Here To Learn, Mostly About Dabs

GoldenOldie

420 Member
Hi, everyone, my name's Lilah and I'm here to basically learn about advancements in cannabis. I've loved flower since I started smoking way back in the 90s, but I don't know too much about dabs and I'm really curious. Hoping to learn a lot here and will most likely have a ton of questions!

Welcome,Lilah!
I can't help with dabs,but I'm sure someone here can tell you all you need to know.

hey oldie

welcome to 420. it's a great place to hang out, learn, and pass your acquired knowledge on. check out these helpful links for new members to get yourself oriented.

@Grandpa Tokin is a fantastic knowledge source for all things rosin. you can find a thread he built on the topic here

Hi, everyone, my name's Lilah and I'm here to basically learn about advancements in cannabis. I've loved flower since I started smoking way back in the 90s, but I don't know too much about dabs and I'm really curious. Hoping to learn a lot here and will most likely have a ton of questions!
:welcome: to :420: Lilah...So...you started smoking "way back" in the '90s huh...:rofl::rofl::rofl:...sorry I find that amusing...since I graduated in 1984 and was smoking since '79...but hey welcome to the forum and have a blast...

On a serious note...are you looking for "wax" dabs or an "e-liquid"??

Welcome to :420:.

There are many forms of concentrates available now. It's all essentially the same thing just produced in a different way. As mentioned earlier how are you looking to enjoy your concentrate? Dab rig? Wax pen? On a bowl? In a blunt? Are you hoping to make your own? Or just hoping to learn what's out there?

@Grandpa Tokin - I like that name! Thanks, @bluter for steering me in the right direction. Much appreciated!
Iso wax is easiest...shake and pour and let dry...that easy.............Granpa Tokin uses grain alcohol and you have to use a double boiler system to cook it off...best way IMO but not for beginners unless your used to a double boiler :hmmmm:

:welcome: to :420: Lilah...So...you started smoking "way back" in the '90s huh...:rofl::rofl::rofl:...sorry I find that amusing...since I graduated in 1984 and was smoking since '79...but hey welcome to the forum and have a blast...

On a serious note...are you looking for "wax" dabs or an "e-liquid"??

I so often find that people I'm talking to are much younger. I don't feel old, but I'm sure a few of my friends would disagree! I'm more interested in wax dabs as opposed to e-liquid. Thanks!

Welcome to :420:.

There are many forms of concentrates available now. It's all essentially the same thing just produced in a different way. As mentioned earlier how are you looking to enjoy your concentrate? Dab rig? Wax pen? On a bowl? In a blunt? Are you hoping to make your own? Or just hoping to learn what's out there?

At this stage, I'm just trying to absorb information on use and what to look for when you're just starting (ie. rigs, nails, etc. - it's all pretty new to me). I'm not ready to attempt any extraction or anything, but I've read a bit about the Rosin press which might be a safer option for me when (and if) I get to that level.

Iso wax is easiest...shake and pour and let dry...that easy.............Granpa Tokin uses grain alcohol and you have to use a double boiler system to cook it off...best way IMO but not for beginners unless your used to a double boiler :hmmmm:

That would be too complex for me in practice, but I'm so curious about the subject that I'll probably still read through Grandpa Tokin's guides just for the info.

I so often find that people I'm talking to are much younger. I don't feel old, but I'm sure a few of my friends would disagree! I'm more interested in wax dabs as opposed to e-liquid. Thanks!
At this stage, I'm just trying to absorb information on use and what to look for when you're just starting (ie. rigs, nails, etc. - it's all pretty new to me). I'm not ready to attempt any extraction or anything, but I've read a bit about the Rosin press which might be a safer option for me when (and if) I get to that level.
That would be too complex for me in practice, but I'm so curious about the subject that I'll probably still read through Grandpa Tokin's guides just for the info.
ISO-wax is the way to go then...It's easy, fool proof, and best of all...anyone can make it the first time out...even me :rofl:...If you want I'll make a detailed recipe for you :thumb:

What do you currently have access to? If your in a legal rec state you'll have every option. Legal medical state with a licence same thing. If it's street stuff you may be limited by what other people are making.
I'm in Los Angeles so I have access to everything. I just figured learning from a forum like 420 Magazine would probably answer more questions than just asking the budtenders at my local dispensary. I'm sure they'd give me decent answers to my questions, but they're also trying to make a sale.

I'm in Los Angeles so I have access to everything. I just figured learning from a forum like 420 Magazine would probably answer more questions than just asking the budtenders at my local dispensary. I'm sure they'd give me decent answers to my questions, but they're also trying to make a sale.

Absolutely. So you've got everything you could imagine available.

I usually recommend a wax pen to start with. Low initial investment and it's not as likely to ruin your day as a dab rig. They do have pre filled pens you can walk in and be ready to vape wax at the touch of a button.

Wow, that would be amazing! It will still probably be some time before I try my hand at ISO-wax, but I'd love to give it a shot when I feel comfortable!
I'm actually getting ready to make some here in a few minutes...I'll take pics and write the recipe here for you when I'm done :thumb:

I'm sure they'd give me decent answers to my questions, but they're also trying to make a sale.
I've found that the more you know about a product,the better-just because someone works at a dispensary doesn't necessarily mean they know squat about what they're trying to sell you...like you said-they're trying to make a sale,not make a friend.

Absolutely. So you've got everything you could imagine available.

I usually recommend a wax pen to start with. Low initial investment and it's not as likely to ruin your day as a dab rig. They do have pre filled pens you can walk in and be ready to vape wax at the touch of a button.
This is most likely a dumb question, but are there vape pen brands that are considered safer? I know it's a super rare occurrence, but reading about those stories where a vape pen explodes has me a bit freaked out LOL

Back
Top Bottom