Hermie?

Beaucoq

First time grower...think I may have a problem.
1471482769472556417747.jpg

Generally hermies will continue to grow more and more balls. But not always. I've had one that just grew two, low down on the stalk. It was enough to create some seeds but once I removed them there were no more. Worth a try. You'll know soon, if they keep coming.

Generally hermies will continue to grow more and more balls. But not always. I've had one that just grew two, low down on the stalk. It was enough to create some seeds but once I removed them there were no more. Worth a try. You'll know soon, if they keep coming.

A ton of them popping up. The day I switched to flower I split the main stem about an inch. She showed no trauma in the leaves or anything but mustve hurt. Maybe that plus super cropping. I doubt it was a hermie seed, right? Dutch Passion seems to legit for that

I don't think I would bin it. Durban Poison pollen sounds like a real fun start to a breeding project. Those buds are pretty young yet too, so you could try to isolate it somehow and make it a seed plant. You'll end up with feminized Durban Poison seeds to plant, they will be slightly different but I mean you'll still be able to get a lot of weed from them for free. Just one pollenated flower could get you 50 seeds. Then if you took the pollen and crossed it with another pure landrace strain, you could get some F1 hybrids.

Lemon, lemonade. :p

Yeah true- if it was just the unusual stress that cause the hermie- then the seeds might be worth a try. Usually the offspring will tend to turn hermie at the same level of stress as the original parent did, IME. All the hermie seeds I've ever grown out have just produced more hermie-prone plants, which lost it's appeal after a few years.
Sounds like TF had better luck than me though - so worth a try.
Yeah 3dog my screen is crap but it looks like there's a ball there. I would suspect the donor plant is a hermie. (?)

Yeah true- if it was just the unusual stress that cause the hermie- then the seeds might be worth a try. Usually the offspring will tend to turn hermie at the same level of stress as the original parent did, IME. All the hermie seeds I've ever grown out have just produced more hermie-prone plants, which lost it's appeal after a few years.
Sounds like TF had better luck than me though - so worth a try.
Yeah 3dog my screen is crap but it looks like there's a ball there. I would suspect the donor plant is a hermie. (?)

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Still deciding what to do with it. Don't want to waste my time/money on a bunch of seeds that'll end up being hermie prone, especially since I can only run one plant at a time. But having a massive amount of dp seeds sounds amazing. So torn

Also do I have to grow the full duration to harvest for seeds? I'm only 18 days in to flower...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It takes about four weeks for viable seeds, roughly. Possibly as long as six or as short as three. But you'll also probably get a small amount of smokable bud, if you wait till the end.

Not necessarily an issue bud. Considering the strain, you might wanna keep it for the sake of crossbredding. Obviously keep it separated from the rest. She is beautiful though. I'd keep her, him, whatever. Lolz...

Sent from my SM-N900T using 420

Back
Top Bottom