Hey Buddy's BlackJack Auto Soil Grow Journal 2012

Hey Buddy Be careful with the LEDs, They do run really cheap and cool, even cooler than CFLs! but I’ve been using Blackstar 180s, and although the Veg light seems really good, I’m having a bit of trouble with the red Flower light, not sure what the problem is yet (their nickname is Deathstar!) , that’s why I moved on to Autos.

Are your plants showing any bud yet? Sweet Seeds have it down as 9 weeks.. I’m interested to see whether that’s realistic, plus what the yield turns out to be.

I’m using seaweed too, its natural and full of trace elements so should be good.

No bud yet RedLeb. I doubt Ill see anything for another week. Im concerned about their slight drooping. I didn't water them yesterday but gave them a nice amount today so am I over or under doing it?? Thats a pity about the LED's as its the high electricity of HPS is worrying...main reason people get too much attention. Im gonna research these deathstar's and make the assumption that there are company's making these LED's for the money and not for the benefit of the plant.much like everything, there's always duds on the market.The last thing I want is to spend €500 on a Christmas tree light and yes the seaweed is making an impression on them..its a pity about the smell!

hey buddy if they were fine yesterday n droopy today I'd guess that they just missed there water.iv been there, last check of day they look healthy next morning they look like there dead all the leaves hanging down even branches bent over but a couple of hours after giving them water they should perk right back up.how's yours looking now buddy?

hey buddy if they were fine yesterday n droopy today I'd guess that they just missed there water.iv been there, last check of day they look healthy next morning they look like there dead all the leaves hanging down even branches bent over but a couple of hours after giving them water they should perk right back up.how's yours looking now buddy?

Yeah I hope so! I gave them some super thrive today too to help perk em up...If they haven't perked up by later today the worry meter is going up! I really had the fear of making the school boy error of over watering so maybe I'm on the boarder of under watering...Time will tell! I've had to reconfigure the air supply coming in as the duct is out my window so if anyone passes by (which has a 5% chance) they will scratch their heads so I've put the intake up into a hole in the wall that I was using as the out take... I'm hoping to create enuf suction so It will pull in the fresh air, if not I'm gonna have to get another fan which I'm not a fan of-Still waiting on my thermometry/humidity device! 4 weeks ago from china and still waiting.What a jip!

I had a real bad fungus gnat problem caused by over watering I now let the top soil dry before I water.I also have a wooden skewer(stole it from kitchen) which I use to aerate and it also gives me an idea how damp the soil is further down hi-tech I know but it's been keeping me on the right track

Don't like to disagree, but it's a lot easier to overwater than underwater in soil. The plants do like it dry.. LED & HPS are worlds apart, but I only water once a week and I think that's too much.

Have you tried lifting the pots? If they are light then it's under if heavy then it's over, only water when they're light.

Don't like to disagree, but it's a lot easier to overwater than underwater in soil. The plants do like it dry.. LED & HPS are worlds apart, but I only water once a week and I think that's too much.

Have you tried lifting the pots? If they are light then it's under if heavy then it's over, only water when they're light.

Yeah I only water when they dry out and its easy to lift them. They seem to be drinking quite a lot!

Looking at them closer...the one plant thats drooping the most had a crooked stem so I tied the lower stem to a corner tent pole to help striaghten it....I hope that hasnt caused any other damage?

Photo01432.jpg

wouldn't think it would do any damage its not like you've tide it to tight round stem.
I agree with RedLeb it is easier to over water cause you think more water more growth or I did anyway.
How much you giving each plant,how often and at what time in your light cycle?

Im keeping them on 24/0- I soaked the soil when I planted them and didnt water for 2 weeks (only light spray around the stem) then 2 weeks ago I watered all of them about a 1/4 litre each then last week a half litre each now this week they seem to be drinking more! I watered them 2 days ago with a litre each then took a trip away for a day and when I came back they had grown a lot and started to droop ...the pots were very light so I gave them a litre each today until it ran out of the holes underneath and Im not planning on watering again for a good few days that is unless the pots get light again.

sorry iv no experience with auto flowerers or the light cycle ur on hopefully someone else can answer this for you my gut feeling now is that maybe they are being over watered lately I'd stick with ur plan on not watering for a few days and see what happens.sorry can't help more.

that's cool pac-mon. I'm gonna ease off on the seaweed spray and only lightly water with super thrive for the rest of the week and see how that pans out...thanks dudes!

i keep my light cycle on 20/4 for auto's, and i've got some big 3'8" monsters, whereas everywhere on the internet said they won't get anymore than 2 and a half to 3 feet tall. and all im using is basic shit, miracle grow soil, no nutes or ferts, just tap water and cfls with a 70w hps thrown in.
Photo0574.jpg

i keep my light cycle on 20/4 for auto's, and i've got some big 3'8" monsters, whereas everywhere on the internet said they won't get anymore than 2 and a half to 3 feet tall. and all im using is basic shit, miracle grow soil, no nutes or ferts, just tap water and cfls with a 70w hps thrown in.
Photo0574.jpg

Nice. Well if the shoe fits! what strain are they and how old?

Hey Buddy Be careful with the LEDs, They do run really cheap and cool, even cooler than CFLs! but I've been using Blackstar 180s, and although the Veg light seems really good, I'm having a bit of trouble with the red Flower light, not sure what the problem is yet (their nickname is Deathstar!) , that's why I moved on to Autos.

Are your plants showing any bud yet? Sweet Seeds have it down as 9 weeks.. I'm interested to see whether that's realistic, plus what the yield turns out to be.

I'm using seaweed too, its natural and full of trace elements so should be good.

Just a note on making the seaweed. I made the mistake of leaving tiny bits of seaweed in the water and when you spray the leaves the little bits stick and cause a bit of hassle so if you can either filter the bits out or only spray under the leaves otherwise you'll see what I mean and will be picking those tiny buggers off for hours....

Hey Buddy no worries, the seaweed I use is ready made liquid feed.

That's quite a jungle you have there Grow Hard!

I'm trying a plant on basic "All Purpose" compost & feed just to see what difference is. Got some cuttings that I turfed outside into the greenhouse that seem to be doing pretty well without any help from me...

ok day 27, -I noticed the ballast gets hot enough to fry an egg (must be the 24/0 schedule) so Ive rigged the air supply duct to cool that block down! Really like the smell of the air being pumped out...
Photo01503.jpg

Looking better today..15 inches tall .gonna give em some super thrive to help balance them out...

Photo01482.jpg

Back
Top Bottom