Hey Buddys - + Speed Auto Staggered Soil Grow - 2012

Hey Buddy

Hi Guys, this is my 5th grow. I decided to stick with + Speed Autos for the next while to get some stability so this is Just a quick update on the + speed auto staggered grow which I started 4 weeks ago. I plant 2 maybe 3 seeds per week to have a constant harvest.

+Speed Autos - Staggered Grow - 7 weeks
Veg section - 400w MH & 250w Cfl
Flowering - 600w HpS
Soil - Canna Terra Pro plus - Start the seedlings in Clay Plebes
Nutes - BioBizz Biogrow - PM Old Timer Bloom - Bat Guano - Testing Bio Bloom Bastic (ATAMI)
Good old Superthrive up untill flowering.
PM Granuels for potting up & Blackstrap Molasses for flowering

PICT00852.JPG

This is what bat crap and some PM Old timer bloom will do to your plants after a few days. I really think that PM Bloom is just Bat Guano and Blackstrap Molasses mixed together.
PICT01173.JPG

Bloom room is filling up very quickly. The DIY tent is almost complete. I just have to seal each corner and attach a zip. Quite clever when its done and all for under 50 bucks.
PICT01182.JPG

The veg section is moving along quite nicely.
PICT01281.JPG

The weaker one that lost its shell while germinating is fighting back thanks to Superthrive I believe it really helps.

PICT0135.JPG

Simple way to make a nice comfortable space for the transplant...I also add some PM Granules. Its a good idea to leave the pot in the grow room so it gets nice and warm. I cant imagine roots wanting to spread into a cold environment.

PICT01242.JPG

PICT01261.JPG

Fits like a glove....

PICT01294.JPG

Update again in a week or so....

Just a quick update on the grow. I was running out of horizontal space in the veg tent and had too much vertical space so I decided to think inside the box and flip the tent on its side. The plants never get taller than 2ft so now they have lots of leg room plus the seedlings have space in there too so I do not need to build a new area for them.

Im keeping a close eye on the temps and will be installing a new extractor for more air. I also bought a new 400w MH bulb and put it in today as the old one was 9 months old. There are now 9 plants in veg (if it can be called that) awaiting to go to the flowering room and 6 seedlings, 2 of which have popped their heads up.Im using clay pebbles but instead of the usual way, I just take the wrapping from around them and use them as a nice bed for the seedling ...which reminds me I need to buy seeds for January so March doesnt suffer!

PICT01502.JPG

PICT0156.JPG

The flowering room is filling up nicely. Ill be either making a roof of mylar for it and hang the bulb vertically or I will dare make a DIY Parabolic Reflector as I can see how they are better than the usual reflector. Prob do that on Christmas day. These are my christmas trees at 4/5/6 weeks old. There are 7 in there now. You cant see the 2 very large one's at the back, they are monsters.

PICT0154.JPG

PICT0152.JPG

Im hoping this one will be done on Christmas day or soon after as I need a J!

PICT01551.JPG

Mainly feeding them PM Bloom and bat Guano then when they have had enough food I just give them BlackStrap Molasses in nice luke warm/tepid water which helps get the taste of bat crap out while still giving them plenty of nutrients..

I still add in some biogrow when feeding otherwise they turn yellow and dont look healthy.

After 9 months of growing I think Ive given birth to the ability to grow these wonderful plants and think I nearly have the nack of this. Hope I didnt just jinx myself!

Looking good brother:morenutes::morenutes:

Looking good brother:morenutes::morenutes:

Thanks for the comment and for stopping by JH

After having a look at your setup is it possible to separate the seedlings at that stage? Ive never tried doing that. Is there an advantage to it?

the roots shouldnt be too matted up by the time im ready to transplant, no real advatage to multiple seeds in 1 container.just that my lighting was limited at the time.

I was away! I will be uploading these pictures to 420 so please dont punish me!

I decided to chop one of the girls down today.Here she is harvested after just 7 weeks from seed.I regret not taking a picture of her before the chop.
The main cola is 12 inches tall and 2 inches wide. Not the biggest but not bad for an auto. I could have left her another week but nah...the Trichomes were mostly cloudy and that is the kind of high I am going for...

PICT0071_2_.JPG

PICT0084_2_.JPG

PICT00891.JPG

PICT00911.JPG

Here is where she got her first and final haircut. As you can see there is still a bit left to chop.

PICT0074_2_.JPG

Here are a couple of other pics of the grow room today.

PICT0079_2_.JPG

PICT0080_2_.JPG

Due to an incorrect calculation my veg room had to become a 2nd bloom room. Must cut down!

PICT0077_2_.JPG

I had to build a small make shift veg area which I hope to do away with in 3 weeks time and go back to using the DR 90 tent for Veg.
These 4 gals were pretty small last week before I transplanted them into their final 11 L pots so now they are close to moving on to the next section. You will not believe how fast these ladies mature...

PICT00823.JPG

So that's me up to date....I have 6 seeds germinating so fingers crossed we get a few new comers soon.

PICT00932.JPG

PICT00942.JPG

As you can see these ladies don't wait around.This is after one day of germinating.
One has literally jumped out of its shell.This has happened quite a few times. 5 out of 6 germinated.

PICT00984.JPG

PICT01004.JPG

So this is how I plant the seeds using jiffy pellets. I have lost many a seedling in the early stages because the soil can be too much for them so this is a great way to ease them into life.

PICT01013.JPG

Dig a little groove for the bed.

PICT01042.JPG

I take off the wrapping but you don't have to

PICT01055.JPG

Mix it with some luke warm/tepid fresh water

PICT01123.JPG

Give it a swirl

PICT01132.JPG

it will start to expand

PICT01193.JPG

I then mush it up

PICT01212.JPG

and then fill it into the space provided....

PICT01243.JPG

PICT01271.JPG

PICT01282.JPG

It makes a nice warm bed for the seedling to start putting roots down into and when it gets bigger and stronger, it will be able to handle the soil much better plus there is no need to water it for a few days as the pellet is very moist but feel free to use your spray bottle to gently moisten up the top every 6 hours to simulate a light drizzle...

Here they are lined up on the floor of the DIY Bloom Room....no need to blast them with any bright light just yet.Must conserve energy where possible.

PICT01063.JPG

Bit of an update on the grow.The seedlings are moving along nicely. Looks like they are beginning to form their 2nd pair of true leaves only 4 days after germinating.

PICT0137_2_.JPG

As you can see I gave them a spray with some water which helps clear away any dirt.

PICT01401.JPG

This girl is getting the chop today after 7 weeks.For the past week & a half I've been giving her just black-strap molasses and water.

PICT01313.JPG

The last plant which was harvested 5 days ago has now been cut into buds and placed in a cardboard tray which I will leave in a cool dark place for another 3 or 4 days....they have yet to be trimmed which will be done when they are ready to be cured. I would have left her in there a few more days but the plant I just harvested today was originally planted one week after this one so I gotta keep the conveyor belt moving and cannot have 2 plants with different moisture levels drying in the same space...

PICT0147_2_.JPG

PICT0144_2_.JPG

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom