Hey Buddys - Soil - WSS Skunk - Grow Journal 2012

Hey Buddy

Hey there. This is grow # 2 for me so fingers crossed its a whopper one-:Namaste:

What strain is it? WSS Skunk
How many:4
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? restrained sativa
Estimated Flowering period: Short flowering period (45 - 60 days)
Soil or Hydro? Soil
Size of light? 400w MH / HPS / 6 x 20w + 6 x 23W CFL's during flowering...might throw in a 135W Blackstar LED there too....
Is it aircooled? yes
Type and strength of ferts used? BioBizz
Soil - Canna Terra Pro+

From Day 0 - 21

PICT00676.JPG

PICT00696.JPG

PICT00723.JPG

PICT00744.JPG

PICT00813.JPG

PICT00971.JPG

PICT00982.JPG

PICT01003.JPG

PICT01023.JPG

PICT01032.JPG

PICT01053.JPG

PICT01061.JPG

PICT01091.JPG

PICT0110.JPG

PICT0111.JPG

PICT01121.JPG

PICT01143.JPG

PICT01163.JPG

PICT01172.JPG

PICT01181.JPG

PICT01192.JPG

Re: Hey Buddys-Soil- WSS Skunk -Grow Journal 2012

hey buddy looks like your off to a fine start.are you planning on increasing your growing space this time round?:peace:

Yeah Man! Im going for the cheap route- some timber and Mylar- The idea is to build an extension onto this tent for flowering and use the tent for seedlings/clones- Its all subject to change tho so lets see how it pans out! I'm moving house next week so I can dedicate an entire room to this which is f@ckin great- I'm never going to close up the tent unless the lights are off- I learned a hell of a lot from those blackjacks and I'm surprised I got what I did out of em as I really did over do a lot of things....rookie mistakes I guess.

How is it all going on your side?

cool cool looks like you got a couple of weeks jump start on me this time round buddy.iv got 3 seedlings coming on in cupboard and I'm planning on building a new home for them so keen to see what u come up with.il prob start a journal once iv built the grow area.
that was a nice result you got last time hopefully this grow blows the last away.:thumb:

cool cool looks like you got a couple of weeks jump start on me this time round buddy.iv got 3 seedlings coming on in cupboard and I'm planning on building a new home for them so keen to see what u come up with.il prob start a journal once iv built the grow area.
that was a nice result you got last time hopefully this grow blows the last away.:thumb:

yeah man I think the only problem Im going to run into is when these 4 are ready to flower, Ill have to build something that will not let in any light....maybe I can put em into a dark press for 12 hours a day and put em under the lights for the other 12- hmmmm

Anyway Ill think of something soon and post it up....

I've germinated 4 more seeds today which Ill be putting there too...

1 x white widow
1 x G-13 (gotta double check this one as its supposed to be a myth but that's what it says on the package!)
1 x Blue Cheese &
1 x Bubble Gum

Fun fun fun

What strain are your seedlings and how did your last batch turn out? Nice high? I think its all in the curing.Im going to buy a bag of patience as it can run out at times lol

Plenty of variety there buddy... shame to keep them in the cupboard when there's all this free sun about...

Plenty of variety there buddy... shame to keep them in the cupboard when there's all this free sun about...

Tell me about it man. Id happily put em out but my neighbours like to pass by the very front of our house- (

Is there an increased chance of them getting pests if they are outside?

What's going on your side?

Yeah - plenty of bud for the summer festivals. Doubled my electricity bill though..

Got another half doz. (4 types) on the way but mainly as trial (coco)..

Ideal time now for a guerilla garden, but smell's a real problem outside, need to be well away in the country...Need some powerful air filtering for yours!

Not sure about pests, you can bet that something will find & try to eat them... even if its only the neighbours..

Yeah - plenty of bud for the summer festivals. Doubled my electricity bill though..

Got another half doz. (4 types) on the way but mainly as trial (coco)..

Ideal time now for a guerilla garden, but smell's a real problem outside, need to be well away in the country...Need some powerful air filtering for yours!

Not sure about pests, you can bet that something will find & try to eat them... even if its only the neighbours..

You think my plants are gonna stink? I'm gonna pick up a negative ion generator to see if it can handle the odour and create nice vibes for the plants.....A shop where I bought more soil told me that ALL LED lights are rubbish. I think he got stung with some real expensive Christmas tree lights! I'm very close to buying the blackstar 135W for flowering so there's no going back! what are your thoughts? Should I just go for it or buy some more cfl's for the flowering area??

nice selection iv tried all 4 n G13 1 of my favourites.my babies are an amnesia (got seed free) another old fav and my 2 top smokes from my trip to the dam last year dr.grinspoon and red cherry berry tried both in barney's breakfast bar both sampled through 1 of there volcano vaporisers mmmm.
iv never heard any good reports on led's I think the technology still has a bit to go but technology does move fast so who knows personally I'd use old school mh and hps as iv seen the results and don't think they can b beaten at the moment.
on the build your own growroom front iv been looking at white hardboard the stuff they back cupboards with I can get a sheet 2440x1220x3mm for 7 quid so to build something 1m22 by 1m22 and 2m tall I'd need 5 sheets total cost £35 I have the timber for the frame already
my last plant was nice man like you said it's all in the cutting,drying n curing and the longer you leave it the better it gets defo my best grow to date :peace:

great to here man. To be honest I would buy the 135W blackstar and give it a try but getting 160 quid in my hand at once is rare these days besides with moving house and a wedding in July, buying shiny toys is out of the question at least until the next batch is done.Im just concerned about high electricity especially now that Ill be having seedlings and veg plants under constant MH and flowering plants in a separate section under maybe 20 x 20W cfls (im thinking of getting 6 more) so maybe if I have a high electricity bill in this new place in August, they'll get used to it-I'm gonna pick up some Mylar next week as I have timber for a frame and make something similar to what you are going for.Thinking of making something that has no roof so the hot air can escape quicker so no need for an extractor fan.An oscallting fan is enough and put a cover over it when the lights are out-Its starting to become fun.Its a real pity I have to look over my shoulder all the time...might move somewhere its not a problem.Maybe Holland.Stranger things happen all of the time lol

What is the story with G13 ??

Still not totally convinced about LEDs... I bought them because they are much cheaper & cooler to run than anything else... The Veg light (I think) is really good... but still trialling the Flowering light... I've read both good things and bad about them so this grow I'm hoping to get a definite answer. They are a lot of money up front that's for sure!

I'm thinking you might not get as big yields as conventional lights, but then even some commercial growers use them so maybe mix & match..

I was going to send you a link but it got edited out by the forum.. If you give "135w blackstar skunk" a Google you will find it though.. (another forum!)

Hey Pac-mon.. saw your journal... looked like a good grow...

thanks redleb it turned out good had a really bad gnat problem half way through think there was a few reasons 1.) I over watered 2.) I have no extraction so the heat and humidity was not the best 3.) I was growing harbanaro chillies in same space. but she pulled through n gave a nice bud.have u got a journal il have to check it.also think your right about led's being good for veg but not so good for flower bit like cfl's the veg does a good job but the cfl flower lights are really only good as a supplement to hps.that said they do still get results.if I had the money I'd go down the hps route I'm slowly building up my equipment and once I get my room built il start getting filters fans n a power plant.

G13 is real its one of the best smelling best tasteing weeds out there iv had visuals off it total up high that's hard to beat.I think it's just a myth on it's government origins but still a class story wiki has a good piece on it.:peace:

thanks redleb it turned out good had a really bad gnat problem half way through think there was a few reasons 1.) I over watered 2.) I have no extraction so the heat and humidity was not the best 3.) I was growing harbanaro chillies in same space. but she pulled through n gave a nice bud.have u got a journal il have to check it.also think your right about led's being good for veg but not so good for flower bit like cfl's the veg does a good job but the cfl flower lights are really only good as a supplement to hps.that said they do still get results.if I had the money I'd go down the hps route I'm slowly building up my equipment and once I get my room built il start getting filters fans n a power plant.

G13 is real its one of the best smelling best tasteing weeds out there iv had visuals off it total up high that's hard to beat.I think it's just a myth on it's government origins but still a class story wiki has a good piece on it.:peace:

yeah man its good to build up the arsenal slowly....think Ill get an led for veg and use the HPS with the cfl's for flowering ...my G13 just stuck its root out so I put it in the pot.still waiting on the rest.Hopefully its female! I want to clone clone clone and keep growing her for as long as possible...the house I found has a nice big attic space so im gonna attack it with a nice setup- Id say this time 3 months Ill have a nice operation going- Prob have 8 plants constantly in Veg and 8 in flower.....yumm

nice man iv always wanted to tour irland most of us scots have Irish blood n now iv another reason lol G13 defo in my top 3.
iv just floored my loft but I worry about the eye in the sky I must b on there flight path cos I get buzzed everyday grrrr
I'm going to run my cfl's till the summer ends then hopefully when I switch to hps the energy spike just looks like the central heating coming back on.
how long are you going to veg and are you working a 18/6 light cycle?

I read that the WSS skunk like a 24/0 light cycle.They have grown a lot since those pics so I'm gonna keep it going.Moving house is great because it cuts my bill in half and the new place I can use the entire attic! Fun-illy enough I've Scottish roots so there....my name comes from fife and that's all I can say!

Whats with the eye in the sky? Do they scan for thermal images or what? Maybe a nice piece of led above the lights will do it and plenty of fans to keep the hot air from getting trapped ....I stopped using my extractor fan as it was too loud..An open door or window is not enough?

Sorry forgot the veg question....dunno.Im going to FIM and not sure what else.You recommend anything?

Here's a few more pictures....3 days of growing-

PICT01211.JPG

PICT01231.JPG

PICT0124.JPG

PICT0129.JPG

G13

PICT0131.JPG

PICT0132.JPG

they must love the 24/0 cycle cos they all look healthy and are growing at an impressive rate.
the eye in the sky is thermal detection although I believe they are looking for large commercial grows where the whole house glows it still is a concern.
leaving your tent door and house windows open is risky as insects could become a problem.is it just the noise of the air that is the problem with your fan? iv been experimenting with mine n found by placing a cardboard box over the end where the air comes out it reduces the noise quite significantly.basically using the box the fan came in I cut a round hole in the side and push the ducting in by about an inch.the opposite side from that hole I leave sealed but cut holes in the other 4 sides.it might be worth giving it a go buddy.
my veg question was how long are you planning on vegging them for?

Coming on well buddy!.. you can tell they're all the same type... mine are all different sizes. (Not done a journal Pac-mon... still looking for the best method to cope with these LEDs.. I was having over-watering problems too but now I'm on Coco I'm hoping things are sorted! did get some gnats at one time but that was organic compost. no problem since..)

Ill be interested to see results of G13 (if you survive it!).. I'm trying high yield & high THC content this time.. only time will tell..

Would be nice to get the attic sorted out as a grow space... If you have a window up there you could make use of natural light.. certainly grow differently when they get in a bit of sunshine.

yeah they do seem to like the constant light! The fan leaves are huge- I don't think Ill Veg em too long as if the FIM goes well and I have 4 decent plants Id be happy with small but well packed so a longer flowering period probably but who knows as everything is subject to change!

The attic space has a nice window and I do really want them to use natural light so fingers crossed I get a decent bit-They might end up growing sideways towards the light lol

Id say with led lights you wouldn't have to water as much as there isn't any heat issues so they probably don't get very thirsty. These guys must like the soil and super-thrive is pretty good for root development.Their roots where coming out the bottom of the pots after 1 week.

Still waiting on the 3 other seeds to pop a root so Im not sure if Ill see any-more! I do have 6 other seeds that I can germinate if they fail-

Ill try that silencer trick Pac-Mon ...sounds like it'll work. Im tempted to not get an internet connection in the new house for the first month.It really does take up way too much time surfing and scaremongering myself into a corner so there maybe a break in communicating the plants progress.Ill take pics anyway and upload em when I do get up and running-

Im tempted to not get an internet connection in the new house for the first month.It really does take up way too much time surfing and scaremongering myself into a corner so there maybe a break in communicating the plants progress.Ill take pics anyway and upload em when I do get up and running-

no probs buddy we'll still be here waiting patiently hope the move goes smooth and doesn't stress you and the girls also congrats and good luck with the wedding 2 man.
iv been looking into lst'ing my grinspoon looks easy enough (famous last words lol) :peace:

Back
Top Bottom