Hey Buddy's BlackJack Auto Soil Grow Journal 2012

I would have thought BioBloom is probably the best this time round... if you give them too strong feed you might stop them dead in their tracks... The BioBloom bottle suggests you put it in with every watering.. probably from day 1.. that might encourage more flower & less leaf..

How are the trichromes?

There's an e-book by Jorge Cervantes that's worth a read..

Thanks dude- I guess its 3 weeks to go so Im gonna push em as far as I can. Lots of phosphorous ! Im reading Fishbone is very high in P so Im gonna hit the fishman at tesco and see what he has. BioBloom has only 2.0/6.0/3.5 ratio so if the bat guano is still releasing that might help too.

Any suggestions on how to get the most out of them at this point?

Im using a bottle of CO2 in the base of the tent but I read that Co2 is heavier than air so it'll fall to the ground! So much conflicting info out there!!

CO2 is denser then air so release it over the plants and really that's going to do the trick. CO2 is what is lacking in most grow rooms and if you just got a tank of it you rock. That biobloom will fuck your plants up if you use it the way it recommends. With that ratio I would suggest sticking with nothing but the fish for sure results. Don't want to burn those roots you worked so hard on or lock out any nutrients through excessive boron, zinc,etc.. If you want to experiment just use it on one plant. They look great by the way. Oh, if you want a boost use a tablespoon per gallon ratio of blackstrap molasses(no sulfur) in the mix. Use it during feed. It works as a chelating agent making nutrients easier for the mycelia on the roots do their job as well as a good source of calcium and potassium. Fungi love their sugar. Will allow them to get that boost you want. careful though. Sounds to me like your in that feed feed feed mode since you didn't take my advice on not feeding them nitrogen in this stage. Make sure you leave at least 2 weeks open for the flush as well.

I would have thought BioBloom is probably the best this time round... if you give them too strong feed you might stop them dead in their tracks... The BioBloom bottle suggests you put it in with every watering.. probably from day 1.. that might encourage more flower & less leaf..

How are the trichromes?

There's an e-book by Jorge Cervantes that's worth a read..

Yeah the Biogrow chart does suggest 1 ml for every ltr every week from week 2 which I started but then the leaves got dark green so I layed off for 2 weeks.Ive only started them on it from last week ...I read on here that week 6 or 7 at least should be from when you start nutes.

Bongtastic's Beginner's Guide to Autoflowering Cannabis

Anyway I see what you mean- I was watching a youtube video of Jorge Cervantes, didnt know he had an e-book.Will track it down....trichromes look good.Starting to get that frosty look around them.Ill take a nice close up in a couple of days with the good camera, Maybe you can tell me what you think! :thanks:

CO2 is denser then air so release it over the plants and really that's going to do the trick. CO2 is what is lacking in most grow rooms and if you just got a tank of it you rock. That biobloom will fuck your plants up if you use it the way it recommends. With that ratio I would suggest sticking with nothing but the fish for sure results. Don't want to burn those roots you worked so hard on. If you want to experiment just use it on one plant. They look great by the way.

thanks dude....I agree with you about Biobizz stuff so Im only using 1ml to every 3 or 4 litres. I just dont want to rely on the stuff. Ive read a lot of bad reviews...after I bought the stuff that is. Very clever move by me! Seeing its my first grow Ill be forgiven.Im at week 6 now so no excuses! :thumb:

ok while trying to get rid of the red stem or as Ive been informed, the N deficient by feeding them Biogrow (high in Nitrogen), I now have dark green fan leaves again. So Im scratching my head! Have I over fed them or is red stem normal? I dont like the idea of giving them Nitrogen while they are flowering so Ill take the gamble that I overfed them and just give em water in 3 days time...note to self-Dont feed them 1/3 strength nutes. I dont like BioBizz-

If you haven't figured out why the red stems yet it is actually from a nitrogen deficiency

Im reading this from another website....

Nitrogen deficient plants produce yellow leaves, a sign of diminished chlorophyll production. Plants lacking phosphorous produce small, dark green leaves with purple veins, purple leaf stems, and purple-streaked stocks. When a plant lacks potassium, the leaves turn yellow, then brown and eventually die. Deficiencies in zinc, magnesium and calcium all cause color changes.

Im confused

lol. This link will help. It looked like that was what the plant does to me due to no damaged leaves, but read this link anyways.
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Turns out they have an NPK deficiency .....so feeding them on 1/3 strength wasnt doing them any good and maybe I should have followed the BioBizz Chart...arrrr

NITROGEN (N)
Pale plants, red stems, smaller growth. Rapid yellowing of lower leaves progressing up the plant. Add any chemical fertilizer containing N. Treated plants recover in about a week.

PHOSPHORUS (P)
Slow or stunted growth, red stems. Smaller leaves that are dark green. Lower leaves yellow and die. Add chemical fertilizer containing P. Affected leaves will not show recovery but new growth will apear normal.

POTASSIUM (K)
Affected plants are usually tallest and appear to be most vigorous. Necrotic spots form on lower leaves. Red stems. Leaves appear pale or yellow. Add chemical fertilizer containing K.

They look good to me... They wouldn't have grown that well if there was much wrong...

It's really easy to get the feeding a bit out of balance and block some nutrient or other.. then its a nightmare to fix.. Not always a deficiency

They look good to me... They wouldn't have grown that well if there was much wrong...

It's really easy to get the feeding a bit out of balance and block some nutrient or other.. then its a nightmare to fix.. Not always a deficiency

Cool....Its a tight rope walk I reckon. Gonna give them full strength nutes for feeding tomorrow and see how that pans out.Im thinking of getting a bunch of 23W Cfls and Hang them from the top of the tent and have each of them suspended just above each bud on the plants like a Christmas tree to help with the final stages of flowering.....just an experiment.

Will take pics so we can have a good laugh...

nice bush buddy man :goodjob:
your tent gonni look real pretty with the added lights
merry Xmas black jacks lol :peace:

They sure will...once I figure how to wire 6 or 8 x 26W Cfl's together without blowing anything up!

wooooooooohoooo man. they look gorgeous! WELL DONE!

thanks man...im trying the old fashoned no improvements look. Looking at your grow Im regretting topping them and low stress training. Not to worry! My next grow will have all the trimmings.

Thanks for the feedback...tune in next week. Im gonna light em up like a christmas tree :thumb:

ok so here is my DIY CFL light box -

Some bits...

Photo01933.jpg

Cover the pot with emergency foil....waiting on some mylar to arrive.hope this stuff does the job till then...might cover each pot with it too-

Photo0195.jpg

Attach a plug board

Photo0197.jpg

Top should look like this

Photo0198.jpg

Then with 4 x 20W cfl's each have a lumen output of 1160 @ 2700k which is a lumen to watt ratio of 58...not the best but not too bad. €31 for 6 bulbs, 6 switches, 3 plugs

Photo0200.jpg

Put the DIY CO2 bottle on top...like a rocket

Photo0201.jpg

end result

Photo0204.jpg

Now I just have to attach the other 4 on the tent poles at the outside....stay tuned

nice fabrication buddy how's your temps holding.are u able to use your intake air-ducting to blow air over it?

Its not bad eh pac-mon? I just rigged bulb number 6...its quite hard to get them into a position and not touch a leaf. If you look closer at the last picture up there, to the left you can see the end of my intake air duct. It has nylon tights over it as a lot of winged creatures of the night can see the light from outside and like travel down it. I might move the fan onto the ground instead to help with the temps. As you can see Ive wrapped all the pots with Mylar too...cant see why it hasnt been done before! Hope all this has some effect on the plant :Namaste:

What do you think?? Im still convinced some things gonna blow!!!

Photo0206.jpg

Photo0205.jpg

Looks like Im making a science fiction film down there....might put some miniature people with space helmets and buggy's in there too.

Back
Top Bottom