Hey Buddy's BlackJack Auto Soil Grow Journal 2012

Doubtful its too hot... What feed & how much did you give them.. ? I singed the edges of mine with less than 1/2 strength.. easy done..

I fed them 15ml of biobloom and 15ml of TopMax mixed with 5 litres of water ...they recommend 4ml for every 1 ltr of water so Im slightly under the recommended dose...

Temps are getting up close to 30 Celsius at night as I have the extra cfl's in the tent too so I raised the lights today...process of elimination. I also added some epsom salts to the water. Just a teaspoon with the 5 litres. Each plant drank around 2 litres each....hmmmm

hay buddy that still a lot of nutes especially if they not used to them.
what's the salt for man?

Ive been slowly increasing the dose from 1ml to 4ml over the past 6 weeks so I doubt its a shock to em? Its what the biobizz chart says besides when I was giving them 1/3 dose they started getting deficient.....they were also showing signs of Mg deficiency and Calcium deficiency which is why I added some Epsom salts ....

What are Epsom Salts?

Epsom salts are a naturally occurring mineral. They were first discovered in Epsom, England, where they got their name. You can find cartons of Epsom salt in drug stores and groceries, either in the laxative aisle or the sore muscle section.

What are Epsom Salts Supposed to do for Plants?

Epsom salts contain hydrated magnesium sulfate, two elements crucial to plant growth.
Sulfur (13%) is crucial to the inner workings of plants, but it is almost never lacking in the soil, thanks in part to synthetic fertilizers and acid rain.
Magnesium (10%) can become scarce in soil, usually because of erosion or depletion of the top soil or a pH imbalance. Some plants, like lettuce and spinach, don’t mind going without magnesium. Others may exhibit symptoms like leaf curing, stunted growth, that could be attributed to more than one cause. Magnesium deficiency has even been blamed as a cause for biter tomatoes.
In general, magnesium plays a role in strengthening the plant cell walls, allowing the plant to take in the nutrients it needs. It also aids in seed germination, photosynthesis and in the formation of fruits and seeds.

Do Epsom Salts Really Help Plants Grow Better?

Researchers have never been terribly impressed with the effects of Epsom salts on plants and some think it is wrong to continue encouraging it. Gardeners are a different story and the use of Epsom salts is a gardening tip passed down for generations. While many gardeners simply toss in a handful of Epsom salts at planting time, it really is wiser to test your soil first. Epsom salts are not going to cure an extreme magnesium deficiency and are generally considered more effective in acid soils, where magnesium is not easily accessed by plants.

I think its worth a shot...

I watered them after 2 days today. No nutes. Just Epsom & super-thrive. Fingers crossed they come back for a gallant finish.Secretly I've lost hope. I don't think they'll yield very much at all so I've started preparing for a big let down-

Day 47 -Picture of the injured party...Im rubbing water on the effected leaves every hour to help hydrate em

PICT000449.JPG

Hey Buddy, found this on a thread about red leaf stems...

"Well I decided to leech the 7 gallon pot with 14 gallons of ph 6.8 water.
Now all of the new growth is not purpling on the leaf veins an petioles like it was before. This plant was vegged for 3 months and has been in flower for 5 weeks so there was alot of time for salts to build up from the ferts. The plant is now flowering much faster. It be zoomin up and make more sweet bud! +1 for leeching."

It may be a shortage of Nitrogen but that needs sorting earlier in the grow.. A product called Cal-Mag or the UK version is worth investigating.

Your buds are looking good, & you should get a decent crop..

Hey Buddy, found this on a thread about red leaf stems...

"Well I decided to leech the 7 gallon pot with 14 gallons of ph 6.8 water.
Now all of the new growth is not purpling on the leaf veins an petioles like it was before. This plant was vegged for 3 months and has been in flower for 5 weeks so there was alot of time for salts to build up from the ferts. The plant is now flowering much faster. It be zoomin up and make more sweet bud! +1 for leeching."

It may be a shortage of Nitrogen but that needs sorting earlier in the grow.. A product called Cal-Mag or the UK version is worth investigating.

Your buds are looking good, & you should get a decent crop..

Sounds good RedLeb....I watered the gals today with pure water so do you think I should leave it 2 more days or try leeching today? So leeching is basically flushing the soil is it?

I was thinking that it might be good idea to give them a bit of the Hydroponic treatment and flush by giving double the liquid they need each time you water... that should get rid of some waste salts and replace with fresh food every few days..

I've just started mine on this..

Need a bowl to collect the run-off though .. could be messy...

I was thinking that it might be good idea to give them a bit of the Hydroponic treatment and flush by giving double the liquid they need each time you water... that should get rid of some waste salts and replace with fresh food every few days..

I've just started mine on this..

Need a bowl to collect the run-off though .. could be messy...

Yeah I agree man. When I water them I get quite a lot of run off. Im giving each around 2 litres every 2 days now. Just wish I read somewhere that Autos dont like nutes....so Ill be back to feeding em a small bit for the next 10 days.

Only 2 weeks left with these gals, cant wait to start a new batch with all the no ledge Ive picked up. Its a pity green lamp dont deliver to Eire, So gotta get new tent elsewhere. Its been a hell of a ride! There is so much conflicting info out there, its like walking around in the dark with lots of trap doors open.

How are yours lookin now?

1st grows are always notoriously difficult.. best way is just to get on with it....You seem to have done fairly well... All that's left is to weigh them in now!...

My Auto's are a bit of a disaster (small)... Swapped from using my own compost to Canna Coco Professional Plus for the first time & didn't get the feeding quite right... I'm sticking to "normal" plants for a couple of grows.. (a bit cheaper) till I get a sound method sorted.

I'm finding that plants do really well in the greenhouse though .. thought it would be too early & cold....

Hey there id just like to say you have starting stages of over nuteing :/ Stop all Nutes going in to soil only water from now on. If u add anymore it will only get worse. best thing to do is give it water as often as can be to get the nute out of the soil little by little. Liking the results of the Auto flower! Keep it up! ;) subbed! Happy 420!

Also for your yeild depending on plant and light, Autoz yeild anywhere from 12-60 grams. If you do SoG u can prob get up to 200 grams or 300 grams (requires more plants and LST with scoog)

Yeah cool Mr Mud Pie,thanks for that- Problem was I was under feeding them for weeks then they got deficient. Once I started following the biobizz chart trouble happened (why would I follow what the company says eh?) Now Im just gonna feed em water and throw the biobizz crap down the toilet....bit too late for improvements so Im getting ready to start a new batch in 2 weeks and use the SOG & LST methods....just:thumb: happy to get the first grow out of the way!

Yeah cool Mr Mud Pie,thanks for that- Problem was I was under feeding them for weeks then they got deficient. Once I started following the biobizz chart trouble happened (why would I follow what the company says eh?) Now Im just gonna feed em water and throw the biobizz crap down the toilet....bit too late for improvements so Im getting ready to start a new batch in 2 weeks and use the SOG & LST methods....just:thumb: happy to get the first grow out of the way!

Well dont lose hope in your baby!! you can still get some good buds out of her, To be honest id only reccomend BPN now its made for cannabis best thing u can get! And i mean Some bud is better than no bud and u got to remember. Like my plant Sherley is outdoors she will be 6 months!! yours has not even been 50 days lol so u should be happy ull have buds before me :p sherley is just now starting to show buds woot woot!

Well dont lose hope in your baby!! you can still get some good buds out of her, To be honest id only reccomend BPN now its made for cannabis best thing u can get! And i mean Some bud is better than no bud and u got to remember. Like my plant Sherley is outdoors she will be 6 months!! yours has not even been 50 days lol so u should be happy ull have buds before me :p sherley is just now starting to show buds woot woot!

Cool man, have you a journal going? Is it one in your signature? Would be nice to get my mind off mine :) Here are some pictures of mine now on Day 48...I guess they aint too bad.A lot can happen in 15 days... I made the mistake and always make the mistake of putting myself under huge pressure to be perfect with everything but I made the decision last night that it doesnt matter how they come out, once I can get baked for a few weeks and not be whipping em for better results. Thanks for the positive vibes, same to you RedLeb & pac-mon as Id be in a real bad way if I didnt get the guidance that I have gotten so far! Happy Dayz ahead-

PICT0006441.JPG

PICT0007421.JPG

PICT0008411.JPG

PICT0009431.JPG

PICT0010381.JPG

ok having trouble with the new setup...cant find the link to the pictures :( You will have to click the links above until I can figure this out-

Yeah same here :/ well hey yeah man its 4/20/2012 its ur plants day go be with them give them some fresh co2 smoke and juust chill and just be thankful you have a plant that has buds and is growing :) got to be thankful for the little things ;) I'm baked as fuck might go get some medical and then get a 3ds :)

Oh and Sherley is the Unknown and mystery I've been having probs with her and nutes but got it undercontrol now learned a shit ton from having probs lol I was at your spot and things only get worse before they get better remember that to :)

Hey Buddy, how are the trichromes coming on?

Starting to turn brown in places.....What does this mean??The plants are still growing flowers. Real small in places so Im wondering if they will be done in 2 weeks which will be 9 weeks in total. Do you know if they can keep going longer if they need to??

Here is a picture..day 50

PICT001429.JPG

The Trichromes are the sugar frosting on leaves & buds... they are active part of the plant and determine the THC level, and are ready when they go turn from clear to milky.. THC degrades into CBD with time and they turn brownish..

As I understand it, depending on whether you are looking for High (THC) or Stoned (more CBD) determines when you harvest... BlackJack is a "Party Plant" & you'll need to catch it before too much converts to CBD..

The pistils turning brown means its not far off... You need to get your magnifying glass out..

Back
Top Bottom