Hey Buddys - Soil - WSS Skunk - Grow Journal 2012

Yeh.. Pitch dark is the only way Buddy, I'm reliably informed even pinholes can upset things... although they must get full moons in the wild!

Yeah I was thinking the headlights of the odd car must flash by at night too....lol

Im dropping brown leaves around em aswell hoping it will spurr em on too ....lol

il be flipping mine 12/12 sooner than I normally would just waiting on a 45w 6400k bulb for my amnesia cuttings then the il switch the cycle on the big 3 how tall were yours before you went 12/12?

The Skunks were 28 inches tall pac-mon. The G13 is 26 inches tall and the blue cheese is 24 inches tall ...they are looking pretty good. Im not gonna bother cloning as seeds are cheap and I simply dont have the setup yet-

Im hoping to buy a 600W bulb & ballast next week for pennies so fingers crossed it happens so I can have one continuous grow for Veg and one for flowering....Im told the electric company only take a meter reading twice a year and my bill is an estimate based on last years usage which was probably next to nothing- I am in the middle of nowhere here so Ill be running around 1200W an hour from next week. Hubba Hubba. F@ck the man! I aint gonna live forever!

Hey Buddy how are things? You thinking of cooling the 600w?

I ought to get one for my tent, but I'm a bit concerned about the heat... the air cooled shades & fans make it a bit complicated..

Hey Buddy how are things? You thinking of cooling the 600w?

I ought to get one for my tent, but I'm a bit concerned about the heat... the air cooled shades & fans make it a bit complicated..

Yeah man but the guy selling the 600w wants to meet in a parking lot so I is a bit concerned. Might turn out to be broken or stolen as its only €65....

I suggest keeping the tent door open during the lightings on period as I had the same problem with my tent which is why Im going to use the entire room and just paint the walls white or hang mylar on them.With the tent door closed the temps can easily get up to 100F, unless you have a really good a/c going it'll make the plants sweat like mutha fu#kers....thats what happened with my first grow so Im giving these gals loads of space. I was gone for 3 days to a wedding in London and when I came back last night they had grown a huge amount.So much so that one of them touched a cfl & got a bit burned. Will put up some pictures tonight when the lights are on.....still recovering from the trip myself.Need more coffee lol

Sounds a bit dodgy, but then its a bit of a dodgy business!

I remember us buying twenty something ounces in a car park years ago... that was a bit weird, just like a spy film..

Sounds like a reasonable deal though.. there seem to be a lots of different types available (the ballasts seem quite significant in yeild)..

I have a friend who has threatened to set me up with new lights.. when he gets around to it.. he's not impressed with my LEDs either...

Sounds a bit dodgy, but then its a bit of a dodgy business!

I remember us buying twenty something ounces in a car park years ago... that was a bit weird, just like a spy film..

Sounds like a reasonable deal though.. there seem to be a lots of different types available (the ballasts seem quite significant in yeild)..

I have a friend who has threatened to set me up with new lights.. when he gets around to it.. he's not impressed with my LEDs either...

Yeah man, go for an improved set-up if you can. Like you said before, mix & match. Use cfl's, HPS/MH & LED's.Ive found the MH bulb to kick ass. It really sets the plants up real big and strong. Im just not into buying stuff in car parks as I used to buy green in very large amounts and have to collect from a car park but Id know who the guys were so Im concerned that this guy is using a fake name, a disposable number and not being able to track him if the thing doesn't work.Id rather wait and save an extra few quid so I can have a point of contact if anything goes wrong-

Anyway I'm happy the plants have stretched. I just didn't realise that it would be so much in such a short period. Pictures to follow tonight. Gotta go back to the auto s....maybe Ill get a kick ass yield from these ladies. They are not showing signs of having seed sacks so fingers crossed it stay s like that....

ok so some pictures of the Gals.....gotta get a tripod, shaky shaky.

PICT0326.JPG

PICT0325.JPG

Blue Cheese @ 4 weeks (I thought they were a small strain?)

PICT0321.JPG

PICT0293.JPG

One Skunk

PICT0315.JPG

Another skunk....pretty tall-She broke her stem on the journey while moving house so she's recovered really well.

PICT0313.JPG

Hey Buddy what's the craic? Any news on lights? I got a 600w hps last week and my plants have seem to have doubled in size...

We were festivaling in the rain at the weekend and really noticed difference when we got back.. Its always well over 30 in there but they seem to love it..!

One tip I've found is to use rainwater (no shortage) hardly any need to adjust pH..

16thjuly1.jpg

How are yours?

All good man,Those look nice. How old are they ??

Im trying to buy a 600w on ebay but they are taking their time in responding so patience is a virtue. I reassembled the tent so 4 are inside and 2 are outside. The G13 & Blue Cheese (although it must be another strain as its massive now) are blooming quite nicely.Ill put up a pic later today when they are awake.Ive ordered 6 fast devil autos and will split the 600w between the 2 grows. One will have it for 12 hours and the other seedlings will have it for the other 12...quite clever (I hope). Its a dual spectrum one so the 6 in flowering will have 1000w for 12 hours which will give em the boost they need. Its only £39 and £29.99 p+p so happy days...rain water you say hmm no shortage indeed. I might put a bucket outside. There's quite a few drippy gutters round here but Im happy filling lots of containers and leaving them over night. The guy that owns the place claims the water comes from a well so who knows....

Exciting stuff-

All good man,Those look nice. How old are they ??

The picture is of a 38 day Sour Kush... another 4/5 weeks at this rate & it should have a really decent yield... I've been juggling them a bit so got plenty in veg waiting space.. Ill be glad to get back to 6 in flower, 6 in veg. routine..

Good idea to use light for 2 lots 12 .. make the most of what you've got.. I've really gone off Ebay a bit just lately... Off to get more supplies from Grow shop tomorrow, now I've seen what real lights can do I'm hooked on Coco grows.

I'm really keen to see how your Autos do.. you going to use same method?

A friend was recommending Blue Cheese recently... look forward to the pics...

hey guys good to see your still around been a bit quiet.cani wait to see how your plants doing buddy.iv got mysel some new toys should see some major improvements to my 3 strain grow il try get some pictures up but will prob b the weekend :peace:

Need to see Dr Grinspoons progress Pacmon...

What's the story dudes? Had a nice post wif pictures all ready last night but Im on three mobile broadband and it sucks! Its not a magic number. its a tragic number so stay away from it!

Anyway the G13 turned hermie on me so I was in a bit of shock! But it is safe behind bars continuing to bloom and I will most likely use all those lovely seeds over the coming months so its not all bad! It is now a nice 34 inches tall.I was warned by you guys!! maybe it was the disturbance in the light? Its funny as I wasn't ready to clone but hell this is even better!

PICT001137.JPG

The Blue cheese is now my favourite! She is a whopping 3 feet in height and is looking very healthy...Ill let this one go as long as possible. She's started to bloom in the past week so with the new 600W arriving next week, they will really suck up that extra light-

Blue_cheese_Tall.JPG

Im not too impressed with the skunks but what do you expect from cheap seeds? Maybe they'll surprise me, maybe they wont. Anyway Im looking forward to starting the 6 Fast Devil Autos next week so i will get another journal together and work in tandem.

skunk62.JPG

skunk_small.JPG

skunk_tall.JPG

We are all moving up in the world now aint we?

Looking forward to seeing how your set up is going pac-mon! Maybe we'll have a race to the end!

Good move with the 600W Redleb, I bet you are dancing looking at their progress!!

They look really good Buddy.. How long on 12hrs now? Its a shame about the G13.. I've had males plants but never this .. Do you think its safe to keep it...?

Which one is which by the way?

Ive been giving some of my plants a go at Pacmons LST technique:-

THC Bomb
thc_bomb.jpg

Big Bud 2
big_bud14.jpg

Now that the lights are sorted.. I've got to decide which variety to grow. I thought THC bomb might be right (short, big yield & high THC) but it seems a bit slow..

I've been growing 8 Ball for a while now but everyone seems to recommend Blueberry or Blue Cheese so looking forward to seeing what you get..

Yeah man, it a pity but it'll still grow bud and supply female seeds which Ill grow and/or sell at some stage ....I put it to the other end of the room and have 8 x 23w cfls, one on each bud spot which is working a treat ....dont think the others will get pollinated as they seem to be flowering away with no problems.Ill get the 600W on Monday and use the 400W MH for the Fast Devils...they are now on 2 weeks of 12/12....the top picture is the G13, then the blue cheese which is massive now, she is the closest to the camera and the rest are the skunks which look a bit weedy but with the 600w coming they should improve somewhat!

If I leave the blue cheese Id say it could very well do 5 ounces from a guess so I wont be in a rush to harvest.....I will do what I did with the blackjacks and harvest the top cola then leave the rest to mature so its kinda an alternative to LST'n

8Ball sounds interesting! Super Skunk Automatic from Sensi seeds has been awarded First Prize in the auto-flowering category at the 2012 Highlife cup in Amsterdam (can I say that?) So it might be worth a look but man there are so many to choose from.

Ive been wanting to try THC bomb so the plan is a new batch every month in rotation!

Those plants look ready to flower are they on 12/12 yet?

nice pictures redleb my only tip with LST is not to tie whatever you use tight round plant because it will cut in as the stem gets bigger/fatter but you knew that already.

not sure if I would bother with the hermi seeds I think they will carry on the traits of it's mother father :peace:

Ive been wanting to try THC bomb so the plan is a new batch every month in rotation!

Those plants look ready to flower are they on 12/12 yet?

Good Idea, if you stick to auto's at least you wont limit growing space... It would be nice to live somewhere warm where they can grow outside Ideal for autos (California Maybe!) ... Mine are ready for 12 hrs.. but no room at the Inn yet! Pity you're not a bit closer, I have plenty of cuttings..

not sure if I would bother with the hermi seeds I think they will carry on the traits of it's mother father

I agree, its a sad day but its worth bearing in mind any stray pollen that gets to your females will reduce the crop.

yeah I guess you guys might be right so Im leaving the hemie in another room on its own so no stray pollen can get to my females and reduce the crop! Which would suck diddly uck...

Here are a couple more of the blue cheese posing...isnt she dreamlike?

Blue_Cheese_Dark.JPG

Blue_Cheese_High.JPG

with all the gang...

Blue_Cheese_Skunks.JPG

and the new comers....only 5 germinated so its not too bad.

5_Speed_Devils.JPG

nice nug bud,everything looking healthy :thumb: :peace:

thanks pac-mon. Not bad for 2 weeks of flowering. Cant wait for the 600W to arrive. It'll really boost em! Fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow. That cola on the blue cheese is gonna get real big!

Im only watering them once a week. I water one every day in rotation and let them get real light. I think they like it.

Back
Top Bottom