Hey Buddys - Soil - WSS Skunk - Grow Journal 2012

Re: Hey Buddys-Soil- WSS Skunk -Grow Journal 2012

ye it sure is fun trying new techniques. a friend of mine uses powder but u know me I'm low tech cut it scrape it plant it lol.how's your fim job looking a close up pic would b appreciated also what is this meant to achieve over just topping buddy?
iv just potted mine up drilled a few holes round the rim of 1 pot to try lst will leave it to settle in over night n start the bending tomorrow (gulp) :peace:

The FIM technique slowed the whole growing process by 2 weeks but I can see lots of new growth.I cant be sure but I think I now have an average of 4 top colas per plant. I just have to give them another few weeks to mature so I can be sure. Will take pictures then and will hopefully be boasting something....It just means I can take lots of cuttings from each plant and leave just the top colas.

Hope the bug problem is solved Buddy.:welldone:. they look like caterpillars to me, if so its just a case of picking them off before they eat too much.

Your plants are probably just showing first signs that they are female... that's good... also means they are ready for 12 hrs..

Clones really need bottom heat & humidity.. they should root in about 10 days... I bought a little electric propagator from B&Q for about a tenner. I use B&Q liquid rooting gel.. no failures yet ... you can buy special stuff but its more expensive & probably the same thing. I like the coco-coir propagation plugs too, saves disturbing the roots when you pot them up.

Last time I took cuttings I had plants ready for flowering after 5 weeks. This time I'm only taking one clone per type, so that I can take cuttings from them to follow on the ones I have now... Gets a bit tricky when multiple light times involved. I ended up with plants everywhere ... hence the greenhouse grow.... Best of luck....

Thanks man.Yeah they must be a Caterpillar of some sorts.Some appetite they have for their size.Hope I got em all. I got a bunch of coco-coir propagation plugs for free from the shop I bought the soil in.The owner just threw em in but I wasnt sure what they did until yesterday so Im a gonna get more. You think it would be ok for me to take lots of cuttings from each plant and just leave the top colas or is that over doing it? Will switch to 12/12 in a couple of days when the move is a complete.

ok think iv got it iv topped before and that stopped the main stem producing more nodes but what I think uv done is slow the growth of the main stem allowing the lower branches to catch up height wise but the main stem will still grow new nodes if that's the case iv also achieved this by pinching the the very top that's actually what I done last time n ended up with 15 heads :thumb:

hi redleb iv ordered 3 X Sweet Seeds Auto Cream Caramel and 3 X Dinafem Seeds Critical Jack autoflowering
will also receive 2 X Dinafem Seeds Cheese auto along with a few other fem seeds :peace:

You can take as many clones as you have side shoots, but each shoot is potential crop... lower down shoots root better (apparently). How many you thinking of growing?

They have a tendency to grow very fast for a couple of weeks when you switch to 12 hrs (stretch).. each type stretches a different amount..

Looking forward to tracking your autos Pac-mon.... I was very impressed with mine.. much less trouble and more compact than normal types.. you can get quite a few into a small space... You doing a journal?

ok made the move with some problems.2 of the plants look like war veterans.One of their stems broke in half so I made a splinter.She is only coming back now after 2 weeks. 2 of the other plants lost a fan leaf each and are only coming back now. The G13 and BubbleGum are flying along so Im waiting for them all to be around the same stage then put all 6 into flowering.So stressful for everyone concerned. Im definitely going back to autos after this as they would nearly be done by now.Anyway Im not complaining Im always learning. 2 weeks without internet was enough. I have a few new pictures to upload. Boy am I tired! The lower leaves are starting to die on the skunk plants so is this normal or should I feed em more? How's it all going for you guys?

Hey Buddy... you made it to the new world then...

Just saw you got quite a bit of weight from your last batch of autos...I think they are less trouble too... and come in all shapes & sizes these days..

I usually find the lowest fan leafs turn yellow I wait till they are completely yellow then pull them and just water as normal it might not be the best solution but I think once they have produced side shoots (branches) they have done there job and the plant puts it's energy else where :peace:

Thanks for the wisdom guys. Here's a couple of pics.

The G13 is doing well. I think she is a she and is showing signs. I Fim'd her last week and she is recovering at a great pace.
PICT02771.JPG

Here is the Bubblegum or Blue Cheese I cant remember which ...will know in a few weeks

PICT02781.JPG

And here is the set up....

PICT0279.JPG

As you can see Im just using the frame to hold the lights and Ive added the flowering cfls for good measure. Ill be lining those walls with mylar in a few weeks and will begin flowering 12/12 in 2 weeks as the WSS Skunks look tired of waiting...so happy days.

I must drop in on you guys now and see how the progress is coming-

Side view of the G13- She did stretch a bit while a seedling which I was worried about but she looks good today.

g1310.JPG

I think Im gonna switch to 12/12 tomorrow.All this vegging around the place is making us restless.

Hey Buddy, Had to weed out one of my feminised Big Buds for being male..... Just as well we don't have to suffer the same treatment...! keep an eye out after a couple of weeks..

Hey Buddy, Had to weed out one of my feminised Big Buds for being male..... Just as well we don't have to suffer the same treatment...! keep an eye out after a couple of weeks..

Wow thats a odd one! You think they put it in there by accident or somethin? I put mine on 12/12 there last night but I didnt black out the window fully so they got around 6 hours of darkness but already are starting to flower which is nice. Here are a couple of (bad) pictures...I must learn how to focus! I will keep an eye on that happening tho-

PICT02871.JPG

PICT0288.JPG

PICT02891.JPG

How are they coming along? have you any pics up?

Yours looking good Buddy...

I've had a major rethink on what's happening here.. and swapped the huge greenhouse plants into the grow tent for flowering, they will get too big by October... really don't need 10 ft plants in the greenhouse...

tent25.jpg

They have only been in there for a few days...

I've lately come to the conclusion that LED lights are shite by the way... I'm giving them one more go with Autos .. then they are in the bin... You cant see it very well but the front (original plants) have somewhat burned leaves... Im pretty sure its due to the LEDS... I have noticed (improved) newer models on sale...they have altered something.

I've had two male plants from feminised seeds now (over the last 9 months).. I think the feminising only gives about 85% certainty so best to keep a check.. they are easy to spot.. but quite annoying...

you got to be on your guard for males pretending to be females they can cause a lot of bother and be a bit embarrassing if it's your mates who spot them 1st lol.iv heard of hermi plants but never tranny seeds :;):

hey buddy you turning that full room into a grow area? :peace:

Hey Pac-mon I'm sure gonna give it a try. I got rid of the tent for now because I was running out of space. Im just going to stick some mylar on the walls in a couple of weeks. You cant see it but the entire room is full of old furniture.The house I moved into had a lot of it and I had to put it somewhere as I dont see the need to have furniture you aint using. so once I have the landlord on my side Ill ask him if there is somewhere else I can put this unwanted stuff so I can expand the operation.It is useful for hiding the operation tho-

Yours looking good Buddy...

I've had a major rethink on what's happening here.. and swapped the huge greenhouse plants into the grow tent for flowering, they will get too big by October... really don't need 10 ft plants in the greenhouse...

tent25.jpg

They have only been in there for a few days...

I've lately come to the conclusion that LED lights are shite by the way... I'm giving them one more go with Autos .. then they are in the bin... You cant see it very well but the front (original plants) have somewhat burned leaves... Im pretty sure its due to the LEDS... I have noticed (improved) newer models on sale...they have altered something.

I've had two male plants from feminised seeds now (over the last 9 months).. I think the feminising only gives about 85% certainty so best to keep a check.. they are easy to spot.. but quite annoying...

Id say LED's are not to be relied on as the only source of lighting but more like a salad dressing with lighting. If I use one it will be with a MH and CFL's so I wont be relying completely on them that is until they have improved on em. Don't bin the thing just use it like that.It has to benefit the plant somehow?

I've one thing to ask you guys in regards to 12/12 lighting. Does it have to be absolutely dark or can there be a small bit of light? Reason is I was trying to figure out if the dark period would be best at night time so it will be dark but if I have it at day time , it's cheaper and the room will be warmer.....Any idears?

i think it should be dark as in totally black buddy I think any light during lights out hours can screw things up I'm not 100% sure but think it can cos hermis and general stress. I got seeds on a plant once and blamed it on me forgetting to close the door at night (on more than 1 occasion) it may or may not have been the case but seemed most likely at the time.would be quality having a whole room to grow man I keep swinging back n forth on a tent or sheeting I think a 1.2m square would do but then I start thinking what I could build for the same money.

nice looking grow red how many you got in there :peace:

i think it should be dark as in totally black buddy I think any light during lights out hours can screw things up I'm not 100% sure but think it can cos hermis and general stress. I got seeds on a plant once and blamed it on me forgetting to close the door at night (on more than 1 occasion) it may or may not have been the case but seemed most likely at the time.would be quality having a whole room to grow man I keep swinging back n forth on a tent or sheeting I think a 1.2m square would do but then I start thinking what I could build for the same money.

nice looking grow red how many you got in there :peace:

Yeah thats what I was thinking. The only light in there now is a red light coming from an extension chord so Ill put some duck tape on that or just plug the things out. Nice one man, thank you !!

Yeh.. Pitch dark is the only way Buddy, I'm reliably informed even pinholes can upset things... although they must get full moons in the wild!

Mine are a bit deceptive Pac-Mon.. three at the back and two at the front.. although the back ones have been vegging in the greenhouse for a long time... You must have a few new snaps for your journal soon?

Back
Top Bottom