hey everyone, im back! (second grow, this time indoors, need some tips)

dogno

hello everyone :) sorry for not being active on these forums but i had a lot to do(school etc); hopefully in the future i'll have more time(and maybe i'll make a grow journal too).

a bit of info on myself: i'm 18 and from italy; i grew last year outdoors because indoor growing looked really complicated (it still does btw lol) but this year im growing indoors for many reasons (mold getting out of hand during harvest time, better quality, less pest problems etc).

on the legal side, i wanted to assure everyone because im gonna be getting a prescription soon this summer (we actually have those in italy since february 2013, but they are fairly hard to get because doctors are still ignorant on the subject)

so even though this is not a completely "regular" grow its still much closer to being legal than last year's grow, so thats definitely a plus (and indoors should be stealthy if set up correctly right?).

(for those wondering, there are no dispensaries in italy so you still have to grow your own)

Ok lets get to the point. first of all i need to decide where to actually grow, and thats not easy. this year my aim is to make RSO so i need a decent yield too;
i have 3 options:

-a bathroom in the basement, would that be good? the window looks like this:
P290414_15_36.jpg

i could turn the entire bathroom into a growing room (it aint that big anyway), and it has a lot of vertical space so the plants can grow big but i'd have to put reflective material on the walls. well its not a big deal but i guess it has a cost.

the second option is this little plastic house:
P290414_15_59.jpg

but im afraid of the humidity in the last weeks of flowering...

the third option is a grow tent in the basement, though im fairly clueless about how those work(also much less vertical space).

Grow lights: i'd definitely go for LEDs, since electricity costs are very high in italy(if i had to guess they are 4x what they are in the US, but they are probably even higher). Leds also because yield and potency is important to me so i'd not go with CFL(but if you feel like i'd be better off with CFLs tell me).
not exactly sure which lights i should get, feel free to tell me but remember im in italy so i dont have access to all kind of lights(there are grow shops that sell led lights but im not sure about the quality)

my budget: im not poor but im not rich either, so costs are important (but not absolute #1 priority, id rather have a good product.)

then the hard part: i have no idea how to set up the grow room(mainly because of my poor english skills when it comes to specific air flow term and whatnot. if you know an easy tutorial feel free to link). i know i need reflective material and air circulation but im not exactly sure how to set those up; i guess i also need a light trap to prevent stress.

growing medium will be soil (biobizz soil and nutes) but if you think you have a better choice feel free to tell me.

this thread is a WIP, i will be adding things, but feel free to start telling me all you think i should know because this won't be easy! but im sure i'll be able to do this with your support guys :)

As for reflective material Mylar is the best, you want some nutrients unless your growing organic then there are teas you can brew. Yea with heat and electricity being a problem LEDs are the best in America california light works make good units 3 year warranty. If you choose the plastic house with the humidity problems get fans to cool it. Option number one is good and 3 is also a go

As for reflective material Mylar is the best, you want some nutrients unless your growing organic then there are teas you can brew. Yea with heat and electricity being a problem LEDs are the best in America california light works make good units 3 year warranty. If you choose the plastic house with the humidity problems get fans to cool it. Option number one is good and 3 is also a go
hey thanks for the reply, but im afraid the window (in italian they're called "bocche di lupo", they are basically basement window wells) is not good for air circulation, and also it can rain on it... do you have an idea on how to fix these problems? otherwise im gonna stick to outdoor.
if the air goes directly towards it it won't go up(not all of it anyway), or even worse it could go back inside the tent(or the bathroom)?

:ciao: dogno!

You should consider starting a grow journal. It's really easy and you will have the benefit of members subscribing and helping you along the way with your questions.
Here's how to do it:

How to Make a Grow Journal

It's early in the game for your current grow, so it wouldn't take much to start a journal with what you have already posted. Just repost to the new journal.
Have fun and good luck!
:thumb:

yea i would make it but im not 100% sure if i will be growing(because my house is not exactly suitable for an indoor grow), plus my picture quality sucks, but if i end up growing i will :)

How's the tent like the whole situation? Does it flood when it rains for the basement? The outdoor house looks good what's the pros and cons.

hello everyone :) sorry for not being active on these forums but i had a lot to do(school etc); hopefully in the future i'll have more time(and maybe i'll make a grow journal too).

a bit of info on myself: i'm 18 and from italy; i grew last year outdoors because indoor growing looked really complicated (it still does btw lol) but this year im growing indoors for many reasons (mold getting out of hand during harvest time, better quality, less pest problems etc).

on the legal side, i wanted to assure everyone because im gonna be getting a prescription soon this summer (we actually have those in italy since february 2013, but they are fairly hard to get because doctors are still ignorant on the subject)

so even though this is not a completely "regular" grow its still much closer to being legal than last year's grow, so thats definitely a plus (and indoors should be stealthy if set up correctly right?).

(for those wondering, there are no dispensaries in italy so you still have to grow your own)

Ok lets get to the point. first of all i need to decide where to actually grow, and thats not easy. this year my aim is to make RSO so i need a decent yield too;
i have 3 options:

-a bathroom in the basement, would that be good? the window looks like this:
P290414_15_36.jpg

i could turn the entire bathroom into a growing room (it aint that big anyway), and it has a lot of vertical space so the plants can grow big but i'd have to put reflective material on the walls. well its not a big deal but i guess it has a cost.

the second option is this little plastic house:
P290414_15_59.jpg

but im afraid of the humidity in the last weeks of flowering...

the third option is a grow tent in the basement, though im fairly clueless about how those work(also much less vertical space).

Grow lights: i'd definitely go for LEDs, since electricity costs are very high in italy(if i had to guess they are 4x what they are in the US, but they are probably even higher). Leds also because yield and potency is important to me so i'd not go with CFL(but if you feel like i'd be better off with CFLs tell me).
not exactly sure which lights i should get, feel free to tell me but remember im in italy so i dont have access to all kind of lights(there are grow shops that sell led lights but im not sure about the quality)

my budget: im not poor but im not rich either, so costs are important (but not absolute #1 priority, id rather have a good product.)

then the hard part: i have no idea how to set up the grow room(mainly because of my poor english skills when it comes to specific air flow term and whatnot. if you know an easy tutorial feel free to link). i know i need reflective material and air circulation but im not exactly sure how to set those up; i guess i also need a light trap to prevent stress.

growing medium will be soil (biobizz soil and nutes) but if you think you have a better choice feel free to tell me.

this thread is a WIP, i will be adding things, but feel free to start telling me all you think i should know because this won't be easy! but im sure i'll be able to do this with your support guys :)
girando a casaccio nel forum e chi mi trovo? il mio amico dogno ti auguro una fantastica stagione ( quest anno non ti creo casini primo e ultimo mio post nel tuo thread) ciao amico e in bocca alla bocca di lupo(BATTUTACCIA)

ti

Back
Top Bottom