Hey Everyone!

I'm laughing because I always freak out at this stage since I expect them to go faster. They never do BUT I expect them to. Just wait until you get to the early flower 'holy crap why are my buds so small?' freak out and depression. It usually happens 4 days before flower stretch for me.

Your babies look perfect and congrats on going legal! Welcome to forums :tommy:
Lol Thanks I was like why is he laughing omg they must look horrible lol but yep that’s exactly what I’m doing and then I check on them every hr like they’re going to go legs or instantly die idk lol Thanks I appreciate the comment and knowing I’m definitely not alone being a worry wart ;):green_heart:

I’m a beginner from SW Va where it’s just been legalized I have 4 plants going a Super Lemon Haze Auto and 3 Chocodope I’m at 8 days since germinating I have the SLH in a 3 gallon fabric pot the the Choco’s are still in solo cups but I’ve got 7 gallon fabric for them they’re in ffhp and I’m just here wanting to learn everything I can so I don’t screw up to bad at least lol I’ve been reading up on everything I can think of i currently got them outside till I can get a tent and all that thanks for letting me join the forum I’m super stoked for my first growing journey
Welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
We have great sponsors for all your equipment needs.
Bill

Are you going to use Happy Frog or Ocean Forrest when you up-pot ? Happy is better for starting seeds & clones but Ocean is better once you transplant. Once you transplant you don't really have to add nutes for a couple more weeks because you just gave it fresh soil with nutes in it. It wont hurt to add them either. Just watch for excessive leaf tip burn or really dark green leaves when you start adding nutes. If you get either one, back off the nutes some.

Are you going to use Happy Frog or Ocean Forrest when you up-pot ? Happy is better for starting seeds & clones but Ocean is better once you transplant. Once you transplant you don't really have to add nutes for a couple more weeks because you just gave it fresh soil with nutes in it. It wont hurt to add them either. Just watch for excessive leaf tip burn or really dark green leaves when you start adding nutes. If you get either one, back off the nutes some.
I had thought about changing to OF once the put the 3 photos in their 7 gal forever homes and as for the nutes i wasnt to sure on could you tell me when I should start feeding them the big bloom the guy at the hydroponic store told me now but I had someone else say 14 days any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated just trying not to screw them up my brain has been on over load with all the reading I’ve done online and the how to grow Ed Rosenthal book lol one my question if you don’t mind I’d like to do lst when would be a good time to start everything I’ve read said when they got about 4or5 nodes is that right or do I wait longer

I had thought about changing to OF once the put the 3 photos in their 7 gal forever homes and as for the nutes i wasnt to sure on could you tell me when I should start feeding them the big bloom the guy at the hydroponic store told me now but I had someone else say 14 days any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated just trying not to screw them up my brain has been on over load with all the reading I’ve done online and the how to grow Ed Rosenthal book lol one my question if you don’t mind I’d like to do lst when would be a good time to start everything I’ve read said when they got about 4or5 nodes is that right or do I wait longer
Hey @Heav77 hope your having a good day.
I wouldn't start the big bloom until I see pistols.
I usually don't start Lst until they are in final pot and growing well.
But I've seen members start lst on little ladies with good results.
Just don't go overboard right away imo.
Bill

I agree with Bill on the nutes. I've tried LST at several stages of the plants life. I think if you start too early it slows the growth down. If you wait till the center branch gets 6-7 nodes & then top between the 4th & 5th node you have a perfect clone 1st of all. I usually cut the bottom 2 nodes off completely. Once the branches grow out to the 3rd node (from where you topped) I top the 4 remaining branches. That will give you 8 main branches to LST. Then you get something like this. (These were 5 gallon pots) 3 gallon will be smaller of course.
6-403.JPG
6-387.JPG

I agree with Bill on the nutes. I've tried LST at several stages of the plants life. I think if you start too early it slows the growth down. If you wait till the center branch gets 6-7 nodes & then top between the 4th & 5th node you have a perfect clone 1st of all. I usually cut the bottom 2 nodes off completely. Once the branches grow out to the 3rd node (from where you topped) I top the 4 remaining branches. That will give you 8 main branches to LST. Then you get something like this. (These were 5 gallon pots) 3 gallon will be smaller of course.
6-403.JPG
6-387.JPG
Awesome Thank you so much your girls are absolutely beautiful by the way

You think the 7 gal fabric pots will be good for my 3 photos
If you are growing outside 7 gal. is the minimum I would go. Most go with 10 - 15 for a porch grow & even larger if out in the yard.
Indoors, it depends on your tent / room size & your light coverage area.

If you are growing outside 7 gal. is the minimum I would go. Most go with 10 - 15 for a porch grow & even larger if out in the yard.
Indoors, it depends on your tent / room size & your light coverage area.
I’ll be having them outside till the weather starts to get cool so I’m guessing around oct I plan on getting a tent set up for indoors for then

I’ll be having them outside till the weather starts to get cool so I’m guessing around oct I plan on getting a tent set up for indoors for then
Not sure where you're located; but in the U.S. you should be flowering by then. May as well finish the grow outdoors if possible. Should be able to harvest by end of Nov.
I'm not a fan of taking outdoor plants into my grow tent. Afraid of bringing in bugs. I've been lucky so far. Had a cricket or 2, a few flies & a gnat problem once. But nothing serious like mites.

Not sure where you're located; but in the U.S. you should be flowering by then. May as well finish the grow outdoors if possible. Should be able to harvest by end of Nov.
I'm not a fan of taking outdoor plants into my grow tent. Afraid of bringing in bugs. I've been lucky so far. Had a cricket or 2, a few flies & a gnat problem once. But nothing serious like mites.
I’m in SW Virginia we just became legal 7/1 and I started them on like the 9th I figured my auto would be done but not my 3 photos I actually didn’t realize I planted the photos I read the pack wrong lol I thought they was all autos

I’m in SW Virginia we just became legal 7/1 and I started them on like the 9th I figured my auto would be done but not my 3 photos I actually didn’t realize I planted the photos I read the pack wrong lol I thought they was all autos
As the days get shorter (Fall) the photo's will start flowering.

That mountain-ess area going up into Roanoke is beautiful.

Welcome Aboard @Heav77

I see you have a couple fine looking ladies started; will you be doing a grow journal? Here's the link.
Journals in Progress

Also, after you have 50 posts you can enter some of our contest to win free grow stuff. Here's the link.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
Thank you I’m really trying to do everything right being a beginner I haven’t really looked into doing a journal but I’d definitely be interested I’ll check it out

Back
Top Bottom