Hey stoners

jackmove

hey people glad to be here as i finally get chance to blab about my practices as talking to anyone apart from mr A.nonymous goes against my privacy and security mandate ha....im on the 4th grow consisting of one 3wk old blueberry,so far so good but ive had my fair share of problems .first lot from cuttings died thru pesky pesticides(silver mite),it was 3 cheeses in five gallon pots ,was expecting five 6 off each.WASNT HAPPY! second attempt again 3 five gallons pots of white widow and amnesia haze. sounds like a crazy smoke but personally i dont trust x seeds.,without going into the symptoms they died after complications arising from ph implance 4wks into veg (see gallery pics of second batch) 3rd batch again 3 five gal pots of ak x northen lights, i didnt formulate my suspicions on seeds until this second use of them on this third batch but out of 5 seeds only 3 took off and ended up suffering from sum shit-anyhoo thru extensive research learned it to be cal or mag def so topped up food with a dose of epson salts it worked a treat but 2 died..(bought cal/mag ph meter on this 3rd 1)So one left which was topped,cropped fimmed and bent.the only thing a dint do was super crop it which i did do on the first lot and they were absolutely huge and as it was my fist attempt i was proud of my babies but then equally devasted when it came to the funeral.Anyhoo back to the 3rd batch- i was expecting six 7 ounces a pot of lush sweet maryjane but ended up with 6 oz of lady gaga,lights went out couple time in flower for upto an our so think the drop in temp stressed it out toooo much........smells just ok smokes not too ok but tasting better as i cure it.No Buzz, funny thing is theres no seeds and everything is there except the buzz,supporting pics to follow hopefully..A quick run thru my setup

600w hps
6x4ft area
carbon scrub
couple fans
quite a crud but very effective setup(if i can-pics in my gallery)
like i said im on my 4th round at only three wks so not much to report athough i received it as a cutting with all of 4,5 stems are red and thin...my guess is it was taken from a flowering-flowered plant(which could explain its slow but steadily consistent growth but with a fruity fragrances)and suffered from lack of nitrogen at sum point but ive cracked the stems over and a knot is developing at the crack site and stems seem to be thickening.fingers x everything should be fine but im guna use every trick in the book to get atleast six oz off this plant....

hiya and welcome
looks like you dont need my advise so i will just give my support
take care and good luck

hiya and welcome
looks like you dont need my advise so i will just give my support
take care and good luck
thanks for the welcome mate,and im always welcome to advice its all still a learning process. A wiseman once said " he who thinks he knows everything knows nothing" im always learning and right now i had a little do with incorrect ph.....since losing a pot due to fluctuating ph its been a slight concern on future projects..i now have a testtube and dye ph kit which is pretty good as opposed to the two pronged 3 in one gauge which may need calibrating.i noticed some rust spots on a few leaves(boron def)so flushed with ph water (6.5 yellow) but the run off was (pale red 5.5), Q1 (is that what the plant is drinking)? ive always watered at 6.5 yellow but rarely check runoff.. so i adj. ph to 7.0 greeny /blue assuming the run will be more towards 6.5 yellow.
it turned out pale brown with a hint of yellow( a think) heres two more questions ,
(2) if i enter at 7.5 will i exit at 6.5
(3) how do u guys deal with ph
(4) how do u calibrate them 2 pronged 3(ph,light,water) in one test kits
cheers

Hi Jack,

I'm no expert, but I've found no deficiencies in any of my grows and I've never had a plant or seedling die (knock on wood). I am also on my 4th grow. The key for me was having a mentor help me build a soil that will carry a plant through it's life cycle. I later found out that it's common knowledge and the simpler the better. Here's what my flower soil consists of. Warning, this is a hot mix and I always test it with the runt of the litter. If it shown signs of nute burn I'll cut my soil with seed starter mix.

2.5 cu ft Organic bag soil
1 cu ft Worm Castings
1/4 cu ft perlite
1 cup per cu ft each of Dolomite Lime, Bone Meal, Alfalfa Meal and Azomite
2 cups per cu ft Kelp Meal

For germinating seeds and transplanting rooted cuttings, I use an Organic bag "seed starter" mix. (Not sure if naming brands is ok)

Hope this helps
JJ

I use a soil meter and for watering I use a digital PH meter. I calibrate it every 4th watering. My soil maintains at 6.8 to 7.0. I PH my water after adding ferts to 6.2 to 6.5. The Dolomite lime keeps the PH of the soil in check.

I'm a newbie too, so hopefully you'll get a more experienced Opinion.

JJ

Back
Top Bottom