Hi everybody

Ofis

Just a quick hello. Really like this site, so figured I'd join yas all. Been lurkin for many years. Thanks for the knowledge. Been reading at the growsites since 2004. RIP to the fallen. Don't grow yet but got some beans. lol. Anyways, glad to be a part of the community and hope to contribute somehow.

:420: wants to :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: our new friend Ofis. :cheer:

It is good to see you here Ofis. I have a few links that might help you find something that is of interest to you.

For growing this is a good link How to Grow Marijuana

And photos are always nice for a journal Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
Note from Cannafan: the most common problem on uploading photos is the user not completing all of the steps involved. Be absolutely sure to get that final "process" pics page completed.

Speaking of journals How to Make a Grow Journal

For medical issues we have this MEDICAL MARIJUANA

For legal and activist things 420 LEGAL ACTION

And a FAQ to help with general things Frequently Asked Questions

If you have any questions feel free to ask as we have a lot of wonderful people with a lot of knowledge that are willing to help.

Thanks CO Finest, Cannafan, ColoradoKid and Billyjack. Good to be a member.

Wow ColoradoKid, thanks for pointing me in the right directions. Very cool of ya. Those links will definitely help out when the time comes. I've just been too paranoid to start growing yet.

In January of this year my backward state actually introduced a House Bill to legalize possession and growing small amounts, a 2nd bill to allow MMJ and a 3rd to decriminalize small amounts. And a couple other bills not as good, but what the hell, better than nothing I guess. Then there are some initiatives approved for signature gathering to get different measures to legalize on the ballot in November, if we can get enough signatures this time. Couldn't get enough signatures in 2012 though. So things are looking good. YES!!!!!

I started getting some things together back in 2011 when I found out about that petition figuring we'd legalize in 2012. But noooooo, not enough signatures to get it on the ballot. Even became a petitioner and got signatures myself to help out the cause. Can't find out any info on the petitions this time around though. And the signatures need to be collected by May 4th, so that don't look like it's gonna happen at all.

Sorry for writing this book in my intro. Guess this info doesn't really belong here. Just really hopeful that things will be different this time around. If not, I say F it, I'm doin it anyway.

Talk to yas later.

EDIT:

Did some more searches and just found out the petitions to gather sigs are being put off until 2016. How depressing. That info is from a couple weeks ago, but I never saw that mentioned at the website. Guess I missed it.

Hey Ofis,
I am sorry to hear things fell to the wayside for your state....but now at least you know the ball is being passed around instead of permanently deflated. It will take more petitions and people need to keep the intensity up.
If you want to see what else you can do or read what other activists are doing, here's a good thread for reading or asking questions:

420 LEGAL ACTION

Also, our news team on 420 magazine does a great job of keeping up with news by state and around the world on the Cannabis laws etc. Check them out and you can do a search for news on your own state too:

International Cannabis News

Medical Marijuana News

Hope these help some and keep the faith...the times they are a changing and sometimes it just takes a little more time and effort. :thumb:

And....+reps to you for your efforts to get these ridiculous laws changed! :high-five:

Thanks CO Finest, Cannafan, ColoradoKid and Billyjack. Good to be a member.

Wow ColoradoKid, thanks for pointing me in the right directions. Very cool of ya. Those links will definitely help out when the time comes. I've just been too paranoid to start growing yet.

In January of this year my backward state actually introduced a House Bill to legalize possession and growing small amounts, a 2nd bill to allow MMJ and a 3rd to decriminalize small amounts. And a couple other bills not as good, but what the hell, better than nothing I guess. Then there are some initiatives approved for signature gathering to get different measures to legalize on the ballot in November, if we can get enough signatures this time. Couldn't get enough signatures in 2012 though. So things are looking good. YES!!!!!

I started getting some things together back in 2011 when I found out about that petition figuring we'd legalize in 2012. But noooooo, not enough signatures to get it on the ballot. Even became a petitioner and got signatures myself to help out the cause. Can't find out any info on the petitions this time around though. And the signatures need to be collected by May 4th, so that don't look like it's gonna happen at all.

Sorry for writing this book in my intro. Guess this info doesn't really belong here. Just really hopeful that things will be different this time around. If not, I say F it, I'm doin it anyway.

Talk to yas later.

EDIT:

Did some more searches and just found out the petitions to gather sigs are being put off until 2016. How depressing. That info is from a couple weeks ago, but I never saw that mentioned at the website. Guess I missed it.

Ofis my friend, thank you for working the streets for legalization. My wife and I did that here in Colorado also. It is definitely better to have some modest laws rather than no pro-cannabis laws at all. We finally passed medical in 2000 after previous failures. 12 years and more failures later we finally passed full legalization. It will happen. I honestly thought way back in the 60s that national legalization would happen in 10 years or less. I am very blessed to be living in a legal state. Lots of folks do stealth grows. The big thing is "TELL NO ONE". A member named uptheholler has a blog that has some of the best information on outdoor stealth growing that you can find. It is a long but very worthwhile read though. What a Long Strange Trip it's Been! - Blogs - 420 Magazine ® is the link. Growing your own is hands down the absolute best cannabis. There are a lot of fantastic people on this forum that are very helpful and friendly. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom