Hi from SE FL 2x2 tent newbie

Yes, the light is as high as possible, so I will have to be careful if they get say 10 inches away?

IMG_0749.jpg
@Bill284 is an excellent source of information, so if you get a chat going on you can learn a lot.

My observation is that it appears you have a 100w light with modern Samsung diodes. I have a similar product in the @ViparSpectra brand with the XS 1000. I also have their XS 1500, a 150w light.

I experiment with how close I can get my lights from time to time, and learned a few things.
  • Manufacturers guidelines are just that, guidelines.
  • Minimum canopy-to-light distance is strain dependent.
  • Proper temperatures, humidity and nutes can allow you to go closer.
  • Per above, I stress ventilation of your grow space and promoting air circulation within it -- that helps prevent hot spots.
For your current grow, your blower issue is a concern. You've mentioned problems with customer service, I'd try contacting the @VIVOSUN rep here. Sponsor reps are great on this site.

Also, just looking at the flower, it looks like the stretch is over and you won't have to worry too much more about lamp height. I don't think 10" is going to hurt you. You might go closer, but you will have to get the ventilation fixed.

As @Silverfox125 pointed out, the plant will tell you when you are too close.

For future grows, you'll learn here that most of us with your kind of space do a lot of training. It keeps the overall height down, while we also train to keep as much bud as possible in the sweet spot of lower-wattage lights.

That is one reason I suggested going over to The Micro Place. There is a fellow over there right now who demonstrated how he trains branches and tips with fishing weights. Thought you might have that kind of equipment around. So if your plant does stretch more and it worries you ... hey, it might work. Go take a look.

Also, I'd run those lights at the highest output possible. They are a little underpowered for the height of plant you have.

Hope this helps.
:passitleft:

MGM

@Bill284 is an excellent source of information, so if you get a chat going on you can learn a lot.

My observation is that it appears you have a 100w light with modern Samsung diodes. I have a similar product in the @ViparSpectra brand with the XS 1000. I also have their XS 1500, a 150w light.

I experiment with how close I can get my lights from time to time, and learned a few things.
  • Manufacturers guidelines are just that, guidelines.
  • Minimum canopy-to-light distance is strain dependent.
  • Proper temperatures, humidity and nutes can allow you to go closer.
  • Per above, I stress ventilation of your grow space and promoting air circulation within it -- that helps prevent hot spots.
For your current grow, your blower issue is a concern. You've mentioned problems with customer service, I'd try contacting the @VIVOSUN rep here. Sponsor reps are great on this site.

Also, just looking at the flower, it looks like the stretch is over and you won't have to worry too much more about lamp height. I don't think 10" is going to hurt you. You might go closer, but you will have to get the ventilation fixed.

As @Silverfox125 pointed out, the plant will tell you when you are too close.

For future grows, you'll learn here that most of us with your kind of space do a lot of training. It keeps the overall height down, while we also train to keep as much bud as possible in the sweet spot of lower-wattage lights.

That is one reason I suggested going over to The Micro Place. There is a fellow over there right now who demonstrated how he trains branches and tips with fishing weights. Thought you might have that kind of equipment around. So if your plant does stretch more and it worries you ... hey, it might work. Go take a look.

Also, I'd run those lights at the highest output possible. They are a little underpowered for the height of plant you have.

Hope this helps.

MGM
Wow, MGM, thanks for the valuable insight. I am going to the micro place and also start a grow journal soon.

BEES.jpg

Outbound.jpg

Wow, MGM, thanks for the valuable insight. I am going to the micro place and also start a grow journal soon.

BEES.jpg

Outbound.jpg
We'll see you there!

MGM

Back
Top Bottom