Hi has anyone used these lights before?

nice looking stuff.....
expensve
You get what you pay for tho, I have a 32 cob build and it was probably close to 4 grand building it myself but I have 1 cob per square foot and only run them at about half throttle. I don't have to worrying replacing bulbs every grow, pull off more than most people I know in dirt with a 8x4 and it didn't up my electrical bill more than about 20 bucks a month, and there's about a 8f difference between the ambient room temp so not as much access heat to worry about equals mpre savings in the long run.

. You can check out the grow in my signature if you're unsure these things are worth it.

The chep lights actually work pretty good. I have two cheap lights and one kind of cheap light in my 4x4 and the plants are living the light.

Two months in veg.
20180121_111703.jpg

I looked at them but for the price would do different. They look ok but I like the ones I said. He will custom build them too. I think he will do q boards also if you ask.

Based on which scientific parameters, and compared to what?

Most lights will grow plants, very few off the shelf lamps will fully saturate your space with light.

My observations are not based on any scientific parameters. The only thing I'm basing it on is what I see everyday. I'm still pretty new to indoor growing and this is only my second grow. My first grow was mostly under CFL lights. I had one 250 watt CFL and one 300 watt CFL. Towards the end of that grow, I got a couple LED lights. I only had about one week with them in the tent before harvest, so that really doesn't count for much. But the grow was decent and I got some nice bud. I don't remember exactly how much I got. But I think it was around 8 to 10 oz. The current grow that you see in the picture I posted has been under nothing but LED lights. It's only been in veg for 2 months, but it's doing a lot better than the grow on CFL's. The node spacing is a lot tighter and the branches are thicker. So, to me this is a good grow that I am hoping to get a bigger harvest than the last one under CFL's.

All of my other grows have been outdoor. And at this point, I'm pretty sure no indoor lighting beats good old mother nature's sunlinght. But I am still going to try other lights as well. I think my next light will be an HPS. I don;t know if that will be better, but from what I have read here some people think so. I think it's worth giving it a try.

My observations are not based on any scientific parameters. The only thing I'm basing it on is what I see everyday. I'm still pretty new to indoor growing and this is only my second grow. My first grow was mostly under CFL lights. I had one 250 watt CFL and one 300 watt CFL. Towards the end of that grow, I got a couple LED lights. I only had about one week with them in the tent before harvest, so that really doesn't count for much. But the grow was decent and I got some nice bud. I don't remember exactly how much I got. But I think it was around 8 to 10 oz. The current grow that you see in the picture I posted has been under nothing but LED lights. It's only been in veg for 2 months, but it's doing a lot better than the grow on CFL's. The node spacing is a lot tighter and the branches are thicker. So, to me this is a good grow that I am hoping to get a bigger harvest than the last one under CFL's.

All of my other grows have been outdoor. And at this point, I'm pretty sure no indoor lighting beats good old mother nature's sunlinght. But I am still going to try other lights as well. I think my next light will be an HPS. I don;t know if that will be better, but from what I have read here some people think so. I think it's worth giving it a try.

Thanks for taking your time to explain :passitleft:

This is exactly the perspective we need, and your comparison makes perfect sense, and is the kind of ''review'' people need to make a decision when buying lights ;)
Basically anything is better than CFL, but I'm sure you could have gotten a better bang for your buck with HID, and when the bulb is tired you just buy a new, not so easy to deal with diodes getting dim or burning out.

I'll keep saying this again and again (until LED companies get their collective heads outta their asses): Build a DIY LED light or get HID :)

The sun can be ''out-shined'' with indoor lighting, but the price of sunlight is hard to beat ;)

Back
Top Bottom