Hi I'm new to growing and just started week 1 flower

Pistil

420 Member
So I started a grow I have 11 plants it's a mess lol there is 10 in 3 gallon pots and 1 in a solo cup. And in one 3 gallon pot there is 2 plants I know what was I thinking they are my twins I started all from seed I femenise them the old way by looking at the seed. And all are female so I did that right my set up is worth about 500$ or so the light are not the best they are blurple but what can I say I went from watching one video know how to grow to poping my first 6 seeds 3 days after germinating. I've gotten really into this learned alot but would love to learn more specially with issues and how to solve them also I think I'm doing pretty well I've read forums from here from back in 06 07 14 and so on alo of information alot of opinions I like it here

So I started a grow I have 11 plants it's a mess lol there is 10 in 3 gallon pots and 1 in a solo cup. And in one 3 gallon pot there is 2 plants I know what was I thinking they are my twins I started all from seed I femenise them the old way by looking at the seed. And all are female so I did that right my set up is worth about 500$ or so the light are not the best they are blurple but what can I say I went from watching one video know how to grow to poping my first 6 seeds 3 days after germinating. I've gotten really into this learned alot but would love to learn more specially with issues and how to solve them also I think I'm doing pretty well I've read forums from here from back in 06 07 14 and so on alo of information alot of opinions I like it here
I'm curious how you can pick feminized seeds the Old Fashioned Way by looking at them ? This is the 1st post in my 3 years of growing that I've ever heard such a thing. I don't think it's even possible; but I could be wrong. But if I am I'd like to know how to pick the Female seeds from the males.

I've heard talk in the past about the shape of the seed determining sex.
You have the pointed end of the seed and the pitted end that used to attach to the plant, if the pitted end is deep like a volcano shape, it could be female.
I thought this was an old wives tale that wasn't true.

It is fun to try and sex seeds but you will need to wait till flower to actually be 100% certain of sex.

It is more of an entertainment than science as you will find it is not very accurate.

I still do this with bag seeds but do not rely on the results. I use it to see if I am lucky or not. Kinda like rolling dice for fun.

Happy growing

Hi everyone I'm excited to chat lol.i love my medicine and now I'm growing my own. And yes I did the checking the ends I thought it might be true since I did have both kinds of seed. Well i Will say this they are all females well atleast the 6 first ones I've veg them for about 8 weeks the other 5 are 4 weeks veg. Again I'm mew to this and the seeds where given to me.the first 6 seeds where far smaller and premature but they seem to be growing fine the other seeds look nice and big dark in color. Again my fingers tickled after watching 1 video. Now I'm learning and plan on starting my second grow.

Love the mess I've created lol. Please roast me and teach me I know theres alot of plants for 1 tent. Should I just pull the plug on the smaller ones. This is about 1 week old or so again I will get updated pics they are all showing pistils now ayyyeee!!! Well atleast the more veged ones.

Attachments

• 20200326_172414.jpg
    20200326_172414.jpg
    980.4 KB · Views: 114
You guys I'm back after looking at the picture I just notice that last night that I saw them they were way bigger so I will get that picture

Set up
Ac infinity 6 inch
4x2 tent
2 philizon ugly blurple (because I dint know we were in 2020) using samsung white LEDs lol)
Carbon filter
3 fans inside to move air flow

Welcome Pistil to 420 magazine . Are you thinking about a journal ? Below on my post is a link for new members it will get you started . Also for those lights your talking about @Silverfox125 has a grow with them the sponsor @Budget LED check out .

Back
Top Bottom