Hi! I'm new

pixiedust

I am happy to be here and hope to learn a ton. I am older and need to learn how to navigate around here. I live in WA so it's legal here. I visited my first dispensary a couple months ago because my doctor said to experiment and see if I could find something that may take the edge off of some of my pain. I don't know much about anything and what may help me...or not.

Anyway, my nephew gave me 2 blue dream plants to try and grow. I want to grow them outside in pots inside a screened in patio. I've been looking around this forum a bit, but my immediate concern is getting these transplanted into bigger pots right away. What is the best type of pots to get quick? I have purchased 2 bags of organic soil from my local co-op and once I get these transplanted, I can spend some time reading up on how to take care of them. I think I read that I could transplant them into bigger pots right away? 3-5-10 gallon pots? Any immediate help would be appreciated.:thanks:

Have a big 420 welcome!! :)
Your in the right place for answers as this in amazing community of truly great growers all just trying to aid others!
As for immediate help try posting questions in the Frequently asked section. Sorry someone from the 420 team will be along shortly with links. Im on a phone so cant lol.
For pots just anything light proof and well draining. Also outside you want the biggest pot you can manage! (Within reason :) ) Then get some perlite to mix into the medium for better drainage and airing.
As said welcome and have fun. :)

Hi Pixiedust and welcome to :420: :welcome:

The size of the pots depends on the size of the plants you want to grow. 5 gallons is a good safe size unless you plan to grow some real monsters. Apparently the fabric pots (smartpots, hydrofarm) are supposed to be amazing. I am just about to order some for my next run! :)

Other than that, if you find you have questions the FAQs forum is a great place to get responses. And New Member Start Links should help you to find your way around.

Welcome! I look forward to following your grow journal on the Blue Dream. :)

:peace:

Thanks for the welcomes replies:blushsmile:. Now if I decide to use 1 gallon pots I have right now, am I supposed to clean them with something special first?

just ordered two 5 gallon smart pots...thanks again.

Thank you Harley. Do I need to clean my 1 gallon pots with anything before I plant? They are used.

Chortelsmurf-I will need to read up on females and males. I no nothing about it yet. Are blue dreams all girls?

Hey pixiedust, welcome to 420 magazine!!! There are tons of wonderful people here at 420 magazine that would love to help. I would suggest starting a grow journal, so you can track your progress, and gain good friends and help along the way :)

As far as your pot size...go as big as you can fit in your growing area. Especially if you plan on growing larger plants. I personally use 5 gallon pots which grow about 3-5' plants with supplemental nutrients. If you can go 10, I would go 10 :)

I know you mentioned that you need some help navigating the site. I usually post a message to all new members for that exact purpose. I hope you find 420 magazine your home, and best of luck to you on your blue dream grow! one of my favorite strains :)

So here is how you get started :)

Here are some useful links that will help you learn about growing, and how to get it right the first time :)
First rule of thumb is, do the research first, if you can't find the answer anywhere, then ask. I can almost gurantee that
The question has been asked before. There are tons of resources and kind and knowledgeable growers at 420 magazine
and I am sure you will find it a great home!

Make sure to check out the forum rules and guidelines. We have a great community here and I welcome you to check out..
Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting

Are you new to growing and don't know where to start, here is a link that will teach you everything you need to know :)
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

If you couldn't find what your looking for in the last link, you can find many of your answers by visiting The Grow Room.
THE GROW ROOM

Do you have sick plants that need answers, check out our Problems, Pest's and Disease control forum at
Problems, Pests & Disease Control

Another great way to get started in your new membership is by starting a grow journal. This allows you to document your grow, add photo's
and share your experience with all of us!! Remember to be detailed, so if you run into problems we can help you fix them and have a successful
grow :)
How to Make a Grow Journal
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Are you looking to purchase new growing equipment, nutrients, growing or smoking accessories, check out our sponsors!
As a member you can take advantage of specials that are run time to time :)
Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

Well I hope you enjoy exploring our wonderful community and feel free to make yourself home :)

By the way, don't forget to check out the monthly contests where you can vote, enter, and win prizes!
420 Contests

pixiedust, I vote for smartpots also. :welcome: to :420:. We are glad that you are here. I really want to grow some Blue Dream. I am not sure if the seeds are as good as the clones though. We have a lot of members from Washington state here. Start a journal so we can watch your grow progress and help you if you have problems. Look around and have fun. Have a great week. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom