Highest yielding & strongest autos

datfatboi

i've always used autos from royal queen, however i've never yielded more than 50 grams dry. where as with their fem's i yielded about 350g dry

their auto's overall seem to yield little.

are XXL auto's actually XXL or is it a gimmik?

what are the highest yielding auto strains?

Hey @datfatboi ,

I'm still learning to grow but it's been my experience that autos don't yield nearly the quantity that photos do (grown in a tent by a novice grower). I know I'm doing something wrong but I'm not ready to give up yet. I don't, as a rule, purchase autos but rather get them as freebies. So I don't think it a breeder thing either.

Quality has never been an issue - good quality smoke.

I hope others chime-in as I'd like to know also. Seems like a trade-off between quantity and short grow cycle.

Helps?.

:passitleft:

Hey @datfatboi ,

I'm still learning to grow but it's been my experience that autos don't yield nearly the quantity that photos do (grown in a tent by a novice grower). I know I'm doing something wrong but I'm not ready to give up yet. I don't, as a rule, purchase autos but rather get them as freebies. So I don't think it a breeder thing either.

Quality has never been an issue - good quality smoke.

I hope others chime-in as I'd like to know also. Seems like a trade-off between quantity and short grow cycle.

Helps?.

:passitleft:
autos are more practical outdoors for early harvest.

I get my auto and photo seeds at Canuk seeds and never had a problem with small yields, I get anywhere from 4-6 oz per plant. I got 6 oz from Canuk auto Zkittlez.

20201018_091526.jpg

I’m getting about 2 ounces dry off my autos but I made a lot of mistakes,I am starting a new grow right now with autos from 2 different companies So far all 6 germinated fixing to move to my tents and start a journal maybe.

i've always used autos from royal queen, however i've never yielded more than 50 grams dry. where as with their fem's i yielded about 350g dry

their auto's overall seem to yield little.

are XXL auto's actually XXL or is it a gimmik?

what are the highest yielding auto strains?

Got a pound + on super auto super stinky by short stuff
start in ground, in may , flowers in july & done sept.

pot size?

dry or wet weight?

where did you buy the seed?

soil?

thanks
in the ground
over pound dry , took down in 3 sessions about 22 oz
thru a friend from true north
in the ground added compost, bone meal & blood meal.. bit of bud boom in bloom

this is the one that grew last year from the seed the first one dropped . think it would have been bigger than the first, but we'll never know

can you tell me more about your growing please? I grow everything in DWC and I do not always get 6 oz from a plant. I am halfway thru 23 different strains and I am looking for decent yielders then I will start a rotation of the best 12 strains, 4 at a time. Anything less than 4 oz, I give the seeds to friends and start another strain. 80% of my seeds come from Canuk seeds (a sponsor here). BTW the weights that any breeder shows as yield are grown in the perfect setting, not in a closet or tent and this can get very expensive to try to duplicate. Many great yields to you and stay safe in these crazy times.

in the ground
over pound dry , took down in 3 sessions about 22 oz
thru a friend from true north
in the ground added compost, bone meal & blood meal.. bit of bud boom in bloom

this is the one that grew last year from the seed the first one dropped . think it would have been bigger than the first, but we'll never know

it didn't seem that impressive on picture until you showed your arm, THAT STEM!

most i've grown outdoors is last year, about 300 grams dry from a special kush 1 in a 5 gal pot, last year was the first ever proper harvest i got that lasted me.

it didn't seem that impressive on picture until you showed your arm, THAT STEM!

most i've grown outdoors is last year, about 300 grams dry from a special kush 1 in a 5 gal pot, last year was the first ever proper harvest i got that lasted me.
this was the stem & root from the first one
both pics were taken in Aug . so they had some more growing to do
I think they could get even bigger if in full sun all day. Fence blocked the sun in the morning They only got full sun in the afternoon till dark

I didn't expect them to get so big & had to fight to keep them below the fence
topping & tying down
they won't get as big in a pot & like to have lots of dirt
The stem laying on a 2x4

IMG_1519.JPG

IMG_1965 (3).JPG

this was the stem & root from the first one
both pics were taken in Aug . so they had some more growing to do
I didn't expect them to get so big & had to fight to keep them below the fence
topping & tying down
they won't get as big in a pot & like to have lots of dirt
The stem laying on a 2x4

IMG_1519.JPG

IMG_1965 (3).JPG
honestly it looks like i could use that to kill someone lmao, i've had super dense roots, but never this THICK! my last grow was maybe 2/4 of yours

With Autos, the breeder is more important than with photos. If the breeder doesn't have good auto genetics to cross with the photoperiod plant, you get small/small yielding autos. Personally I've had my best results with Fastbuds and Dutch Passion. The Fastbuds Blue Dream'matic is one of the most consistent producers I have found. The Fastbuds Girl Scout Cookies produces some some fat, hard colas.

Blue Dream'matic

Blue Dream'matic back, 2 Girl Scout Cookies front,. 28.5oz dried on 3 plants.

I did autos a couple of times. I have only done a photoperiod one time. This time I am growing White Widow x Big Bud I am not impressed so far. My autos have always produced well and I have made some serious bad mistakes. So far I have grown Critical Kush Barneys farm I had t seeds 1 popped and I got 264 grams this one grew in the rent alone. The next grow was Girl Scout cookies from zamnesia (60g) Hijack from femseeds 2plants 75g each and a critical kush from Zamnesia 120g. That, was 4 plants in a tent with Mars Hydro SP3000. The next grow will be “Huckleberry” from royal queen seeds it is a Bruce Banner #3 auto.
(The photos are the current grow White Widow x Big Bud) 20 cm tall week 2 flower. This strain grows up to 80cm.

7EA94FF1-E249-4C51-92D0-EB0FBD5B302B.jpeg

CFEE0CDB-005B-4B53-B791-3051D9F816C5.jpeg

Autos are great for their purpose (off season outdoor grow) but I have never had the need to grow them.They will never be as good as the prototype they were bread from.There are three genome types.Sativa,Indica and Ruderalis. Ruderalis is a small, low yielding,low cannabinoids plant but source of the autoflower trait genetics. Like farside05 said breeder is everything when picking out just the autoflower genes in a plant.Every auto has ruderalis recessive genes at best. It is quick,cheap and easy to make a bad indica autoflower that performs too much like a ruderalis.

I
Autos are great for their purpose (off season outdoor grow) but I have never had the need to grow them.They will never be as good as the prototype they were bread from.There are three genome types.Sativa,Indica and Ruderalis. Ruderalis is a small, low yielding,low cannabinoids plant but source of the autoflower trait genetics. Like farside05 said breeder is everything when picking out just the autoflower genes in a plant.Every auto has ruderalis recessive genes at best. It is quick,cheap and easy to make a bad indica autoflower that performs too much like a ruderalis.
I have only grown Autos so I have no comparison but that is very interesting to me and I am looking forward to growing all the different ways and types of plants To include growing outdoors one day. Take care my friend

With Autos, the breeder is more important than with photos. If the breeder doesn't have good auto genetics to cross with the photoperiod plant, you get small/small yielding autos. Personally I've had my best results with Fastbuds and Dutch Passion. The Fastbuds Blue Dream'matic is one of the most consistent producers I have found. The Fastbuds Girl Scout Cookies produces some some fat, hard colas.

Blue Dream'matic

Blue Dream'matic back, 2 Girl Scout Cookies front,. 28.5oz dried on 3 plants.
Good looking plants. Getting ready to start my 4th grow with autos. Mine never get as tall as yours. I'd say they average 2-2.5' tall. I grow in FFOF, that I reuse and cook between grows, not sure correctly though. The last two grows I used Megacrop ( not 100% sold on it) for nutes. I grow in 5gal fabric pots. I'm under 6 COB lights pulling 420 watts and I supplement 2 ufo's during flower for another 180 watts. Any tips on getting larger plants, up the yeild, etc.. I've been getting around 2 mason jars per plant, give or take.

Back
Top Bottom