Highgrade mango bud grow, my first ever! Hps lamp, soil. Help needed!

They do look burnt. Well... There's no way you can rig up something in your closet or anything? Your plant actually looks very nice, besides the burns. The new growth will be ok as long as you get the light raised. You could top it, but that is usually done during veg. If you decide to top it, you will want to let it go back to veg light cycle.

check the FAQ and do some searching on LST (low stress training, I believe) You will have to get that light farther away from the plant, or the plant farther away from the light. HPS & MH bulbs put out a lot of heat, and you really probably should have some kind of exhaust system for your closet. Good luck with your project

LST would be a way of bending the plant and may save you some height but the plant will over all get way bigger and bussy. I also think LST needs to be done in veg stage the plant has to be able to bend without breaking im sure you can bend a small amount and slowly increase the bend.

BEND IT!!! You wont hurt her as long as you are careful. They are really pliable plants, use a small string, NOT fishing line as you may decapitate her!! Tie it about 5-6 inches from the top and start pulling GENTLY sideways the down a small bit, the top should bend pretty easily, use a weight, fishing weight or something similar and tie to the other end of the string to weight down the plant, not too much weight, just enough to keep it from popping back up. Each day as the plant strengthens you will need to keep bending back down and adding weight.
If you screw up and snap the top, just duct tape her back in place, seriously, and she should be fine, the worst thing you could do is keep letting her grow toward the light and burning herself.
Good LUck!

Ok, so it looks like bending is the way il go, once i have bent it over more and more each day, will i have to keep the plant in the bent posistion? Wont it still grow upwards even when its bent??

The plant has already started budding, i will put some more pics on tommorow. Obviously i have never grown before, so im unsure about most things! Does the plant continue growing while it's budding? I was under the impression that it grows while veging, then when you go to 12/12 it stops growing and starts budding!?

It depends on the strain. I grew some awesome bagseed that didn't grow an inch in 12/12, just 3oz. I have a blueberry in flow now that more than doubled. good luck man

So how long am i looking then before it stops growing!? Im realy pushed for space, its getting real close the the light! I am goin to start bending it tommorow morning, lst i think its known as. I think i will just gradually bend it more and more veryday, is that the right thing to do? Starting to smell real nice too! Has anybody ever heard of ona gel? Thanks for the reply's and advice people.

ONA is the shit. Love that stuff.

I know how space problems go man- bending is a great option. you can feel how lignified (woody) the stems are, and towards the top they tend to be bendier. tweak it gently in the way you want it to go.

once you get used to the way a strain vegges, you will have a pretty good idea of when to send it to 12/12 to keep height correct.

ONA is the shit. Love that stuff.

I know how space problems go man- bending is a great option. you can feel how lignified (woody) the stems are, and towards the top they tend to be bendier. tweak it gently in the way you want it to go.

once you get used to the way a strain vegges, you will have a pretty good idea of when to send it to 12/12 to keep height correct.

Thanks for the reply, but i have already started 12/12 around a week and half ago, dont know if you noticed that? Check my pics for the setup i have, and you will see my problem, as i have nowhere else to grow, it has to be in that cupboard! I saw ona gel advertised online, does it actually work? I also saw something about charcoal filters, but ona gel seems like the easiest option for me. Cheers:ganjamon:

SDC10034.JPG

Back
Top Bottom