My First Ever Grow & Grow Journal - AK47 Feminized

iwalon

420 Member
Hi guys, I never thought I would be here. After looking at a grow journal I decided to get into the game and post my process.

I barely smoked till i was 37 and now that its legal and I do not drive I started smoking more. Unfortunately, good stuff is expensive thus I decided to grow my own. I ordred

VIVOSUN 36"x20"x62" grow tent
BESTVA DC Series 1000W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Grow Lamp

fresh farms soil
starter potting mix (dont remember brand)
Perlite
small amounts enough for 2 plants.

I am in apartment but i have a closet that is big enough, i dont have to worry about smell because its legal to grow up to 3 plants here.

I always preferred sativa heavy plants, so I didn't know where to get seeds. after little research I ordered 5 seeds online and i got 5 seeds.

i had ordered VIVOSUN 440 CFM 6" Inline Duct Fan with 6" Carbon Filter Odor Control but I returned it. It looked too big and heavy.

I ordered a 4 inch version cheaper brand from ebay I am still waiting for it. Also small fan.

IMG_1552.jpg

I started to germinate 3 seeds on Jan 19, 18 hours in cup of tap water and 36 hours in papertowel, only one plant germinated. I gave all of them more time and 2 germinated. one never did. it was 2 small anyways. I emailed online company, and I think they are going to send 2 more for as replacement.

I planted all 3 in a small pot. with the starter potting pix and some perlite. Its dry here so i put a platic bag and sprayed the bag. humidity was around 40% and between 70-72 in my apartment.

I had a small plant growing light thing i used for basil small white light so i left the plants there till i get the grow room ready

IMG_1539.jpg

Plant one was out in like 6 days after germination 3 days after planting. Yellow marker on it. Which one is day one?

Plant 2 was slower because I knocked it out of the pot by mistake after day 2 in the plant.

They came out long, and i think my small light was too far thus I moved them closer

IMG_1545.jpg

Day 12 after germination pictured above

I also ordered ph balance thing and looks like tap water is 6.5-7 so i tried to get it down but its tricky with a non digital testing kit. I have gotten it down to 5.5-6 eyballing it. I also got a humidity checker and seaweed extract.

better picture below.
IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

Is my light to bright for me to plant them in a big smart pot soil.

I am just watering them with ph6 water with a tea spoon of seaweed extra. I also have sprayed some water on them to keep humidity lower.

the grow tent with the light on gets very very hot. what shall i do to get it ready?

Today I am contemplating to put it in the tent, although i have no fan yet, its dry 30% humidity right now..

What strain is it?
AK 47
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Indica 35%/ Sativa65%

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor
Soil or Hydro?
Soil
If soil... what is in your mix?
Potting mix, 20 perlite
If soil... What size pot?
5 gallon grow bag
Size of light?
1000lp
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
non
How often are you watering?
water ph balanced/ and sea weed extract
Type and strength of ferts used?
none yet

the last five days its been a little more crazy growth, in the tent now.
IMG_1573.jpg
IMG_1572.jpg

I got a humidifier 2 days ago and it seems like its helping. Keeping humidity around 35%, unfortunately covering the tent completely gets the heat up to 84, so i have been leaving it open for now.

I am still not sure when i shoiuld go into the larger smart pot, also not sure when to top. Before or after switching pots, I am on day 19 after germination right now. is this small for 20 days?

Transplanted to 5 gallon smart pot yesterday.
day 21 veg

I am going to wait a day and top.

Notice the leafs are on the darker side.. am i missing something ?

they both had ph issue, and i you can see it did create nutrient lock. i fixed by giving it ph6.5-7 and seems like they are recovering

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom