How do I deal with super thick nutrients?

BrokrnEyes

So I am using the floor nova series of nutrients, 1 quart of both grow and bloom and last week I had to get a new nutrients syringe so I bought one with an extra long blunted needle so that The size of the bottles was no longer an issue. Well today when I put the syringe into the grow, I knew that it was going to be thick but I was shocked to simply feel how much resistance I was getting in that bottle , I mean it must be the consistency of sludge in both the grow and bloom nutrients! After trying for five minutes, I simply could not draw any nutrients through the needle into the syringe that I had to use my tablespoon measurements to get anything out but what really concerns me is the fact that this is supposed to be a LIQUID and I'm afraid that this concentration of solids may hurt my plant and equipment. I mean I am assuming that the salads are crystallized nutrients, does this mean I should throw the bottles away or can I throw a little bit of distilled water into the bottle to dissolve the solids? And if I do the latter how much is too much? I mean what would the PPM be optimally in 1 mL of nutrients ( if that is even measurable ). I'd there anything I can or should do? I know when I opened these bottles earlier this year the first half of the nutrients wasn't nearly this thick ( it was thick, but I could still use my nutrient syringes).

Weird.
I use the GH Flora series (not Nova) - Micro, Gro, & Bloom. They are all very liquid with Micro being the only one that is very slightly thick. Even it goes into a syringe just fine. I use an eye dropper type of "sucker" to measure very small amounts, but usually I just pour into a measuring spoon.

My concern is that the PPM in 25 ml I'd higher nor than what it was 8 months ago. Obviously when the bottle left the plant, there was a certain ratio solids liquids and I'm afraid that as time is going by the ratio has changed and now my fear is that the same amount of nutrients I would give it around this time from eight months ago could be too much.

Some nute's can settle. Maybe you didn't shake the bottles well in the beginning so you were getting the thin stuff floating on top. Now that it is gone you're down to the sludgy stuff. If you are able to measure the EC or PPM, just adjust the quantities to fit you feeding schedule. Hopefully the "mix" will still have the original proportions of all the minerals - just at higher concentrations.

Back
Top Bottom