How do I germinate seeds?

I bought some pretty expensive auto flowering haze strain and the seed hasnt germinated 4 days later. I put 3 different seeds, one was ready to go in less than 24 hrs the other took 48. The paper towels did dry out after the 2nd was removed and was watered immediately. can that be the reason?
I put them both in soil and 1 was set to go after a day and it has been 3 days now and it hasnt came through the soil.

Can anyone help me or give me any advice?

Finally found someone who's bought Doggies Nuts seeds... Is there a good reason for their high prices? I haven't seen much discussion about that at all. Are the seeds different in some physical way, or what?

I wondered the same and I was told they are great plant with good return. I think all plants are great though and so many have had positive results too that I'm not really convinced....Too much money!

I wondered the same and I was told they are great plant with good return. I think all plants are great though and so many have had positive results too that I'm not really convinced....Too much money!

That's my thinking. The final yield depends on so much more than the genetics (which is all the seed is good for), I can't see spending that much money on something that doesn't increase the yield over normally-priced high-end seeds just as much as that price increase would demand. It almost seems like we're talking about Jack's magic beans here... :Rasta:

hi i need help i have my 10 seeds they are rady germinat 1 inhc root . now when i have to put tham under my 1000w [mh] lights

hi i need help i have my 10 seeds they are rady germinat 1 inhc root . now when i have to put tham under my 1000w [mh] lights

It's hard to tell what you're asking here. Are you saying the seeds have already germinated and you want to know when to put them under the big light?

Don't put a 1000W light close to seedlings or you'll just dry them out. Keep it further away from them until at least some true leaves appear.

Hey guys, I apparently need help with germinated :/ So it's been 5 days now since I tried the paper towel method and my seed hasn't done anything. Is it just not going to do anything or should I try something else?
much thanks ;)

Permanently "borrowed" my wife's 2 aerogardens for seeds only. 100% seed germ rate on all but ancient seeds. About 95% on seeds older than 3 years.

seed_starter.jpg

They are drip, but I added a bubbler to the 1 gallon res.

WillyB

Hey guys, I apparently need help with germinated :/ So it's been 5 days now since I tried the paper towel method and my seed hasn't done anything. Is it just not going to do anything or should I try something else?
much thanks ;)

Soaking method is the best, then into soil or other chosen medium.

Let me show my age. I use an old cloth baby diaper that I dampen then put into a dark colored tupperware container, most of the time they are showing root in 2-3 days. On seeds under 5 years of age I get 100% germ. Oh yeah, The diaper is clean! and no I dont pee on it to dampen!!! :thumb:

I have a revolutionary new method that I've been using forever. Fill the pot with dirt. Get the dirt wet. Poke a hole in the wet dirt, about twice as deep as the seed is long. I like to use a chopstick for that. Put the seed into that hole, pointy end down, and pinch the hole shut.

As strange as it sounds, without any paper towels, zip-lock bags, shot glasses, or any other visible means of support ... the seed will germinate and grow.

That's just crazy talk!

Back
Top Bottom