How far of a distance?

blakieblaze

just wondering what a good distance during seeding,veggin, and flowering is a good distance to keep a 400 watt mh/hps lighting system in a grow tent?? thank you!!!

Re: how far of a distance??

It is a balance between the best light and the widest area you can cover... you will need to find the balance. What is your bulb? MH, HPS or CMH?

Also depends on the hood...

based on what ive read bulb type,wattage,air flow,etc can vary the distance u place ur hoods from the plants,but u can expect something like this:
Seedlings - about 3-5 feet
veg - about 2-3 feet
flower - about 2 feet aswell

Buckshot covered one important aspect which is light/area ratio but if too close ur plants will be burned.
if ur hoods are hooked up to the exhaust system, and a fan blowing over the canopy ,lights can be placed closer to the plants which gives better results.

Good luck.

nice thank you yes i have a 400watt mh/hps lighting system witha cool tube on it that i going to have hook up to a 4 inch inline fan/filter combo kit but thank you and its in a tent thats 3x3!!

also another thing once my seeds have pop do i put them under a light asap?? you dont think a 400 mh is to much for the seeds or should i us a 150 watt hps which i have?? just heard that it might be to much at first with the 400 watt mh!!!!!!! thank you

maybe these will help

HPS-Light-Distance-Chart1.jpg

MH_Light_Distance_Chart2.jpg

also think ill notice a big up in my light bill?? i seen a lighting chart instead of 12/12 and 18/6 that works better i guess and will save money!! ill be running a inline 190cfm fan filter kit and a 400 watt lighting system mh/hps

it isn't that much electricity, you add $30 or so depending on hours on and elec rate per kw.

rough estimate figuring, 400w and lets say 100w for a fan. = 500w x 12 hrs a day minimum = 6000w a day or 6kw a day,,,, 6k x .10(local kw rate) you get .60 cents a day x 30 days = $18 a month,,, at 18 hrs a day x 500w = 9000kw x .10 = $9 a day x 30 days = $27 a month.

If you mean the GLR light routine, it does work good.

You can start them under 12/12 and get a nice size plants too.

great advice all.. I use a 400w MH/HPS combo too. I keep my globe about 20cm from tops with a fan blowing between globe and plant toops. I have 3 fans going inside the space. I raise and lower my light to try mimick the sun, also left and right to cover as much as I can.
I think Ill be putting my 600w back in soon as I think I see flowers coming:):) BUDS BUDS BUDS... GOODLUCK, Smokemup

Yes you can grow seedlings in MH light from seed. Here is a pic of my baby room with two 400 watt MH lights

DSC_0194_baby_room.jpg

know thats 12/12 under veg or what?? or from seeding to veg to flower?? please explain to me??? and the how do like the GLR rountine?? man iv read about it and was thinking about doing it my self but 2 grow and just wondering to try or not??? let me know WHAT u think??

You can start seeds right under 12/12. They will go about 4-6 weeks before they start to flower, just the same as if you would have veged them 4 weeks 18/6 then flower 12/12.

The GLR is a little more complicated. you have your light on for 12 hours, then off for 5.5 hours then on for an hour then off another 5.5, then back to 12 on. It disrupts the flowering hormones when the light comes on for an hour in the middle of the night. Then when you are done veging, you eliminate the hour in the middle of the night and go 12/12.

go here and do some research. How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

then follow a few journals that might lean towards how you wanna grow. and a few methods you might wanna try in the future.

Back
Top Bottom