How hot do CMH style lights get & light options?

HigherTheHigh

As above states I'm just wondering how how they got, I'm going through light options for my second tent setup, I have till around the second week of February to find a new light setup.

My tent is a 4*3 Homebox with white walls.

Growing specifically for yield, scrogging & main lining but I don't want HPS options as heat is to much from them.

Wondering how hot CMH get as I was thinking of putting two in there, heard a few people say they run cooler than HPS (main reason for changing lights was hps being to hot), I would also be running both down to 500w.

I'm running two SP250's in my first tent so I can't quite say what there overall like without my first harvest being undertaken so at least this way i can experiment with different other Led's or other lights.

The fixture I got (315) has a remote ballast I mounted outside the room so the only heat is the bulb Inside with the plants. Not much bulb heat.

The fixture I got (315) has a remote ballast I mounted outside the room so the only heat is the bulb Inside with the plants. Not much bulb heat.
The ballast might get warm but I can't see it producing enough heat to make a noticeable difference to grow room temps. I'm researching CMH as well and the consensus seems to be that they produce significantly less heat than HID lighting. The spectrum is said to be amazing as well.

First grow...I went with CMH 315w in my homemade 3x3 cabinet because I needed SOME heat as the unfinished section of my basement averages 65F ambient temp. I run my exhaust fan through a carbon filter 24/7...my high temp is 81 and low is 65. I can put my hand on top of the fixture no heat...just radiating off the bulb. Worked perfectly and I really like the light. It came with the 4200k Phillips bulb...excellent for veg. I did buy the Phillips 3100k and swapped week 2 flower...but probably could have gone with the 4200k (sunlight spectrum) the entire grow. I believe I made the right choice on the light for my 3x3.

I genuinely never realised you could remove the ballasts and out them outside the tent so that's really good to know.

By the time I come to order a light fixture my current plants will be 5-6 weeks into flower with Led so depending on what these buds look like I could just order some more.

Back
Top Bottom