How often should I watering coco ?

Ok coco is not soil, it’s a whole other can of worms.... its totally inert, there is nothing to feed your plant therefore it must be bottle fed. It needs quarter strength nutes and must be fed everyday, then as the plant gets bigger it’s to be fed or fertigated 2X per day, no plain water ever and it cannot be allowed to dry out. I believe it needs to be fed to 10% runoff but I’m a soil grower that’s why I shouted out for Bluter in last post.

helps to have a daylight pic and How to ask for grow support

I will take all advice in my mind guys ..
So if I start in coco, I should give my seedlings some weak nutrition? Witch if anyone can say ?

Ok the tricky part about coco is it looks like soil growing but it’s really a hydro growing method. Megacrop works well, but yes they will need nutes pretty quickly,

It really helps to have a daylight photo (not blurple) of what we are working with plus the answers from above, What strain have you planted,? how old are they. what size pots do you have? Are they photoperiod or autoflower?

I suck at hydro, plain & simple but would help if Bluter or @TheNuttyProfessor or some of the hydro crew jumped in here. Please reply with those answers above so they will have what they need.

I will transplant them few times to bigger pots max it will be 6L all are photoperiod plants , have mixed seeds from my previous grow so there are 4 to 8 different stains, I collected best bigger seeds . Thanks for help . They 4 days only

Attachments

• 2246222-06416554dcbccbc28a5236fc3950a772.jpg
    2246222-06416554dcbccbc28a5236fc3950a772.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 23
watering/feeding in coco depends on pot size and how developed the root ball is. You want to water it until you get runoff but you never want it to dry out. I typically water/feed once a day up until the stretch where I go to 2x per day. I use 3 gallon fabric pots with straight coco.

The thing I have found with coco is that you are giving nutrients eveytime you water. The water gets used up and evaporates some. You an get a buildup of salts if you feed at higher ppms. Keeping the ppms low and occasionally flushing the coco out keeps the plant from locking out nutes or burning.

The thing I have found with coco is that you are giving nutrients eveytime you water. The water gets used up and evaporates some. You an get a buildup of salts if you feed at higher ppms. Keeping the ppms low and occasionally flushing the coco out keeps the plant from locking out nutes or burning.
So this is what I was thinking... then last week I read that one should never run just water through coco...hmmmm? I like your idea better FWIW.

I've read that you should water coco to 10% runoff, that's 10% of the pot size so for my 5gal pots I try to get 1/2gal of runoff each pot.

Not all coco is the same, in fact every sample I have seen (maybe 6 or 10) have been very different.

I know for a fact they won't die if you don't water every day, they won't grow fast but that's what I'm after for those particular ones. I do not let them get dry though... well sometimes I guess but that'll stunt them.

Pretty well everyone agrees you should be watering (feeding) coco every day if you're looking for a lush crop. I do not disagree but I will say that when I up-potted into my final containers there was 2 or 3 days (not consecutive) where I chose not to water. I read and react every day and those days I decided they didn't need water, I wanted to coax my roots out in the new much larger pots.

By flushing out the medium, yes I run plain water through it to the tune of 2-3x the container volume, but also run a fresh fert mix through it when I am done. You're not trying to leave them with no nutes. Just rinse the excess buildup of salts.

Also not sure why you would up pot coco. Most use fabric pots and drop the seedlings in thier final pot. Root expansion in coco is pretty quick since the water doesn't pool and you water every day.

Back
Top Bottom