How To Grow With LEDs

Here are a few shots of the new grow room
IMG_127916.JPG
IMG_128018.JPG
IMG_128118.JPG
IMG_127719.JPG
IMG_127613.JPG

The second shot is the timer it has two out puts with normally open and normally closed contacts rated at 30 amps each the reason I went to an industrial timer was the chepo ones I had failed and caused tow of my OG Kush to hermie. The third shot is of the exhaust vent it vents out of the room to where the fan,and filter are located. As soon as the room is done I will be growing some G13 Haze, and Liberty Haze from Barneys' Farm, some Granddaddy Purple from Ken Estes Seeds.:peace::circle-of-love:

Nice Harley, is that a basement? wish I had a basement to grow in, almost no need for A/C.

Yea it's a 6'x6'x8' space next to the stairs. I still need to finish up the insulation (for noise) and sheet rock. The room also has water piped into it so no lugging water from out side anymore. My other room was also in the basement and I never needed any AC during my grow from May to August.:peace:

Very nice my friend, that's a huge space. Your going to be able to do great things with that area!!!

Very nice my friend, that's a huge space. Your going to be able to do great things with that area!!!

Thanks HK I'm gonna do an organic grow with peat, perlite, bone meal, blood meal, and some garden lime in 5 gal. airpots. I will be growing some G13 haze, Liberty Haze, White Widow, Lucy, and Granddaddy Purple as it stands right now but that is all subject to change before I actually start to grow.

Thanks HK I'm gonna do an organic grow with peat, perlite, bone meal, blood meal, and some garden lime in 5 gal. airpots. I will be growing some G13 haze, Liberty Haze, White Widow, Lucy, and Granddaddy Purple as it stands right now but that is all subject to change before I actually start to grow.

I'm jealous on so many levels of your set up and strains! If you need any help with a Taste test let me know haha :circle-of-love:

I'm jealous on so many levels of your set up and strains! If you need any help with a Taste test let me know haha :circle-of-love:

I'll get back to you when the harvest is complete and we can do a taste test. Oh wait a minute you're in the UK but if you want to come to the US we can taste some nice bud I've been curing for 8 months now. It should be pretty smooth smoke by now.:peace::circle-of-love:

I'll get back to you when the harvest is complete and we can do a taste test. Oh wait a minute you're in the UK but if you want to come to the US we can taste some nice bud I've been curing for 8 months now. It should be pretty smooth smoke by now.:peace::circle-of-love:

*booking flights* mentioned 8 month cured bud to the Mrs and she started looking for hotels hahaha.

Cant wait to see how it turns out my friend

Hello everyone! Thank you all for contributing to this thread! I've learned a lot and will be ordering 2 Mars II 700w leds for my first grow. Currently running 2 MH 600W for my 12 girls and we're about 2 weeks into veg. Already having heat issues in my 5x7 space which does have a small 8000BTU AC unit going so thats another reason for the switch. Anyway I will also be adding a BlackdogBD-450w LED too. Looking forward to completely remove my HIDs + ducting in the room. :high-five:

Anyway is it necessary to use mylar on your walls with LEDs? Seems like keeping the plants under the footprint is imporant as light will drop off outside those areas. Is my plain white walls ok or keep the mylar on? I kind of want to rip it off with the rest of the HID stuff. :Namaste:

Hello everyone! Thank you all for contributing to this thread! I've learned a lot and will be ordering 2 Mars II 700w leds for my first grow. Currently running 2 MH 600W for my 12 girls and we're about 2 weeks into veg. Already having heat issues in my 5x7 space which does have a small 8000BTU AC unit going so thats another reason for the switch. Anyway I will also be adding a BlackdogBD-450w LED too. Looking forward to completely remove my HIDs + ducting in the room. :high-five:

Anyway is it necessary to use mylar on your walls with LEDs? Seems like keeping the plants under the footprint is imporant as light will drop off outside those areas. Is my plain white walls ok or keep the mylar on? I kind of want to rip it off with the rest of the HID stuff. :Namaste:

Welcome to the LED gang my friend, you can now wear you pants below you waist and throw up L.E.D gang signs.

As for taking down your Mylar.....DO IT, not because you have to but because you want to. I myself actually use OCRA grow sheeting which is plain white but its really not needed, I only use it because i got a good deal, before that I was just going to use flat white paint.
Good luck and can't wait to see your set up

Flat white walls will work almost as good as mylar

Just a few questions to spur discussion.
So are there any differences to the nutrient amount used when grown with LEDs vs HID? Differences in internodal length even flowering time?
:thanks:

Just a few questions to spur discussion.
So are there any differences to the nutrient amount used when grown with LEDs vs HID? Differences in internodal length even flowering time?
:thanks:

The plants have way tighter node spacing using LED over HPS, hands down, no contest. As far as light and nutrients....
The plants feed on light more than nutrients. That's why there is so much of a difference in plant size and yield between say, a grow done under CFL's or T5's, and a grow under an LED or HPS light.
More light = more feeding required = more yield/weight.;)

IMG_002166.JPG

IMG_001666.JPG

IMG_001271.JPG

The plants have way tighter node spacing using LED over HPS, hands down, no contest. As far as light and nutrients....
The plants feed on light more than nutrients. That's why there is so much of a difference in plant size and yield between say, a grow done under CFL's or T5's, and a grow under an LED or HPS light.
More light = more feeding required = more yield/weight.;)

IMG_001666.JPG

IMG_001271.JPG

Look at that tree trunk !

Back
Top Bottom