How To Grow With LEDs

Thanks Harley, I finally got my closet dialed in.;)

Is that a SuperCloset? Kewl! I was considering a SuperCloset but their customer service got on my nerves with the sales pitches and the "we already have the best stuff" when I tried to get them to leave stuff off so I could replace it with my own stuff. :)

In the end, I've decided to buy a consumer grade armoire and mod it into what I want. I figure it'll be a fun project that'll take ages to complete! LOL I've got a 342w I-Grow light on order and if it works out, there's actually room to put a second one in. I'm really psyched about the programmable spectrums! I'm such a nerd...

Is that a SuperCloset? Kewl! I was considering a SuperCloset but their customer service got on my nerves with the sales pitches and the "we already have the best stuff" when I tried to get them to leave stuff off so I could replace it with my own stuff. :)

In the end, I've decided to buy a consumer grade armoire and mod it into what I want. I figure it'll be a fun project that'll take ages to complete! LOL I've got a 342w I-Grow light on order and if it works out, there's actually room to put a second one in. I'm really psyched about the programmable spectrums! I'm such a nerd...

Hi Boscoe. Yup, I have the Trinity LED closet from SuperCloset. I have no regrets at all with the purchase, its been nothing but a positive experience for me overall.;)

Yeah, it surprises me some of the hate I've seen directed at them online. Clearly they work! And I think the fact that you went with LEDs makes a huge difference because even the people who like their Superclosets admit that they have major heat problems with the HIDs, especially with the smaller units.

I was looking into the LED Supernova, but like I said, encountered too much resistance to the idea of customizing it to suit myself. I think it's great that they provide turnkey systems, but I think they need to evolve as a company and offer more than a one-size-fits-all approach.

I was just looking at one of your journals, and along with all the others I've been watching, I have to say it's really awesome to FINALLY see people getting real results with LEDs. I believed in their potential a few years back, but the early grow journals were all pretty disappointing. You could veg nicely with even the early Penetrators, but they just weren't up to the flowering. Clearly they are now becoming ready for primetime. I saw a journal last night where the guy got massive big-as-your-forearm colas using Lush LEDs! Anyway, I hope my I-grow does as well as your Kinds have! :ganjamon:

Yeah, it surprises me some of the hate I've seen directed at them online. Clearly they work! And I think the fact that you went with LEDs makes a huge difference because even the people who like their Superclosets admit that they have major heat problems with the HIDs, especially with the smaller units.

I was looking into the LED Supernova, but like I said, encountered too much resistance to the idea of customizing it to suit myself. I think it's great that they provide turnkey systems, but I think they need to evolve as a company and offer more than a one-size-fits-all approach.

I was just looking at one of your journals, and along with all the others I've been watching, I have to say it's really awesome to FINALLY see people getting real results with LEDs. I believed in their potential a few years back, but the early grow journals were all pretty disappointing. You could veg nicely with even the early Penetrators, but they just weren't up to the flowering. Clearly they are now becoming ready for primetime. I saw a journal last night where the guy got massive big-as-your-forearm colas using Lush LEDs! Anyway, I hope my I-grow does as well as your Kinds have! :ganjamon:

I've been looking at those I-grow's also, they are very nice and I'm sure you'll have great results with them.
Send me an invite when you get your grow up and running, I'd like to see your results.;)

Here are some updated photos of the new room
IMG_128317.JPG
IMG_128516.JPG

Hi gang.

I have an LED grow journal just starting using a 144x3w top led panel.

Shuffledemon's Organic Soil Multistrain Indoor LED Grow Journal — 2014

Wondering what strategies do I need to consider for using a light intended for a smaller area than my 4x4 tent? Should I put up a reflective wall to confine to a smaller space? I like the big tent w/ the charcoal filter as it gives me a workspace as well, but I am not a high volume guy.

Perhaps just centering my couple of plants directly under the light is enough?

Thanks for everyones perspective!

Harley my main man of LED :) I remember agaes back you said you might be going all flux, just wondering if you still fancy it my friend? :)

Yes I am planning on doing the flux. I have some #5 air pots and 700 watts of LED. The room is nearly complete and the Growology nutes should be arriving soon. After which I will be growing some G13 Haze, Liberty Haze, Lucy, Mama Thai, GDP, and some Blue Dream. I not sure al of the plants will be going into Flux but I will be doing several for sure.:peace::circle-of-love:

Harley waiting for you to get the room done a get a grow going. It will be really nice to have the room set up just the way you want it. :reading420magazine::popcorn:

Harley waiting for you to get the room done a get a grow going. It will be really nice to have the room set up just the way you want it. :reading420magazine::popcorn:

I am painting the room today I dropped some seeds in water to soak yesterday. They should crack tomorrow and will be put in some Canadian peat with some dolomite lime, perlight, and vermiculite. I will be using Growology 3 step nutes this round to make things easier
(just add water) So I'm off to another grow. I'm growing meds for pain this go round some G13 Haze, Liberty Haze, Giga Bud, Lucy, and Mama Thai (for getting stoned) and Ultimate Purple.

Back
Top Bottom