How to lower humidity in a small tent

UKgrower320

420 Member
So to cut a long story short, through out winter my humidity was always below 40% but now that it's came in to spring weather where in stay in the UK the humidity has risen 10-15%, at the minute my tent is at 47% humidity and 25.6°. my tent was at 57% and 22°, my tent is on the smaller side of 60x60x140cm and I'm using a 4 inch extraction, 6 inch clip fan and a 250w HPS (max light I can use). I've got 4 plants in each corner in 7.5 litre pots so space is maxed and I'm in wee 5 of flower. So how can I lower my humidity or what dehumidifier should I get ?, I've got enough space for a small dehumidifier but for the size of the tent I wasn't sure if a small set interior dehumidifiers would better for space and ease of placement.

There's nothing wrong with the plants yet and I'll add a photo of one to show but I don't want bud rot, PM etc since I've never had to experience this problem before and I wouldn't mind the buds being a bit tighter than what they are just now...

Attachments

• IMG_20190307_141821_933.jpg
    IMG_20190307_141821_933.jpg
    771.4 KB · Views: 197
You could use Rock salt or a silica based kitty litter. Put a few pounds of either in a small bucket/container with a lid. Drill or poke some holes in the lid, then cover it. Put it in the tent, and check the bucket/container for water every couple of days.

57%RH isn't an issue, especially if you have a fan moving the air.
I've managed to lower it just by adding an extra light, I assume 27.2 degrees is absolutely fine in the tent as well?, Got my outake at its standard plug setting and my clip fan is at max ?

You could use Rock salt or a silica based kitty litter. Put a few pounds of either in a small bucket/container with a lid. Drill or poke some holes in the lid, then cover it. Put it in the tent, and check the bucket/container for water every couple of days.
I found it easier to just put a bucket of rock salt in the tent, no need for holes or a lid or a seperate bucket to catch water. The salt absorbs the moisture all you have to do is stir it around once in a while and when it clumps together into one big solid piece and can't be broke up no more just replace the salt. If you use a container to catch water with that other method that water ends up putting out moisture. Just letting the salt absorb it doesn't do that, just have to replace it more often but it's cheap. And this is for drying after harvest as well as growing, I dry outdoors in the same tent I grow and have controlled moisture this way for years.

I found it easier to just put a bucket of rock salt in the tent, no need for holes or a lid or a seperate bucket to catch water. The salt absorbs the moisture all you have to do is stir it around once in a while and when it clumps together into one big solid piece and can't be broke up no more just replace the salt. If you use a container to catch water with that other method that water ends up putting out moisture. Just letting the salt absorb it doesn't do that, just have to replace it more often but it's cheap. And this is for drying after harvest as well as growing, I dry outdoors in the same tent I grow and have controlled moisture this way for years.
You can recycle the salt, just put it in the oven at 150 degrees for a couple hours, it'll evaporate out the water.

Back
Top Bottom