How to maintain temps during night cycle

Bender8982

Hello there, My question is, how do i maintain a consistent temperature 24/7?
during my light cycle im hanging out around 74-78, then when the lights go off i drop into the mid 60's. i know this is unhealthy, but how do i solve it? Do i plug a little portable heater into a cheap thermostat and put it in my room and then at night when my temps drop it kicks on util it balances out? what methods have you all used to solve this problem? Thank you all.

You can put your vent fan on the same timer as your light. Then it will not suck in cold air at night. But, then you end up not getting enough CO2 (I think ... not for certain).

Mine drop into the sixties at night. I let my fan run 24/7. It gets cold up here where we live. Not much you can do about it. But, it stays at a solid 75-78 during the day.

alright guys :) i feel much better now, this first grow is stressful, im an overprotective parent, i watch these babies like a hawk.

During the winter, I run my lights at night for the extra heat.
Daytime becomes night for the plants.
They don't mind.

In the great out doors there will always be a temp drop between night & day this is benifical to plant as it trickers hormones etc

With MJ temps below 60f/15c may induce plant shock over a prolonged peroid, say a good few days to several & at worst may kill the plant if really bad or prolonged.

I normally have drop between lights on & off between 5c to 10c with plants all being healthy depending on time of year, please bear in mind i grow indoors & ambient temps through out the year may effect indoor temps slightly.

The only thing i've noticed is the smaller the drop in temps between lights on / off, is the trichome developement being more rapid !

Back
Top Bottom