Tent Heat?

With all of this temp and RH talk, my basement is a fairly constant 45%RH, can i turn off my little humidifier i have going in my tent and stick with the basement environment ???
Maybe but it is something that only you can determine. Grab a pencil and piece of paper. Turn off the little humidifier and write down the date, time and humidity. Make a new entry every chance you get. Hopefully you will be able to add an entry 3 or 4 times a day. Doing this for a day or two is not enough, do it every day for at least a week.

After a week you will be able to see just how constant the 45% Relative Humidity actually is. You will have a record of swings up or down and back. You might be able to notice if all day rains or a few hours of thunderstorms cause an out of the usual change.

Doing it seems kind of boring and tedious until the day you notice a pattern and notice that the pattern starts to explain something you notice in the growth of the plant. Then one day you might realize that all these notes are helping, especially if anything noticed can be repeated.

If your basement is truly consistent 45% as wings mentioned, then the tent will be higher. Air exchange and veg density will determine how much higher. It also depends what growth stage you are in. 45% in flower is good but starting seedlings, not so much.

The other thing to consider is that RH stands for relative humidity. Moisture content relative to the air temperature. The cooler 45%RH basement air entering the warmer tent may become 40%RH for example.

Some people, if they have low RH and their garden is relatively cool (high 70s is relatively cool), could run their exhaust fan at a slower speed, or even set their fan timer to cycle it so it's only running 75% (or more, or less) of the time.

Back
Top Bottom