Tent Heat?

The70’s

Now that im entering vegge cycle of growing the lites got turned up and during the 18hr lite cycle the tent maintains 74°ish, but the off cycle for 6hrs the temp goes down to my basement normal 68°.

Wts i could get a little ceramic heater and fabricate a 74° climate during the lites off cycle automatically very easily.

Your thoughts please

Yea as long as your between 60 the absolute lowest and 90 being the highest your great......these are the general numbers I got from searching around.

As for humidity that can be debated by a few here.... But I maintain a constant 40-50% rh in veg and flower....I don't try to boost it or lower as my plants grow well in it... So I think you'll be fine.

It's in the 60s on your basement with NO CONSTANTLY REPLENISHING PUDDLES??? Do you need a troll down there, lol?

Space I'm looking at growing in got down to 88° last night. And that's also the room I sleep in :(. The afternoons in August are... not pleasant. Your plants should be fine. If they're receiving lots of light, it might not hurt to box the space off and insulate it, so that you can allow the lights-on temperature to rise a bit. But I believe that's the kind of thing they refer to as a "first- world problem." (Like hearing people gripe about the cost of gasoline... because they own a car. ;) )

There are obviously optimum conditions (which vary somewhat, strain to strain) - but cannabis is relatively adaptable, really. Don't choose stains that have "best in HOT climates" in their description. Some outdoor gardeners occasionally see it snow before they've harvested the last bud. Others probably worry about suffering heat exhaustion while they're out there trending to their gardens. Hopefully, you can find a strain (or several) that produce the specific effects you're interested in, while also thriving in the environmental conditions you are able to provide. They're probably out there.

Just raised the wattage to 200watts total and the temp went up to 76° and 60%RH, leaf temp 74° for a 1.09VPD, as long as im somewhere in the middle i’m happy, and the plants look happy too.

Being new grower i have no real comfort zone, when i get through a complete grow, and more of them i will look back on all these numbers and they will turn into a “growers comfort zone” but for now i will be watching and posting regularly

Your temps sound very similar to mine and should be great for growing. That 6-10f degree temperature differential is good for the plants.

don't sweat it.

your temps are fine. i regularly grow all through 25% or less rh on the low side. far more folk fuck up a grow shooting for perfection than anything else.

i've grown in several different places with different climate conditions. i've learned the best way to go about it is grow through what you are given. you can affect things to a degree, but you will never replicate the same "perfect" growing conditions in two different places. ever.

this is part of the reason growers often change their grow styles when they move.

if you are worried about temps / rh and the like i'd suggest getting a temp / rh controlled exhaust fan. simplifies stuff a lot.

don't sweat it.

your temps are fine. i regularly grow all through 25% or less rh on the low side. far more folk fuck up a grow shooting for perfection than anything else.

i've grown in several different places with different climate conditions. i've learned the best way to go about it is grow through what you are given. you can affect things to a degree, but you will never replicate the same "perfect" growing conditions it two different places. ever.

this is part of the reason growers often change their grow styles when they move.

if you are worried about temps / rh and the like i'd suggest getting a temp / rh controlled exhaust fan. simplifies stuff a lot.
Funny you mention a inline with controls, i have an AC Infinity T4 w/controler. I cant seem to get it to do humidity and temp control, so i use the Auto on/off timer which works great and has an app (bluetooth) and i can check without going into my basement all the time.
The seedling stage would have been impossible without the auto on/off to maintain a real humid environment. It takes some trial/error to get it close, but i really enjoy that part of growing, that constant futzing til its kinda where i want it.

Lux meter showed up, i set my lites at 29” and 220watts, lux meter says 20K. For now i will leave it there, lites are half way to full power and its the beginning of vegge.

Im gonna vegge til the end of july, then flip to flower so im done by my two week vacation in the fall.

The seedling stage would have been impossible without the auto on/off to maintain a real humid environment. It takes some trial/error to get it close, but i really enjoy that part of growing, that constant futzing til its kinda where i want it.

depends on 'real humid'
seedlings do a bit better when dry. too wet and they can dampen off and shrivel early.

clones from cuttings like it humid for roots to catch.

depends on 'real humid'
seedlings do a bit better when dry. too wet and they can dampen off and shrivel early.

clones from cuttings like it humid for roots to catch.
Lets see, i was going between 70%~80% once i removed the domes, they seem to like it, who knows.

I gotta do some more Lux reading, i mean i get it, but the more individuals that agree seem to point in the right direction.
Watched an interesting video, if i take my Lux reading and multiply it by .015, thats my par reading, so 20k Lux times 0.015 = 300par. He measured it against a very expensive Par meter and it was consistent

I gotta do some more Lux reading, i mean i get it, but the more individuals that agree seem to point in the right direction.
Watched an interesting video, if i take my Lux reading and multiply it by .015, thats my par reading, so 20k Lux times 0.015 = 300par. He measured it against a very expensive Par meter and it was consistent

Was that your brand/model/revision of LED product?

If not, it's like assuming you'll like salmon because you happen to like tuna, lol.

Lets see, i was going between 70%~80% once i removed the domes, they seem to like it, who knows.

all meters are par meters. doesn't matter what you are measuring. all the box does is run an algorithm based on the par to give you a result in lux or ppfd. that's why i find threads talking about par / lux / ppfd kinda funny.

same thing as ppm. all ppm meters measure ec. but most will display ec/ 700 scale ppm / or 500 scale ppm. but the probe itself only measures ec. it does the math to get the others.

oops - forgot to add you should just run seedlings out in the open. don't dome them unless desert dry. super humid is not good for them and growing seedlings open gets them toughened to your particular conditions.

Compare your grow conditions to the plants natural environment. Most places 10 deg shift in temp from day to night and shifting humidity is normal. It helps "harden off" the plant. In veg it makes for a stronger plant and in flower it promotes color and tenpin development. Not something to be corrected, this swing is what you want.

Back
Top Bottom