How to use Uncle Bens Topping - Where do I cut?

fish4hc

Ive read and heard about uncle bens topping to get 4 main colas but the link to the website it was on is not coming up anymore. Can anyone give me any info on this. Where exactly do I cut? Anyone have any pictures showing this technique?

I want to try this on my og kush babies.

Thanks!

I topped & then FIMed & got 8 colas going on one on my AK-48s. If you're lucky and happen to do a bad FIM, you might get more than 6, which is a pretty good FIM!

You have to start with 6 or 8 nodes on a plant and choose 4 good ones to leave and let grow. I would chop off the bottom set of branches maybe bottom 2 sets, so they wont hang in the way of watering, and leave 3rd and 4th sets or even go for 6 colas and leave the 5th set. That would leave you enough to clone the top after cutting it off if you want to try that.

Where you cut depends on which sets of branches you leave on the plant. Just cut the main stalk where 2 branches are growing out leaving those 2 branches as the top of the plant with 1 or more sets of branches below.

Fimming is different. Someone tried to top a plant and F**ked up which is where the name comes from.

You have to start with 6 or 8 nodes on a plant and choose 4 good ones to leave and let grow. I would chop off the bottom set of branches maybe bottom 2 sets, so they wont hang in the way of watering, and leave 3rd and 4th sets or even go for 6 colas and leave the 5th set. That would leave you enough to clone the top after cutting it off if you want to try that.

Where you cut depends on which sets of branches you leave on the plant. Just cut the main stalk where 2 branches are growing out leaving those 2 branches as the top of the plant with 1 or more sets of branches below.

Fimming is different. Someone tried to top a plant and F**ked up which is where the name comes from.

Ditto. It's usually the 3rd and 4th pair, or 4th and 5th. The idea is that you replace one main branch with 4 equal branches. It'll also depend on how close the nodes are. You want to leave a few inches of strong main stalk at the bottom.

Fiming isn't a f**ked up topping job .
It's a way to take most of the leaves off of the top of the plant , so the top growth slows down to the point it lets the side branches grow out , while the top is regrouping to turn itself back into a normal branch , but no longer the only main branch as now the side branches are main brnches as well, if you did it right .
It's used as a way of not taking off the top completely and lossing the orignal top of the plant .
I don't top my plants or Fim my plants, I tye them down to get the same results as topping or Fiming , without cutting anything off the plant .
Look up Marksurfs on Google and you'll see my grows journal. All the plants are branched out and full . No topping at all or Fim . When I do Fim , I also tye down . Marksurfs 7/24/2016

Fiming isn't a f**ked up topping job .
It's a way to take most of the leaves off of the top of the plant , so the top growth slows down to the point it lets the side branches grow out , while the top is regrouping to turn itself back into a normal branch , but no longer the only main branch as now the side branches are main brnches as well, if you did it right .
It's used as a way of not taking off the top completely and lossing the orignal top of the plant .
I don't top my plants or Fim my plants, I tye them down to get the same results as topping or Fiming , without cutting anything off the plant .
Look up Marksurfs on Google and you'll see my grows journal. All the plants are branched out and full . No topping at all or Fim . When I do Fim , I also tye down . Marksurfs 7/24/2016
Actually you are wrong.

The word fim standa for " fuck I missed". It came from people trying to top their plans and instead they cut too high and said f.i.m'ed. The purpose of fimming is not to slow down the top and let the sides grow. The purpose of it is to create anywhere from 2 to 6 tops from the cut. Another words it is a way to top your plant and end up with more than two tops. Yes for a very brief time it will slow down the top grow but that is not at all the purpose.
Fimming is in fact a fucked-up topping job. Except now we use it not by mistake.

If someone wants to slow down the top growth so the sides can catch up there are many ways to do that that do not include cutting your plant. A simple ponytail of the leaves does it without injury.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

To FIM , is to slow down the top - main top branch growth , to get side branches to come out without taking off the top of your plants . As far as for where the word came from , it's slang , yes, BUT is used as a tool called - FIM to help bring out the side brances , in place of and not having to top your plants . I had alot of posts on FIM on OverGrowAmerica . com . When the website was shut down the posts were lost or I'd post them to show the top splitting into more than one top , not including the side branches by using FIM and tye down method . I proved by showing the stalk's after harvest what using the FIM method could do . It didn't always work for multiple tops coming from the FIM but in alot of cases I proved it can be done like that . Fim is ok , topping is ok , but tye down , depending on the strain is the way to go for me to do the less damage to the plant and get the desired affect of multiple main colas . Marksurfs ......
Tye down is the way to go for me , the grow here I did and am continuing to do proves I know what I'm talking about . Uncle Ben is a good friend of mine and knows my grows as he taught me alot . I challanged him on FIM and I won the challange . I could make multiple tops from FIM and tye down alone without topping to get the desire affect of growth . Ask Uncle Ben if you think I'm wrong about this . Tell him Marksurfs sent you and he'll know me He'll ask you where you found me as I've stayed under the raydar for many years now .
Outdoor - Indoor grow - Romulan and Space Queen - Marksurfs - Page 21

Back
Top Bottom