HSO Trainwreck - 45-50L 100% Perlite Hempy - 600W

Munster

Hi everyone, I had to share this plant to show off both the strain and the 100% Perlite Hempy bucket. I cannot sing their praise highly enough. I should say 99% Perlite. There is a layer of volcanic rock on the surface so I can water it without the water flow digging holes in the perlite and exposing roots.

This Trainwreck seed from Humboldt Seed Organisation sprouted back in March this year, and was my mother plant for about 4 months before being put into the flower tent.

It has been in a 50L hempy bucket under a 600w HPS (just recently upgraded to 8" air cooled hoods) from that time, and had started flowering by 23/6/15.

I have been using a few different nute mixes, but currently using Canna A+B and GH Floralicious for flower,

Unfortunately I do not have pics of her when she was still in veg,

but here she is at week 5,

IMAG055217.jpg
IMAG054917.jpg

and week 6 and a bit, which is today.

IMAG057315.jpg
IMAG057213.jpg
IMAG057412.jpg
IMAG057511.jpg

Its pretty darn cold here this time of year, the tent temperatures range from 8-22 degrees Celsius
(Lights Off/On). Humidity usually around 30%.

Heads everywhere because of being topped so often for clones, but it is the density and smell of this beasts nugs that I love. Indescribable smell, to me at least, except awesome. I have been smoking it for awhile now, and it is definitely a favourite.

Oh, the tent is 6x6 feet, but is only half full at the moment.
I know it looks waaaaay too empty. It does not please me either..

Any advice or criticism is greatly welcome. :)

Will update in a week or 2.
Peace :)

Here she is at day 53. Just started flushing this morning with plain PH'd water. Will chop in about a week. Buds are so so so dense. Pistils about 60% brown, but trichomes still mostly clear/cloudy.

Please use moccasins as a scale hahaha

IMAG059212.jpg
IMAG05969.jpg
IMAG05978.jpg
IMAG05959.jpg
IMAG05939.jpg
IMAG059912.jpg

Here she is at day 61, after 8 days of flushing and 24 hours of darkness. I did not realise how bad quality these photos were until now, but unfortunately she has already been chopped down so i cannot take better ones.. Leaves have started to get a red tinge around the edges, while the buds have a nice minty/aqua green colour. They look a bit blue in natural light. Will try to get my little USB microscope working to get macro shots of the buds later today.

IMAG060713.jpg

IMAG06099.jpg

IMAG06148.jpg

IMAG06158.jpg

IMAG06119.jpg

IMAG06179.jpg

I am hoping for at least 5oz dry, it should be there.

Nice work! You just put a smile on my dial, but i like to stay on the conservative side until she is dry and on the scales :) Very dense buds on this one though, so I think we will get there.

For some reason, the buds that were in the middle of the canopy still have a lot more white hairs than the rest of the buds, and also started foxtailing a little bit towards the end.. Meanwhile the buds around the rest of the plant have much more red hairs and did not foxtail at all. Is this because of the light being too intense at the middle of the plant with the hoods being so low? Distance from glass to canopy was about 5-6 inches, but the temperature was never above 26 degrees Celcius at that height... Any thoughts?

BTW I am not complaining, as these center buds with the most white hairs are also the biggest buds on the plant, with the same trichome coverage. More photos to come soon.

Cheers for the kind words guys :)

Some pics of the trimmed product, and a couple of close-up from the USB microscope.

The buds on the left are the biggest ones, and are rock hard. The buds on the right are the secondaries, but most of them are still very dense.
IMAG062111.jpg

IMAG062010.jpg

One of four pairs of scissors used. Got a nice big ball of the good stuff from them.

IMAG06197.jpg

S20150822_0007.jpg

S20150822_0008.jpg

Hells yeah. I also just got a small set of bubble bags to make hash with trim+ice. I usually use "Shellite" to make my extracts. Or "Isopropyl Alcohol" for those not in Aus. For some reason we have rebranded it here..

Am keen to see/taste the difference.

Well, I ended up with 232 grams from this beast, or 8.2 zips.
Well over my estimate. :)
Here are a couple of average sized buds off her, 2.5g each. Biggest was a little over 4.

1441008703426.jpg

Thanks guys :) there is no way I could have pulled this off in soil.
I always had PH problems, pest problems, and well, lots of other problems....
Switched to hempy buckets and the only problem I have now is spidermites occasionally, which are dealt with severely as soon as they are seen.

HEMPY BUCKETS! :)

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom