Humidity level 80%: Any ideas?

Canbutstore

Hey!! Is it possible that the humidity level is difficult to lower because there are too many plants in the grow room that emit so much moisture when they breathe. Even dehumid. and 2 extr.fans cant help... All the time 75-85% And now is flowering first week...Crazy
Indoor/15lpots/wattering only when soil is 80% dry.

First fan running 24/7, second one 30min ON / 30min OFF. Day/night temp 24-26 C°

Dehumid. every 24h collecting about 6-7l.

Is it possible that the humidity level is difficult to lower because there are too many plants in the grow room that emit so much moisture,,,,
That can contribute to the problem. I grow in soil and one thing that I do is water at the beginning of the day or when the lights first come on.

When you say that the plants are in a "grow room" do you mean that they are in a small room in the house or do you mean that they are in a grow tent?

Many growers will encounter problems with humidity when they grow in a tent. The humidity gets trapped in there and can build. I have the same problem in my tent and I will open the door and leave it open until the lights go off. This will drop the humidity down to the same level as the room.

The fans will not lower the humidity by themselves. They will help if they can blow the humid air out of the room and allow drier in so that the overall humidity drops.

Hey!! Is it possible that the humidity level is difficult to lower because there are too many plants in the grow room that emit so much moisture when they breathe. Even dehumid. and 2 extr.fans cant help... All the time 75-85% And now is flowering first week...Crazy
Indoor/15lpots/wattering only when soil is 80% dry.
It sure is possible. I have two plants that on average breath two liters a day into the room. That rh. is plenty high for flowering, could be a problem when buds start forming. Is your dehumidifier hooked direct to a drain, or is it shutting down when full? You never mentioned an exhaust fan, what size?:ganjamon:

It sure is possible. I have two plants that on average breath two liters a day into the room. That rh. is plenty high for flowering, could be a problem when buds start forming. Is your dehumidifier hooked direct to a drain, or is it shutting down when full? You never mentioned an exhaust fan, what size?:ganjamon:
It is on a drain all the time. There was 4 rainy days. Today is sunny and next 3 days will be sunny too. So i will open some windows on short term. Actually, that move is risky

First fan 100mm(120m3/h, second 125mm(250m3/h)

Yes, im really worried for next 2 weeks. Im on a mold way..

That can contribute to the problem. I grow in soil and one thing that I do is water at the beginning of the day or when the lights first come on.

When you say that the plants are in a "grow room" do you mean that they are in a small room in the house or do you mean that they are in a grow tent?

Many growers will encounter problems with humidity when they grow in a tent. The humidity gets trapped in there and can build. I have the same problem in my tent and I will open the door and leave it open until the lights go off. This will drop the humidity down to the same level as the room.

The fans will not lower the humidity by themselves. They will help if they can blow the humid air out of the room and allow drier in so that the overall humidity drops.
It is a room. 3,50x4,70 and height 2,60cm.
All the air blown by the fans in the grow room does not return. It should be that the humidity is reduced. I don't understand where it came back from so quickly. And the only source is the many plants in one room.

Ill be there in next two days, ill make some pics. For now they are good. They look healthy.
But if I do not solve it, it will be very bad. In the past, the largest was 10 plants(indoor) in one place and never had such a problem.

There is one more option..what do you think if i move half of plants to other room for 1 day/night? For those plants will be 24h dark period. Just for experiment.

Lets take a look from another side...there is plus/minus 600l of soil/peat/vermiculite/perlite mix in 17m2 room. Is it possible that 17m2 rh level is 80% just because of 600l soil mix is wattered with plus/minus 35l water, every 3rd day???????? :)

Dehumid.collecting 20l of watter in 3 days. Fans are running.

What is the humidity outside? Or what is the humidity inside the rest of the building? I exhaust my grow shed to the outdoors and I have a passive air intake that brings in fresh air from the outside. My room temps and humidity pretty much stay the same as the outdoors when exhaust is running.

:hookah:

aaand, if we look at that from more different position - 35l of watter for 600l soil mix is really small amount per 3 days. Probably there is some source where humid air from outside comes/sucked in to grow space. But this is impossible. There should be really big hole somewhere to keep 80% of humid.
Im out of my mind...

What is the humidity outside? Or what is the humidity inside the rest of the building? I exhaust my grow shed to the outdoors and I have a passive air intake that brings in fresh air from the outside. My room temps and humidity pretty much stay the same as the outdoors when exhaust is running.

:hookah:
Outside humid level for last 6-7 days was 75-92% Summer is comming, bet not here yet.

Outside humid level for last 6-7 days was 75-92% Summer is comming, bet not here yet.
I tried running my dehumidifier before, it lowered the humidity but it caused heat, so I had to run AC. End result was a huge electric bill...

aaand, if we look at that from more different position - 35l of watter for 600l soil mix is really small amount per 3 days. Probably there is some source where humid air from outside comes/sucked in to grow space. But this is impossible. There should be really big hole somewhere to keep 80% of humid.
Im out of my mind...
From what I am reading here it sound as if your two fans are inside the tent and are circulating fans only. While this is a good thing ,especially in humid areas. it is not enough. You need to be pulling that air out of your tent and, preferably, dumping it out side. While this does nothing to drop the humidity at the least it keeps it moving around the plants. Plants need to transpire and can not do so in a high humid area without airflow. I should mention that the intake should be filtered to help prevent any unwanted guests from being sucked in with the air. Sounds as if you need to be stealthy as well, so a good exhaust filter would also be a must.:ganjamon:

@bluenoserjoe I think in post #6 he says that the air by the fans does not return.. I think if humidity levels outside are so high that will be the culprit as where to suck dry air from?
My tent is in a room with very low humidity it's an converted attic space and for some reason it's very dry, if the plants are bigger the tent can get saturated pretty quickly that you can feel the moisture on the inside of the tent, but just running the fan for a few minutes solves that immediately, but if the room from which the air gets sucked in had high humidity as well I'd have the same problem as well where would you get the dry air from?

As stated above @Fenderbender , This does nothing to drop the humidity, just keeps the air moving helping to reduce the risk of mildew or mold getting a foot hold. To dry the air you would need to run an ac. unit or a dehumid. unit. In the room the tent is in. Still need to dump stall air some where out side the room or you are fighting a losing battle. Either unit would double my elec. bill for growing so not an option. This is the reason I don't grow during the hot and humid summer months.:ganjamon:

Ah okay.. and there is no tent it's a room from what I can tell but I figure he is pulling it out?.. but if the air sucked in by the process is humid as well yeah then it won't do much.
Went back and reread. Yes no tent, my bad. An ac. or a dehumid. are both a losing preposition in a humid area. Lots of good air flow would be your best bet, at least cost wise.:ganjamon:

@bluenoserjoe I think in post #6 he says that the air by the fans does not return.. I think if humidity levels outside are so high that will be the culprit as where to suck dry air from?
My tent is in a room with very low humidity it's an converted attic space and for some reason it's very dry, if the plants are bigger the tent can get saturated pretty quickly that you can feel the moisture on the inside of the tent, but just running the fan for a few minutes solves that immediately, but if the room from which the air gets sucked in had high humidity as well I'd have the same problem as well where would you get the dry air from?
After reading this, i feel like from other planet.
"where would you get the dry air from?".

Actually, there is no dry air..fresh air flows from other house rooms. Just cheked hr level in other rooms. 69%
But now is sunny. Even ir grow space for now it's on 70%..

Better than before. But not the result that im looking for...

Extra fans will create extra sound. And that's not good. And AC will create an extra higher electricity bill. Well okay, everything is bad.

Actually, there is no dry air..fresh air flows from other house rooms. Just cheked hr level in other rooms. 69%

Extra fans will create extra sound. And that's not good. And AC will create an extra higher electricity bill. Well okay, everything is bad.
I already feel like they will start to rot in a week.

Haha, well yeah this planet knows wild variations, okay the main problem is there is no dry air around then it will be difficult to get it less humid.
Maybe a tent in the room would help? cause now you're running a dehumidifier in the room the plants are in? which means you're sucking up all the moisture they give off which is a lot, with a tent you get an exhaust fan & filter that you direct somewhere outside of the room, and you put the dehumidifier in the room that the tent is in so the air is drier in that room and that gets sucked into the tent. But that way your not using the humidifier to suck up all the moisture that is coming off the plants but just to make the surroundings the tent is in drier.
Just thinking out loud here.

Back
Top Bottom