Humidity? Please

Ifishhigh

How important is humidity? I ask because I can't control it. My first grow went bad with brown leaves and I wonder if it could of been humidity. A guy helping me said it was a cal mag thing but I'm trying to rule everything out. I have a small 4 by 2 grow tent. I grew 5 ladies the first time and it was too crowded. Anyhow to the point with a small tent + I have a negative pressure set up to control odor. The air in the tent gets exchanged so fast u can't keep any moisture in there. To add to the problems my basement is concrete walls and floors. The humidifier can run all day and it doesn't pass 30% humidity. Anyone have any suggestions ? Any would help. Also will chronically dry air ruin the grow?

Re: Humidity ? Please

Use a strain designed for your environment - highland indicas grow in the mountains at very low humidity, tropical sativas like warmth and wet.

Really high humidity is more of a concern in closed in spaces, pick the right strain and consider yourself lucky!

So... you're staying at or under 30%.
If so, humidity is not your problem. That's actually the low humidity number you're trying to hit.... so you should be good.
You would start being concerned when you start seeing 50% or higher.
I grow in an outdoor shed and live along the gulf coast. I commonly see humidity numbers in the 90s. While the local high humidity is a problem, I've been able to keep rot issues (the real threat of humidity) away by putting a lot of air flow in place.

Any RH over 65% can invite bugs or mold. The ideal veg humidity is 50-60% (maybe 70% if you're careful) and ideal flower humidity is 35-45%. At 30% your plants are probably drier than they would like but it won't stop them from growing and I doubt it would cause anything to turn brown.

I grow in a high plains desert. High RH here is 30%. My grows are awesome, humidity is not your problem.

Low humidity /dry conditions are normally favorable for spider mites so i may keep a watchful eye out for signs of them.

On average in veg 50% / 60% RH is good & can get away with lower.

On average in flower 30% /50% RH is good.

Bud rot likes high humidity 65% / 70% & greater for prolonged periods of time to germinate, the spores as far as i'm aware exist in the air 24/7 there just looking for ideal conditions to germinate... More of problem in mid to late flowering if your RH is this high with either lights on or off !

If RH is around 30% i do not suspect to much of a problem with growing, apart from possible spider mites problems !

wow in a basement your havin trouble with lack of humidity ,I never had that prob when in the basement.what type of light fixture are u usin open bulbs kill humidity ,a good air cooled hood or even one with the glass would help even if u don't have extraction fans.do u need the air to b exchanged so quickly,if you put a fan to close to a plant it will dry it out no matter the humidity.maybe slow down the exchange of air with timer ,and or u should spray the plants or tent with water when possible,(you don't want to spray with buds on plant).let us know what u do,and hope all works out.

If your humidity in flower is too high but there's nothing else to try and powder mildew is kicking in get something called green cute and spray on once every two weeks. It worked wonders for me, u can even spray on a couple hours before harvest.....I know you wouldn't do this but that's how good it is, it doesn't alter taste and can even be sprayed icon the buds.

Green cure even... Can't edit my post there's a pic of some sort of animal in a cage covering it

Back
Top Bottom