I am growing using a 3000 Watt LED growing light

RAIN MAN

I am growing a Blueberry x GDP seedling using a 3000 Watt LED growing light. It's been about 1 week and a half using the light.
(I had the seedling growing outside for about 6 days before moving it indoors, sincr autumn is coming)
The seedling is growing slower than usual compared to other plants I have grown. Anyone may know why it's growimg so slow?
I have been using "Heavy 16 Veg A and Veg B with Foxfarm Tiger Bloom fertilizer and Terpinator with hydrogen peroxide as the veg food.
20180830_125346_HDR.jpg
20180830_125338_HDR.jpg

I had a green crack growing slower than all the rest. It was either genetics or maybe cause the medium was too compacted (I had put too much coco in the pot thinking the more could be the best. However it doesn't work like that haha. Anyway so I don't have the answer but maybe this sharing will help

Thank you. I will add a bit more water the day after tomorrow. It IS a 3000 watt LED growing light, most people use between 240 and 500 watts.

Fumes from the basket of laundry or sneakers...?:cool:

Seriously, though, how high up above your seedling is the lamp? Hard to tell from the picture. I wonder if it's too much of a good thing (light) for one lonely seedling. Do you have any pics in white light?

Fumes from the basket of laundry or sneakers...?:cool:

Seriously, though, how high up above your seedling is the lamp? Hard to tell from the picture. I wonder if it's too much of a good thing (light) for one lonely seedling. Do you have any pics in white light?

Around 3-4 feet. I can definetely take a few pictures in clear light.

whats the actual draw of the LED ? guaranteed there's no way it's 3000 watt lol. might be a bit starved for light at 3 - 4 ft

i read that as 150 watt actual, 3000 watt "equivalency" ebay claim.. approach with grain of salt

also it's advertising a range of lights from 35 to 300 bucks, no way to tell what you actually have

It's actually seperate lights. You can purchase lights between 150 Watts to the 3000 Watt light.
I purchased the 3000 watt light.

Most LED instructions I have seen say 3' is the recommended distance between the light and the plant. At this point it doesn't need any nutrients other than maybe a root stimulant.

Check the first post of my grow journal. You ll find different very interesting links about light, but also a video review of a led light. That video brought me to buy a lux meter considering I couldn't afford a PAR meter in my country. However if you can your problem will be solved! To make it short, except the high level leds like some of those of our partners on this forum, most of the chinese models are less powerful than advertised. That is why you need to put it lower than what they advertised. Check the video everything is clear in it!

Hope it helps (cause it should)

dunno if it helps but i got all curious and went looking for specs. closest i can figure is the draw would be 600 watt max. which is plenty for a decent led, and probably would do for a cheap led rig, provided it had anywhere near the correct spectrum.

as mentioned it's at a stage where it doesn't really require much for nutes, so that likely isn't an issue. a light feeding in the 50 ppm range probably couldn't hurt it at any rate.

Please do some research before you grow cannabis.
Too much light is just as harmful as too little light and the light you're using is way too much for that one plant.l

It's actually seperate lights. You can purchase lights between 150 Watts to the 3000 Watt light.
I purchased the 3000 watt light.

If it is, somehow, actually a 3,000 watt fixture, it'll be drawing 25 amps at 120V, which would require a special circuit since the regular residential 120V circuits/outlets are 15-amp (20-amp are also generally available). Something that would be most likely to be found at a camping/camper supply house, I would guess.

If it's a 240V device, it'd be drawing 12.5 amps which, being over 80% of a 15-amp 240V circuit, would probably be something you'd want to have on its own circuit. Unless your location has >15-amp 240V circuits, of course.

I'm with the others in thinking you don't have a 3,000-watt device. If you had enough posts (50) to send/receive private messages, I'd ask that you send me a link to the product so I could check out its specifications. What you have is almost certainly "3,000 marketing department 'watts'," IMHO. There's a chance that we're all mistaken, but... Did you pay more than $2,000 for it, lol?

If it is, somehow, actually a 3,000 watt fixture, it'll be drawing 25 amps at 120V, which would require a special circuit since the regular residential 120V circuits/outlets are 15-amp (20-amp are also generally available). Something that would be most likely to be found at a camping/camper supply house, I would guess.

If it's a 240V device, it'd be drawing 12.5 amps which, being over 80% of a 15-amp 240V circuit, would probably be something you'd want to have on its own circuit. Unless your location has >15-amp 240V circuits, of course.

I'm with the others in thinking you don't have a 3,000-watt device. If you had enough posts (50) to send/receive private messages, I'd ask that you send me a link to the product so I could check out its specifications. What you have is almost certainly "3,000 marketing department 'watts'," IMHO. There's a chance that we're all mistaken, but... Did you pay more than $2,000 for it, lol?

Send me your email and I will send you the link.

Back
Top Bottom