I have searched but can find no answer!

gr865

Howdy,

I am doing a med grow, new to the modern indoor grows. Have worked with hydro in the past, in other crops. So a few questions and some suggestions would be great.

Can you/I take clones grown in a soil mix, wash the roots and put them in a hydroponic setup?
I got my clones today and want to do a flood and drain, but they are planted in a soil mix. Small pots, plants (five strains), presently in soil.

I was really not ready for them, was told by friend it would be another two weeks. But he calls me yesterday and says come get them they are ready.

They are already showing sex at 6 to 8 inches tall and damn they are stinky. I have them now under 18/6 and stretching them with 5 CFL's of light until I complete my cab and get my light set up the way I want it. It will be 16 - 26 watt CFL's. Some 23's also.

The list:
Ak47, good medical
Sour Diesel, good medical
Sweet Kush, good medical
Bub, that is what is on the pot, not really sure what it is. I am thinking Bubblelishious or bubble gum, not sure on medical
And a Oh My God, have not seen this one in awhile, but good medical I have read.
I am not sure about the height of these plants and how they will do together, but gonna find out. I am researching it now. My friends room is much larger than my cabinet.

All of these are 8 and above on the scale of 10 for high, and most are good for medical, four of which will work medically for me.

I love my friends.

I have started some LST.

Wish me luck folks!

Peace Out,

GR

Trying to figure out the picture thing.

I personally haven't done it, but I know others have gone from soil to hydro. Just be careful and wash the soil off gently. I'm sure using a small container to dip/flush the soil off in would work for the majority. After that, a good spray bottle. Hold the plant up, laying the roots against something, like say the edge of the sink, and spay the roots. The force of the spray will breakup the smaller bits of soil and drain it right off the roots.

Good luck! And welcome to 420mag!

I've done it for years with smaller plants using a simple DWC buckets. Never tried with flood and drain.
I treat them like clones in a mini bubbler until it develops the new roots and I see new growth on top then
it goes to it's permanent home.

yep, ive done it quite a few times also... i wasnt even that gentle tbh.. but def not rough! :cheesygrinsmiley: used a hose with a spread spray attachment, rinsed the roots of ALL debris.. the cool water also helps to sooth and anaesthetise the roots allowing them to take to the hydro more easily and recover from the shock a bit better. ive transplanted from soil into DWC and recirculating top feed systems.. but like oldman.. i have never tried it with flood and drain.. shouldnt be any different though.. i just washed the roots out, getting rid of debris..and tried to gently spread the roots out as best i could into the hydroton.. but they soon grow new roots and fill in the gaps

i would suggest as a back up.. to cover your waterpump with nylon or some such incase any debris gets through and gets caught in the pump- i normally use pantyhose stocking material.. its cheap and my waterpump doesnt mind a bit of cross dressing loL

Thanks to you all, decision has been made to wash, first to finish my cabinet the do the deed.

GR

If I ever figure out how to post a picture I will.

Back
Top Bottom