I just heard a snap

BrokrnEyes

So I decided to check up on my plant before heading off to bed tonight. I took a look at it and it was looking really nice, I decided to give it a gentle tug to the left, Just to see how it eoulf look once I began LST training when the worst sound imaginable happened, I heard a snap at the stem.

Quickly I had my brother tak a look and he told me that the base of the stem looked thin and indented in compared to the rest of the plant. We put a tape case on it but I don't hold out much hope. Paging through my research I can't find a reason other than its a result of calcium deficiency which the leaves shoe no signs of any defiance, intact I had included general hydroponics claim shiv this time around as I use filtered water and in my last screw the plan leaves were showing calcium deficiency signs.

The plant is only three weeks old and until this moment I was thinking I would have to put the filter on the grow as a strong weed smell had been coming through, which I was taking to be a good sign! The phone is what I fed at last:

Flora nova grow: 16 mL/5 gal
CalMagic: 12 mL/5 gal
Diamond nectar: 12 mL/5 gal
Flora nectar: 7 mL/5 gal
Armor Si: 3 mL/5 gal
Plant revolution: one half scoop
Asos Nitrogen fixing bacteria: 1 tablespoon

The system I have been using is a 10 gal top fed DWC with the currently 5 gallons of nutrient water in it.

There have been a few interesting things with the grow.:
1. Today I noticed that the color of the nutrient water was mostly clear, Dishley a sign that the nutrients are not all that present in the water.
2. Despite what it was looking like a visually, my ppm meter, which I always compared against a sample of distilled water was telling me that the PPM was in the 630 range in the pH was hovering between 5.0 and 5.5. The plant in question is a white widow auto flower provided by AMS.
3. Last feeding was the 19th which granted was sometime ago and I have been growing concerned over that fact that while the feeding was over 11 days ago that the PPM had not fluctuate that much this big visually changing color to being almost entirely clear.

The only thing I could think of would be the nitrogen fixing bacteria have been releasing a ton of nitrogen into the water from the nitrogen provided in the year via The air pump and that's the only nutrient those presents in any decent amount at this point now was just nitrogen.

So what ro you guys think? Hollow stems due to calcium deficiency despite symptoms? Another issue?

Pictures help.

firstly snapping the stem is no problem at all, it will heal unles completely snapped off. I regularly break stems when training plants, they recover quickly in hydro.

I dont know what Asos nitrogen fixing bacteria is but when adding beneficials I find adding great white mycorrhizae gives best results. I top feed with it once per week in veg with amazing results. without seeing the plants in question its really difficult to go into more detail with a reply.

Okay but these are auto flowers and everything I've been told and read says you're not to stress it out very much because they're all on biological timers.

Also considering at the snap is at the base of the stem, should I bother with training or should I just let it grow normal?

Yeah it's below all the nodes and I'm currently supporting it with several layers of scotch tape., would you recommend anything stronger? My concern is that as the plant grows it will obviously put more weight on that week point. Sorry to be a broken record but given the situation, is LST even an option now or should I just let it grow untrained?

Sorry I'm just really nervous, I first row never had any issues this early in the plants cycle so I'm nervous as all hell. I'm currently filtering another 5 gallons of water to turn into nutrient water to switch out with what's currently in the tank, minus the nitrogen bacteria, I really do suspect The bacteria was misleading me in terms of nutrients by constantly releasing nitrogen into the water. And obvious function, but given my inexperience I probably should've waited before introducing that if that is indeed the case.

Back
Top Bottom