I think I have white hairs on one plant in Vegitation, day 16 ! what do I do ?

GGGold

Hello everyone i'm new at not only this site but also my very first crop. I've done ok so far thanks to this site, but now my 13 plants are looking like there ready to put into flowering stage, but i'm worried because they have only been in the soil medium in 5 gal buckets for 16 days. I'm thinking that the club i bought the clones from, may have misinformed me of the age of the clone because altho they were in rockwool when I bought them the rootstocks were massive and thick.

Heres what i've done.

Indoor Crop in reflective zip tent
Strain: OG Kush
Medium: 1/2 FFOF and 1/2 Happy Frog and Dolamite
Light and cycle: two 600w lights about 24" above tops. 18/6 on timer
Water: Tap (have been watering with straight water). about every 5 days.
Set up has three fans and carbon filter, plenty of air flow, leaves always moving.
Temp: steady range of aproximately 75*
Humidity: steady range of between 38 and 50.

Four days ago they were 12, 13, inches tall so I tied the branches down to get more light to the under growth, and pinched off alot of older, big leaves.
The first pictures are from today, they are growing too fast and im worried one might have a couple white hairs. I really need some advice and someone who might know what I should do? It seems too early to put into flowering but i'm not sure.

Your clone is a cutting from a fully mature plant. It isn't a young seedling. Technically it's the exact age of the plant it was cut from. Therefore it's actually a mature plant even though it may not seem like it. It's totally normal for a mature plant to be showing it's sex. It does not mean it is starting to flower. It shouldn't flower until you reduce the lighting schedule. You have nothing to worry about with that, and it sounds like you acquired some heathy plants with good roots. Good strain too. And the 'growing too fast' problem.... Well, I wish I had your problems.

:welcome: GGGold to the number 1 site on the web for cannabis awareness!
Hope all is well in your world.
If you intend to grow, I recommend starting a grow journal so our most experienced growers can find and assist you!
Here are some links that may be of assistance to you:

New Member Start Links
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know
How to Resize, Upload, & Post Photos

There are other links below in my signature that you may also find useful.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
We are truly grateful that you have joined us!
Greenest Regards,
:green_heart:

:Namaste:
Beateo

Thank you all for your comments. Im putting my plants into flower today and I needed to know how much nutes to give them, I bought the Fox Farms "Grow Big"; "Big Bloom"; and the "Tiger Bloom" fertilizer, because my soil medium is 1/2 FFOF, and 1/2 Happy Frog n I added dolimite at the beginning of veg cycle, so I really need some help on what to give them and how much??? Also do I give the nutes when its time to water? Or after they get a good drink??? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for your help, I took your advice and waited to put them into 12/12 cycle which I start tonight, its day 28 into veg so I think they are ready, but I need some guidance on the nutrient part. :thanks:

I always add the nutes after I water. I assume the nutrient would spread much more evenly that way- through the pot of saturated soil. Unfortunately I can't answer your other question because I've never used those types of soils, or those nutrients for that matter. But I gather that your soil -happy frog and ocean forest -already has nutrients built in- which is presumably why you're asking how to feed it properly now, right? Unless that nutrient has been all eaten up by the plants already and they look depleted, it sounds like you'll probably have to fertilize at low strength and increase from there -based on how the plant reacts. But- lots of people here use those soils so I'm sure someone else can answer that for you. Have you thought about starting a journal GG?

Weaselcracker... those are both soil mixes from a company called Fox Farms. They don't include time release nutes... but it can be hot right out of the bag.
GG... Check out the directions on Fox Farms site. They have a soil feeding schedule that details amounts you should be using at various plant stages. I'm a bit concerned about your watering feeding question. When you feed, you mix your nutes into your water... it kind of sounded like you were going to just dump nutes straight into your soil.
One note on first feedings... start at 1/2 the directed strength for your first feeding and work your way up to the directed strength keeping a close eye out for any signs of burning.
Like weaselcracker said... start a grow journal. People will follow and give you advice along the way. Very nice way to get help thru an entire grow.

Weaselcracker... those are both soil mixes from a company called Fox Farms. They don't include time release nutes... but it can be hot right out of the bag.
GG... Check out the directions on Fox Farms site. They have a soil feeding schedule that details amounts you should be using at various plant stages. I'm a bit concerned about your watering feeding question. When you feed, you mix your nutes into your water... it kind of sounded like you were going to just dump nutes straight into your soil."

Oh I see now how that sounds. Yes -the nutrient is always measured out and mixed with water in a container before adding to plants at feeding time. I don't feed dry plants though. If I have a plant who's soil is dry at all I water with plain water first before feeding with the nutrient/water solution. Ideally I want each pot of soil saturated evenly throughout with the nutrient solution.
As Tead said- check the Foxfarm website and start off light with the nutes when you do. It can be tempting to give them "more" but you can't take it back if you over fertilize. If you post some pics people will also be able to see pretty easily how your plants are doing.

Back
Top Bottom