I think im confusing my babies! Help please!

Guli

Ok well i have a 3x3 grow room and was using 2 25w full spectrum cfls and recently bought a 300 w cfl soft white bulb and i have them on 18/6 light cycles. But im starting to see leaves grow off stems and probes, not balls, but am i confusing them or jumping to flowrr stage too soon? Or will they not yeild or what. This is my first grow and need alot of help. Id appreciate the help, thanks guys

Re: I think im conusing my babies! Help please!

I am not quite sure what you mean, G. Leaves are suppose to grow off the stem and not suppose to see balls unless you want a male plant to polinate your females. In order to go to the flowering stage the lights need to be set to 12/12. Have you checked out the links here? The How to grow marijuana link is a great start. Just wondering how old your plants are? Hopefully someone will come along who can explain it better than I can. Happy Growing.

Well theyre 3 wks old basically, they sprouted the first of august and took a while to grow and get 7 inches but like i said they are being grown with a 300 w soft white cfl and i was wondering if they will get confused due to the spectrum it emits, i basically hav2 vegging lights and one flowering light together under 18/6 lights cycles. And i doing something wrong or will they conintue to grow untill i swith to 12/12 in about a week. Again they are 3 wks old and about 6-8 wks old and looking phenominal, im glad to say i have something to be happy about when i come home lol

I mean they are 6-8 inches tall, not old lol sry

I don't think it hurts to have both spectrum of lights going but don't hold me to this. They will continue to grow and be in veg until you switch over to 12/12.

2So given your 2 cents, should i switch them to flower stage? And what do u think my yeild willl be if i switch them at 4 wks old

2So given your 2 cents, should i switch them to flower stage? And what do u think my yeild willl be if i switch them at 4 wks old

Personally, I let mine veg for at least 2 months. As for yield, most seed banks will tell you what the yield would be under perfect conditions. I think it really depends on your environment and set up.

Did you buy a 300 watt bulb or a "300 watt replacement bulb" ? It makes a big difference. For a 3x3' space, optimal lighting should be about 450 watts. That should be real watts, not "replacement" watts. This will let your plants grow to their maximum potential with the proper nutrients.

I would wait until your plants are about a foot tall before switching the light cycle. This will insure a decent yield with a manageable height of about 3 feet when done.

Pictures tell a thousand words. Feel free to upload a few.

Hope any of this helps.

I never even heard of a 300 watt CFL. 200 yeah never a 300.

As for your spectrums. More 6500k for veg with less of that 2700 or 3000k spectrum. Then going all or most 2700 or 3000k spectrum liight for flowering.

If your bulb truely is a 300 watt 3000k spectrum or lower spectrum CFL. That should be fairly good for your 3 by 3 tent during flowering.

As for leaves growing off stems n stuff, it sounds fine. But pictures would help just to make sure.

it all depends on how big you want them and what strain they are. I have grown three-four foot tall plants from seed on 12/12 only so the longer they veg the bigger they can get

Back
Top Bottom