Icky's Experimental Grow From Bag Seeds

@taylor: I still have about 2 ft between the tops and the light. I have plastic sealing the roof peak off, so I could do a little work and raise it if I had to. I can actually get about 12 ft out of this room. The mylar is about 1 ft away on 2 sides and 3 ft away on the other 2 sides. I actually vegged for a month with 6-40w 48in. Fluorescence/full spectrum lamps, had them just a few inches away until I got the 400W hps. then I had 4 ft. because of the heat. The plants are not bending toward the light at all. they all are growing straight up and out. @Green-collar: They are 3 weeks in now and 56inches tall. The base at the dirt is about the size of a 50 cent coin. I wanted to take some more pics but got home late and now the lights are out. maybe tomorrow. Thanks for checking out the grow guys! I'm a sponge for knowledge about this. Loving it!

23 Days in flower. Took a few more pics with the Mylar covered so its not so hard on the eyes.

This is the little one I topped once when it was about 3 weeks in veg:
12227.JPG

Some more of the bigger ladies:
13167.JPG
15132.JPG
16130.JPG
17125.JPG
18118.JPG
19114.JPG
:yummy:

Call me a noob but what do you mean by parts per mil. of the water? I fed 1/2 the directions which was only a 1/4 teaspoon per gal. I should have just written 2 parts hydrogen 1 part oxygen to be a smart ass lol. Since I don't know what I'm talking about, especially when I just finished with my after work relaxation burn! Ahhhh:tokin:

haha yee! there is a deviece called a tds meter (total dissolved solids meter) it determends how many particles per million molecules is not water. this way you can figure how many solids you are giving them. distilled or ro water will read 0 or very close to that. and tap water will be about 75+ 200 is considered "hard water" and can be toxic to plants if its the wrong solids. for veg for instance I started at 500ppm (45 to start+nutes and buffers) and will work my way up probably to 1500ppm by end of flowering.

The 2 that were topped were always a little behind the other 3 in size, thats why I decided to top them so Its hard to say. I know the ones I Didn't top are going to produce a lot more. I was using spring water, then switched to my tap water which is well water with a UV/ water softener system installed. the plants didn't seem to mind which one I used.

Checked on the grow this morning about 7:30. I don't usually get to see them until after work. the lights are still off when I leave in the AM. The temp in the room was 55 Deg. f.
Its getting cold here now. frost last night, The heater is struggling on low. During the day its fine, up to 80 Deg. I don't like the idea of an electric heater unattended for so long on a higher setting, I looked at the male outside too this morning. it still looks pretty good even with the light spotty frost we had so I don't think the 55 deg inside will be an issue. The plant thinks fall is here and is trying to reproduce anyway. any thoughts?

Checked on the grow this morning about 7:30. I don't usually get to see them until after work. the lights are still off when I leave in the AM. The temp in the room was 55 Deg. f.
Its getting cold here now. frost last night, The heater is struggling on low. During the day its fine, up to 80 Deg. I don't like the idea of an electric heater unattended for so long on a higher setting, I looked at the male outside too this morning. it still looks pretty good even with the light spotty frost we had so I don't think the 55 deg inside will be an issue. The plant thinks fall is here and is trying to reproduce anyway. any thoughts?

fall is here. brin it inside or it will live its natural life cycle outside. get an oil space heater and use both on low?cover any window openings with plastic to make an extra cold air barrier. I would aim for like 65-70 night 75-85 day. maybe just me tho.

I had to turn it up. sunny and room got to 85 today, so I set the thermostat right below that. I'm off on a Steelhead fishing weekend, I'll check back in a few days. girls are on their own for a bit.

I got a thermostat on the heater. It shuts off at 80. I just hate it running all night trying to keep up. I'm not adding anything else to the room. it is what it is.

4 weeks in today. Got back from my trip and noticed some yellowing leaves bottom to middle area of the 2 big girls that are ahead of the others. I know its normal at the end but 4 weeks? is this ok or does anyone think I have a problem starting. My PH is 6.8 I have not changed a thing except 1/2 dose of some 10-30-20 super bloom, once when I started 12/12 then last week. Here is a few I cut off.
21144.JPG

The new growth looks great still so I shouldn't get too worried?
2077.JPG

I would keep an eye on them but I wouldn't stress it too much bud. Those ladies look pretty happy in your pictures

Yellowing in week 4 is totally normal. Essential nutrients are going to the flowers.

I leave all of my leafs on until they either fall off or are causing problems for the plant. The reason being, more leafs, more light absorbed for the flowers.:thumb:

Your plants look great btw, keep posting pictures!
:Namaste:

Thanks, I have been cutting all the ones that have more yellow than green. Maybe I'll take your advice and let them alone. The plant probably doesn't need me chopping it up.
I'll get some more pics up on Thursday when I have the time to spend getting decent pictures out of a shitty camera.

I have to wonder if I don't have a problem, some of the new growth is droopy, the buds still look good but they seem like they stopped growing, like the plant took the week off.
could I have a salt build up maybe? they are not drinking water like they were. had to water every 2 days or they would dehydrate. now its been 3 days and the soil is still a little damp under the surface. most of the older to medium old growth is turning yellow. I may have to do a flush but I just dont know. ugh. I worry too much. so close to the end!

Just checked ph-6.8. That should be fine, I have a salt pelet type water softener system in the house. Thats what I have been using the whole time. Could the water have too much salt causing a buildup over time? I'm still trying to learn this lockout stuff. Maybe there isn't anything wrong and I should stfu. Oh one other possibility. My night temps have been overcoming the heater and dipping into the low 60s.

Back
Top Bottom