Northern Lights + Bag Seeds From 2 Different Countries - 2013

hopefully you guys can help me out. not sure what the problem is and all of the plants are getting yellow tips

818512274.jpg

818512368.jpg

818512476.jpg

hmm.. let the soil dry out and see if her roots can recover.

If you are not over watering are you letting your soil dry out enough between waterings? what is your light source and how far from the light source are the yellowing leaves? what are your grow area temperature and humidity levels? what fertilizer are you using and how much fertilizer per gallon are you feeding your plants? when was the last time you flushed your pots with at least twice the volume of water as pot size? what are you adjusting your pH to?

If you are not over watering are you letting your soil dry out enough between waterings? what is your light source and how far from the light source are the yellowing leaves? what are your grow area temperature and humidity levels? what fertilizer are you using and how much fertilizer per gallon are you feeding your plants? when was the last time you flushed your pots with at least twice the volume of water as pot size? what are you adjusting your pH to?

i usually water every 3 or 4 days. i have 4 cfls, and they are all about 6-8 in from the tops.. not sure about the ph level. it gets up to about 85-90 in the grow room but i figured out a way to make it more humid. the nutes i used were 15-30-15 so i stopped using it.. now i just use water

At that temperature this late in flowering you don't want to have high Room Humidity! THIS will lead to likely chance of PM and provides an 'incubation chamber' of sorts for all kinds of insects and pests. I would try and lower humidity as much as possible in my opinion, somewhere around 20-30% is perfect at your stage of grow, and according to some literature it can even increase resin production late in flowering!

Hey Doobie, how many times were you feeding your plant with nutes? More specifically were you watering with nutes every time you watered or every other time or over other other, etc?

one of the things a grower must get control over is pH adjustment. before I began to adjust my nutrient pH I had problems with pH fluctuation and nutrient lockouts. you want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss can coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil. how many times did you use your fertilizer and at what dosage?

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Post a pic of what you got, maybe we can help figure out if they are being over fed or under fed?

And I understand Doobie, I'm from a very desolate part of africa, and when I grew there all I had was a compost pile and the sun;)

But if you are in a location more forgiving, or that even excepts packages at a reasonable cost, then I say buy your nutes online. Your plants will love you for it!

From the pics of the buds it looks like over feeding, too much N,and from the leaves it looks like not enough food, them spikes are not what u want to be using, I'd also invest in more lights or different lights, for the amount of plants u have u have no where near enough light and at 8 inches away I'd be surprised if it even penetrates the top leaves, that's why ur plants are stretching, also why u don't have much bud development or resin.
The lights u have are prob only good for one plant max.
Also u mention not being able to keep the room dark at lights off. U don't want any light leaks at all. Also the soil ur using doesn't look great, this along with them spikes are causing the deficiencies and high N. Ur soil doesn't look great at all bro. Am i right in thinking they have been flowering for around 45 days?

I'd say it a mix of being rootbound, bad soil/food and not enough light!

PH should not be a issue if ur using dirt, a good soil mix will buffer the PH, just make sure ur water isn't terrible, if it's drinkable it should be fine, just leave it out for 24 hrs or bubbling if possible.
I've been growing in dirt for nearly 10 years and never PH'd once, if ur in hydro, yes u need to worry bout PH but in soil u don't and if u having PH problems is because either ur water or soil/soilless mix is terrible and no amount of ph'ing would change that anyways!

Also don't expect a sudden change, prob with dirt is that even once u have figured out what's wrong and fixed it, it will still keep getting worse for a few days and may take upto 2 weeks to fix itself, though the damaged leaves will stay the same.

Best advice I reckon is learn from this one, find some decent online suppliers that can deliver to u, I'm presuming ur in South America somewhere by the soil as in Spain it's easy to get growing equipment. But if u can find large CFLs u should be able to get some decent nutes and soil.
And if u have to keep the lights u have just focus on One plant, although when I stated growing I was just like u, lol, I think I had bout 12 plants my first grow when I should have had 4, I like u, was getting bored by the veg and kept start seeds, lol.

What country are u in? I have a lot of Spanish speaking friends as I used to live in Spain, I'm sure someone will know somewhere online that will deliver, on the last forum we were on we even managed to find someone who would deliver to Pakistan for some guy who was growing in cow shit, so SA shouldn't be too hard :)
Good luck bro, whatever happens it's all learning anyways!

Also ill add if u have to stick with CFls, I'd recommend buying lots of smaller ones and making a light fitting than a few large ones, probs with CFLs is spread and penetration, so the more bulbs u have the better and they can be arranged all around the plant.
For ur size space I personally don't think its wise to grow with CFLs if u want to grow a few plants, you would need lots of CFLs, like 20-30 55w bulbs or watever they are to light it fairly ok, whereas a 400w HID would light it perfectly and use less electricity.
I've only ever seen good results with CFLs when flowering when the persona has shitloads of lights all over.

I hope you have been scavenging the Forums for information and taking notes during the this grow. It's easy how we can make the same mistakes more than once, and I am guilty of this :laughtwo:

Everything is pulling through now Doobie, now just a few weeks and you'll have yet another harvest under your belt you can learn from ;)

Back
Top Bottom