Jamaica Seeds Blackout Kush #2

What is it? Bud rot? Why is it there? Does this mean the rest of my plants will have this? I never got bud rot when I grew in my closet upstairs. The plants are in my basement now, but its never flooded and its not that humid down there.

What are the maggot looking things? Is that a secondary problem? Could it just be the fungus gnats larvae? Im thinking it was a very mild fungus gnat den and they will hatch and go away.. yuck. I say this because I caught two fungus gnat looking creatures coming out of the rotten parts of the bud when I was just turning them over to dry evenly after their bath.

I washed the buds earlier in a water and hydrogen peroxide mix and I just took them out to turn over so they dry evenly. Are the buds safe to smoke still? I caught 2 flies coming out of the buds as I messed with them.. im really thinking fungus gnat larvae. Killed both of the fuckers.

I cant believe I did this, but I had to. He suggested 8 oz to 5 gallons of water but I did 8 oz to 24 oz of water Jorge Cervantes: Washing Away Powdery Mildew - YouTube

The rot was only against the stalk. Why is this? How did this happen? My plant was healthy its entire life

Damn that sucks. I don't know if there is any way to salvage it. Cut it up in sections and see if any is still good?

Most likely a bug crawled in there and laid some eggs and started the process.

So I got about a half ounce from that one plant. A gram is gone, but I think they still have to lose a little bit of water weight.

The mold is not spreading, its drying up and it was killed with peroxide. I hope that was just a rare occurrence, because if ever plant has it im not gonna be happy. Im gonna buy new bulbs for the next batch of plants and run 138 watts.

Im probably going to clean out the grow area when the lights come on tonight.

IMG_20130920_204406661.jpg
IMG_20130920_200033393.jpg

BUkpObiCUAAt7J_.jpg

No problem man. I didn't rinse my bud after the peroxide bath, but its not harsh at all. Its a really nice smoke, even not fully dry yet LOL.

I understand that peroxide is a great oxygenator and killer of organisms. I think it took care of the mold and stopped it in its tracks. Regardless I hate spores, they are the nastiest of all creatures.

Still growing. Havent watered since the flush. Praying for no mold colonization. Im doing something about the goddamn flies too, I cant be nice anymore

13 weeks old from seed, 10 weeks in bloom

IMG_20130920_233438267.jpg
IMG_20130920_233456058.jpg

No you cant smell the rot, I really think it stopped it in its tracks. thank you god. you can see the black spots in the pictures, that's the rot that was against the stalks. it was wet when I pulled the buds from the plant, I was so upset and even more upset submerging the buds, but im happy I got close to half an oz from one plant 12/12 from seed under cfls lol. I want to know what the tall plant will yield. Soon

Thanks stealthgrow, cant wait to see your plants turn into major colas. The first swell is just around the corner for you

Im keeping these in a paper bag till theyre gone instead of an airtight container. I don't want to give any spores any chances at all to survive, if any survived the bath

and just like that I jinxed myself. checked buds over and very little white mold fiber looking stuff forming. going to dip in peroxide mix again and then in filtered water and hopefully these will be fully clean

IMG_20130921_014132850.jpg
IMG_20130921_014046544.jpg

Ok the weight stayed the same so they didn't really absorb all that moisture which is good. Im getting tired of these nugs but its a learning experience I guess.

I still see trichs :) lol -_-

IMG_20130921_180455542.jpg

I made sure to hold em under the mix this time, got em really wet. They fizzed for a little at the black spots. I really don't think its coming back this time. I pray

Watered one last time tonight. I checked the trichs and I see few amber so im gonna crop real soon. Praying for no mold. Spiders are helping fungus gnat situation.

I gave her 12 oz of filtered water. Shes going to be really smooth, as long as bud rot isn't on this plant too. Come on I need good luck

IMG_20130921_233822707.jpg
IMG_20130921_234327403.jpg
IMG_20130921_234635627.jpg
IMG_20130922_240439267_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom