I'm an old Canadian grower new to forum this forum

PipeCarver

Greetings to all

As the title says almost I'm almost 70 and I've been smoking pot for 50+ years. I've grown for years hiding in a dungeon afraid to let the light out for fear of dragons throwing me in their pit. Since the faux legalization I've come out of the dungeon one step at a time....Still hiding just not as paranoid......

Okay onto my growing. I have just 1 Bubble Bomb in flower now, I just turned her a week ago. I put up some sidelights with 60% red I'm hoping they'll help me harden up some of the lower buds.

I have 1 Purple Haze 1 Interstate Dragon & 2 Tangie 99 @ about 5 weeks in veg with 1 GSC, 1 GG#4, 1PlatinumOG & 1 Gelato fem seedlings @ 2 weeks.

I also have in my bubbler cuts from all of the above just starting to sprout roots.

Anyways I hope to participate on this forum getting help when needed and offering what I can to new growers in need.

I grow in most any peat mix available Promix,Sunshine mix, & ABSGreenworld VPW30 when I can find it ..It has 30% perlite already in it. General Hydroponics 3 part with Flurolisious & Kool Bloom.

My lights in veg are T5 blue & full spectrum, in flower I've always used a 1000w hps but I've recently switched over to Spiderfarmer SE3000. I now have 2 and I just bought the second one after seeing the quality of buds I grew under that light.

100_6287.JPG

100_6492.JPG

100_6631.JPG

100_6700.JPG

100_6631.JPG

100_6757.JPG

Welcome to the 420 forum! Your plants are beautiful!!!

:hookah:

Greetings to all

As the title says almost I'm almost 70 and I've been smoking pot for 50+ years. I've grown for years hiding in a dungeon afraid to let the light out for fear of dragons throwing me in their pit. Since the faux legalization I've come out of the dungeon one step at a time....Still hiding just not as paranoid......

Okay onto my growing. I have just 1 Bubble Bomb in flower now, I just turned her a week ago. I put up some sidelights with 60% red I'm hoping they'll help me harden up some of the lower buds.

I have 1 Purple Haze 1 Interstate Dragon & 2 Tangie 99 @ about 5 weeks in veg with 1 GSC, 1 GG#4, 1PlatinumOG & 1 Gelato fem seedlings @ 2 weeks.

I also have in my bubbler cuts from all of the above just starting to sprout roots.

Anyways I hope to participate on this forum getting help when needed and offering what I can to new growers in need.

I grow in most any peat mix available Promix,Sunshine mix, & ABSGreenworld VPW30 when I can find it ..It has 30% perlite already in it. General Hydroponics 3 part with Flurolisious & Kool Bloom.

My lights in veg are T5 blue & full spectrum, in flower I've always used a 1000w hps but I've recently switched over to Spiderfarmer SE3000. I now have 2 and I just bought the second one after seeing the quality of buds I grew under that light.

100_6287.JPG

100_6492.JPG

100_6631.JPG

100_6700.JPG

100_6631.JPG

100_6757.JPG
Fantastic. :bravo:
Beautiful garden my friend, what took you so long to introduce yourself ? :rofl: ( 2017 )
Just kidding, welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
You have a couple years on me but I'm Canadian also. ( Ontario )
Looking forward to following your journal. :love:
Here is a link to start one.
Don't forget to tag me.

Stay safe
Bill

Greetings to all

100_6287.JPG

100_6492.JPG

100_6631.JPG

100_6700.JPG

100_6631.JPG

100_6757.JPG
Welcome to 420. New here also and having a hard time germinating. Just got new seeds and a seeding mat that heats. Only got 1 tap root of 6 on my last batch. Hoping the mat will help. Any suggestions?

Welcome to 420. New here also and having a hard time germinating. Just got new seeds and a seeding mat that heats. Only got 1 tap root of 6 on my last batch. Hoping the mat will help. Any suggestions?
Soak in water 18-22 hrs then into a wet paper towel.
I like above 22c below 28c.
Once tap root pops out 1/2 inch or so pop into a solo cup.
I find more than 24 hrs they drown or just get water logged and don’t pop.
Just my method there are lots.

Stay safe
Bill

Soak in water 18-22 hrs then into a wet paper towel.
I like above 22c below 28c.
Once tap root pops out 1/2 inch or so pop into a solo cup.
I find more than 24 hrs they drown or just get water logged and don’t pop.
Just my method there are lots.

Stay safe
Bill
I use the same technique and so far, knock on wood, 9 of 9 have germinated.

Hiya - the heat mat setting is probbly the point at which the heater turns on, but it won't necessarily turn off at the desired temp, so +4-6°C at the actual root zone
Set it low, 22°C and you should be fine
Problem to be aware of germing in paper towels/water - the water will be several degrees colder than the environment

Fantastic. :bravo:
Beautiful garden my friend, what took you so long to introduce yourself ? :rofl: ( 2017 )
Just kidding, welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
You have a couple years on me but I'm Canadian also. ( Ontario )
Looking forward to following your journal. :love:
Here is a link to start one.
Don't forget to tag me.

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks a lot...I didn't expect the response, Nova Scotia here...tough growing outdoors this time of year.

100_6866.JPG

@PipeCarver
Welcome to the 420 family
:welcome:
Beautiful buds, cool name. Do you have any photos of cannabis pipes you have carved? I knew a guy in the seventies that carved and inlaid pipes. I'm still using one of them.
I Don't do it as much now, before faux legalization I was selling them to the dispensaries in the province but one the Gov took over they went out of business and so did I....Just basic wood pipes, no carvings on them. These are a few I started with
1646336887370.png

016.JPG

Hiya - the heat mat setting is probbly the point at which the heater turns on, but it won't necessarily turn off at the desired temp, so +4-6°C at the actual root zone
Set it low, 22°C and you should be fine
Problem to be aware of germing in paper towels/water - the water will be several degrees colder than the environment
I soak mine overnight in Springwater ( one seed company only guaranteed germination is I used it I've stuck with it ) then use that water to soak paper towels then wring out the paper towel...( damp no sitting water ) I put mine in small plastic containers with a lid. one on the bottom one on the top. and press the paper down slightly so its in contact with the seeds.

I used to put mine on my aquarium lid. it was a perfect temp. I now have a heat mat with out a controller but I put my containers on a plate and that insulates it enough to give me a perfect heat....2 days later they have legs and get planted
1646337506011.png

Thanks a lot...I didn't expect the response, Nova Scotia here...tough growing outdoors this time of year.

100_6866.JPG
Omg you rock. :rofl:
I have a buddy in Fall River, I love Nova Scotia. :green_heart:
We are putting together a big summer grow.
Rexer myself and a couple others.
I hope I can keep up with yours, as you seem to have a head start. :laugh:
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill

Omg you rock. :rofl:
I have a buddy in Fall River, I love Nova Scotia. :green_heart:
We are putting together a big summer grow.
Rexer myself and a couple others.
I hope I can keep up with yours, as you seem to have a head start. :laugh:
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill
Fall river is about an hour away from me its a nice area, I'm on the south shore. I can't grow outside, I've tried, too many tears from bud rot killing entire crops & if not bud rot Powdery mildew. Our Fall weather sucks come mid October so photo's don't get to finish, It's pointless growing for months then cutting them at 6 - 7 weeks in flower. I'll grow a few for fun outside but not for smoke...Maybe a couple of Auto's Starting around mid May....

August we get 100f @100% or close to it for most of the month so I try not to have any in deep flower at that time even with my dehue running 100% I can't get my space below 70% not good for flower......Vegging with good air flow they love it.....

Greetings to all

100_6287.JPG

100_6492.JPG

100_6631.JPG

100_6700.JPG

100_6631.JPG

100_6757.JPG

Hello and welcome PipeCarver.
Your plants and buds looks really great.
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom