Indoor 4 x Black Russian - 400W MH/HPS - 1st Indoor Grow

Very nice speedy! How dense are your buds? The dried and the ones still curing? are they soft or kinda firm?

The buds are not that dense they are somewhat light. Might be because it's a sativa cross. Although they are not super dense they are nice and firm and not really fluffy especially the top buds.

The first plant I trimmed the buds have been curing for 2 weeks. The second plant de buds have been curing in jars for just a few days. I am not starting to manicure the 3rd plant

Alright Alright some more buds !!!

Here is plant #3

The plant has yeild 1 1/2 oz dried. The top bud was 22g dry. Is more sticky then others but doesn't smell has good has the other ones. Still pretty nice stuff I ammmm Happy !!

photo_1_1_3.JPG

photo_2_1_3.JPG

And now best for last Plant #4

The yeild of this one is just under 2 1/2 Oz . Top bud 35g
This one is niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D . All the buds are solid so many nice buds . 90% of the plant is big nice buds more compact than the other plants. Very crystalized !!

lower buds
photo_466.JPG

photo_465.JPG

Top bud

photo_533.JPG

photo_1_1_4.JPG

The Harvest aka the reward aka :blunt:

DSC039493.JPG

DSC039512.JPG

DSC039532.JPG

WOOOHOOOOOO !!!

Total yeild is around 6Oz. I am happy happy happy and very satisfied for first time rowing and with just a 400W !!

Next step ... Ice Hash just received the equipement !

photo_1_2_10.JPG

photo222.JPG

Just smoked bud thats been cured for almost 3 weeks .... Soooooo smooothhh !!!! soooo gooood ! Lol :bigtoke:
:thumb::thumb:

Wow, amazing turn out SpeedyP!!! Sorry I showed up late to the party, time to blaze!!!! great job on this grow, I'll definitely be around on your next one! :)

Made some Hash with the bubble bags ... Damn good hash !! so much better than your regular dealer bough Hash.

I made this using a 4 bag system

220 micron -- catches all the plant material
160 micron -- give me a small amount of hash , gritty and very small quantity
73 micron -- gave me the most amount very nice !!!
45 micron -- gave me a smaller amount but is smooth like butter

I ran the mix of water and ice through the bags twice.

I retrieved all the trichromes and I let them dry for about a week. That gave me pucks of gold material (kief). I pressed them in wax paper using a Iron and Ironing board. It turned the kief into a malleable, soft, dark brown and chocolaty pieces of hash. It actually kinda smell like chocolate. I'm pretty sure this is the best hash i've ever smoke. The high is heady and cerebral and a little stimulating, the smoke is extremely smooth !!! It gave me around 5g total.

below are the different grades.

45 micron pressed
73 mircon pressed
73 micron kief

Set - up
photo_1149.JPG

kief
photo_2119.JPG

final product
photo_377.JPG
photo_467.JPG

Here's a stat card of the whole grow. I hope this will help anyone thinking of growing this strain or growing in a similar environment.

Strain Name Black Russian (AK x Blackberry)
Strain Type Hybrid
Clone or Seed Seed
Seed Bank Mr Blue
Number of seeds 5
Germination % 100.00%
Number of Male 1
Number of Female 4
Number of phenotype 2
Smell Strong

Time Frame
Germination 4-6 days
Vedge 6 weeks
Flower 8 ½ weeks
Dry time 1 ½ wwek at 45% RH
Cure time 2-4 weeks , Glass jars

Yield
Total dry yeild prime buds 6 oz
Yeild plant 1 (0% amber trichromes) 15g
Yeild plant 2 (~5% amber Trichromes) 2 oz
Yeild plant 3 (20% amber trichromes) 1 ¾ oz
Yeild plant 4 (25% amber trichromes) 2 ½ oz
Bud characteristic lots of hair, lots of crystal, medium density
Smell lemony pine smell, powerful smell

Total dry yield, trimmings & popcorn buds Around 2oz

Total yield Ice Hash 5G
Hash characteristic Extremely powerful, soft , chocolate smell

Environment

Grow space 5 x 2'6''
Reflective material Flat white paint on all surfaces
Light 400W Electronic ballast MH vedge. HPS flower
Ventilation none other than opening window in room daily
Air circulation oscillating fan
odor control Ona bucket with intake fan (insufficient during flower)
Average temperature range 68-80
Average RH 45-65%
RH info Cool mist humidifier during vedge only
Pot size ~ 2 gallon
PH 6.2
PH Meter Milwaukee ph600

Macro Nutrients Ionic grow, Ionic bloom , Ionic pk boost
Micro Nutrients Supermax b1 , CalMag, Multivitamin
Additional nutrients Molasses
Additional products PH up , PH down, PH 7 buffer

Deficiency during life cycle potassium, calmag, unknown possibly rootbound
Pest Springtails (not harmful to plant)
problems Nute burn

It's been quite a journey. I have learned so much during the whole process. Things that I will apply to next grow but also things that apply to general gardening and plant biology. I have extremely enjoyed this experience. I would like to thank everyone that came and pitched in on my journal :thumb: . This forum helped me in so many ways and helped me document my grow and I will use this information has a baseline for my next grow. I will change a few things next grow so here is my top 10 lessons I have learned !

1. Soil with 0-0-0 is not good for seedlings (plants were strugling, stalled and yellowing. Supermax B1 fixed them)
2. Ionic nutrients do not have enough P in the bloom solution( for my strain at least). Would not grow again with the ionic bloom nutes.
3. Ionic nutes showed micro nutrients deficiency in grow stage. multivitamins fixed the problem.
4. need a carbon filter. Whole house smelled like weed most of the time
5. Watch for nutes burn. burned the plants trying to solve some deficiency.
6. Pot size too small , increase size of pot to at least 3 gal
7. Molasses seem to attract sprintails insect. when i stop the molasses they went away.
8. Don't judge ripeness by pistil colour only. Harvested 1 plant a little too soon. Use microscope to inspect trichromes
9. 1 Light can emit a lot of heat and heat a whole room. Hard to keep temp lower than 80 without proper ventilation
10. Increase ventilation

and last words ... Round #2 will be an outdoor grow for the summer. Strains i'm looking at are Early pearl and Early Girl

and again thanks to everyone for reading and pitching in !! :thanks::blunt:

This journal can now be moved to the completed section !! How do I move it there ??

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom