Starting From Scratch - Black Cream Autos - 400W MH/HPS - Soil

Update inc. Day 57 in total. Day 23 of flowering.

To begin with I'd like to apologise for the quality of the pictures. I'm using my phone camera and I'm not familiar with photography to actually present a nice image to eye all in all.
To the update, I felt like flushing the other day, and so I did. Cone had a peppery/mangoey? odor for quite sometime, at the start it smelled like it would grow to have NO smell whatsoever. After flushing it got lesser and lesser each day.There aren't lots to say abou Sili/Yang, she has been an amazing plant from seed, she grew to expose such beautiful phenotype characteristics and the terpene profile makes my nostrils fall on the floor and climb the flowers. Cone/Yin on the other hand presented issues at germination with one of the 2 first true leaves twirling and part-dying. She kept a steady but slower growth throughout vegging. During flowering she seemed to have hit a wall at around Day 10, the difference between the 2 would not go unnoticed. Can't really tell if flushing her changes anything..I hope it's only a nutelock and that she gains some extra weight the two weeks that remain. As always, any questions and thoughts are welcome.
IMG_20161128_031341.jpg
IMG_20161128_031026.jpg
IMG_20161128_030856.jpg
IMG_20161128_030838.jpg
IMG_20161128_030823.jpg
IMG_20161128_030812.jpg
IMG_20161128_030738.jpg
IMG_20161128_030715.jpg
IMG_20161128_030705.jpg
IMG_20161128_030650.jpg
IMG_20161128_030639.jpg
IMG_20161128_030617.jpg
IMG_20161128_030542.jpg

Colas side by side
IMG_20161128_030430.jpg
IMG_20161128_030216.jpg

Awesome plants bro. Great job. I just had my first harvest and the feeling is unlike anything I've ever experienced. Happy growing!!

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using 420 Magazine Mobile App
A couple of years a go I had another grow, it wasnt much but come harvest i started bringing back all the memories I had of buying schwag weed. And it was just a bagseed.. Harvesting definitely loads the dopamine receptors :p thank you for your kind response

Good job!!!! I just dropped a black cream bean, this makes me hopeful

You will only regret it if your plants regret popping the soil, autos are delicate but with great care you can achieve greatness in yield. You will love the color :D happy growing man

Are you going to wash these after harvest? They look so tastey man ..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm going to use baking soda and lemon to wash them yes. Since I don't have any budrot I don't need peroxide, RH is at 45-50% stable. I definitely need to wash them because I don't have a sealed growroom and I have a dog! Bad combination :D

I attempted to grow one in my very first grow, I butchered it!!!! I have slightly better skills so maybe I get a pretty girl. Do you suggest topping and training or let it go natural for a noob?

I attempted to grow one in my very first grow, I butchered it!!!! I have slightly better skills so maybe I get a pretty girl. Do you suggest topping and training or let it go natural for a noob?

Opinions differ, I'd say try low stress training to begin with, learn the ropes, expose as many budsites to direct lighting. From there on you can continue this way. I'd leave High stress training for experimental auto grows(some people do top autos and claim it works, i havent tried it).

Opinions differ, I'd say try low stress training to begin with, learn the ropes, expose as many budsites to direct lighting. From there on you can continue this way. I'd leave High stress training for experimental auto grows(some people do top autos and claim it works, i havent tried it).
From my understanding of autos they have a set life span and topping would take time to recover so this can effect the yeild if im correct or not thats open for debate having no experience with autos as of yet i cant say for sure lookjng forward to getting my hands on some!

All the better, without limitation there would be no experimentation/progress. I can't say anything about hard stress training, I've only played with veg time just a tad(1.5 weeks longer veg, didnt feed bloomnutes till week 5.5-6) They turned out well, now I only need to get another auto grow going to see if there I notice differences following a different schedule. Be creative man :D Keep growing people

I now top and then LST all my autos my opinion but I think it doesnt stunt atall aslong as you top at the right time (between 3rd and 4th node).. ive found if anything it allows lower growth to catch up and gives a nicer even canopy.. just my 2 pennies worth

Sent from my GT-I9300 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Im a noob myself but I researched loads and got alot of advice from thebeast.. hes got alot of experience on autos and very helpful

Im a noob myself but I researched loads and got alot of advice from thebeast.. hes got alot of experience on autos and very helpful

Going to check that out for sure autos seem to be the best thing for me theoretically as ill be able to chop once a month hopefully! Only thing concerning me is the power usage wouldnt this work out more then a photo ?

And there is another question unanswered. Ill chop those babies in a week or so, after that follows a 2 week dry but curing is tricky because i'll have to go on christmas vacation. Here's the question. Have you guys ever had to delay curing aka dry for 4-5 weeks instead of 2? Give me your lights!

Speaking of times. I was wondering whether 12-12 seed to harvest photoperiod grows could prove more rewarding(yield,problems,harvest time).
Ive got a haze bagseed ive popped been on 12 12 ever since growths currently slow but still cracking on will compare it against when i do my autos.. not such a fair test as the strains will be so different but still be good to compare the results

Back
Top Bottom