Vapin's Indoor MH/HPS Organic Grow Journal 2

Vapin

Journal Update:

Day 1.

This is my second grow, hopefully this one will turn out much better than the first.

Strains and percentages:
The goal is 6 healthy female plants. All the seeds were feminized and purchased from seedbanks.

Emerald Jack
Northern Lights x Skunk
Grapefruit Krush
Sweet Black Angel

1 of each except the Northern Lights x Skunk, I am going to try to have 3 of those.

So I ended up germinating my freebies a few days ago, and today I noticed Grapefruit Krush, Northern Lights x Skunk, and Emerald Jack sprouted. Hopefully, they will take and not dry out or do something stupid.

I have other seeds planted, Sweet Black Angel, and 2 more Northern Lights x Skunk, and if they come up I will grow them.

Oh and I have a few bag seed plants I am messing with. They are going to go outside as soon as they show sex, I am not risking a male or hermie pollinating my crop again. The strains involved here are hybrids that were either the result of my hermie strain pollinating my friends grow, and stuff I purchase for personal use thats very Indica dominant. Fuzzy Dragon x Northern Lights, Fuzzy Dragon x LSD, Fuzzy Dragon x Super Lemon Haze.

As far as percentages go, they are all above 15% thc, not sure about the cbd levels.

Current life cycle:
Seeds were planted 4-15-12 and are at day 1 in the picture.

Indoor or Outdoor, Type of Soil Used, any nutrients added:
This time, I had a older growing buddy of mine help me out. He mixed me up some super soil from a recipe. I am not sure of the exact mixture, but I know its almost identical to subcool's mixture.

HIGHTIMES.COM > Subcool’s Super Soil Step-by-Step

Soil PH Levels:
I have no idea what the PH levels of the soil are, because my meter is broken. Will be purchasing a new one.

Light(s) and light hours:
400 watt MH, set to 18 hours of light, with a HPS bulb to switch to when plants start to flower.

Air circulation:
Boxfan blowing on the plants, medium setting from 3 feet away.

Temperature and Humidity:
It gets rather high actually. Inclosed small room, temp is 75 to 90. =\ However, the humidity is great. maintains a nice 40% to 70% depending on how much moisture I put into the air.

Size of room:
Room is roughly 8 by 10, small.

Pests:
No Pests yet.

Watering times and methods:
For the saplings, the top of the soil is sprayed to help maintain humidity, and the pot are watered using the "lift" method. I haven't had them dry out so I don't know how often they are going to need to be watered, but I am assuming somewhere around once every couple weeks?

Notes:
I would like to know if I can get away with growing in an environment that gets temps as high as 90.

Looking for suggestions and constructive criticism.

The pack the Northern Lights x Skunk came in
DSC037783.JPG

My special germination method using an OLD laptops charging brick for heat.
dsc037903.JPG

DSC037911.JPG

The sprouts, Northern Lights x Skunk, Grapefruit Krush, and Emerald Jack.
DSC037973.JPG

DSC037982.JPG

DSC037994.JPG

Heres some bagseed I am using to test the new environment.
DSC037942.JPG

Notice the light burn on this one, Had the light too close so I kept moving it till the burning stopped. Its recovering well.
DSC037932.JPG

And here is the temp and humidity. Am I going to be ok with the temp going as high as 90?
DSC038014.JPG

good luck my freind! Illbe watching

Journal Update:

Day 3.

I decided to not take the risk of 90 degree temps and relocate. The new location holds a perfect environment for growing. :D

My buddy gave me 3 Royal purple kush clones, about a month old, and the sprouts are looking goods, here are some pictures.

Northern Lights x Skunk

DSC038282.JPG

Grapefruit Krush

DSC038293.JPG

Emerald Jack

DSC038313.JPG

Royal purple kush clones

DSC038253.JPG

DSC038241.JPG

New environments temperature and humidity

DSC0382111.jpg

Journal Update:

Day 30.

Got some yellowing on the lower leaves of the RPK clones, I don't see any brown spots so I am assuming nitrogen deficiency, but I am NOT SURE.

I let 3 tablespoons of bat guano sit in a gallon of water for 48 hours, shaking it every 4 or so. Then I filtered the debris out, and used the water to water then RPK, and I made a foliar spray and sprayed them. I did this today, not sure when I should expect results.

Anyways, here are the photos.

Suggestions? constructive criticism? please, please, PLEASE post. I want to fix the yellowing, and speed up my small plants vegetative growth.

Northern Lights x Skunk

DSC039041.JPG

Grapefruit Krush

DSC03902.JPG

Emerald Jack

DSC039053.JPG

Royal purple kush clones

DSC038992.JPG

DSC039002.JPG

DSC039063.JPG

DSC039072.JPG

DSC039081.JPG

DSC039091.JPG

Journal Update:

Day 40. Day 6 flower

Seeing as the RPK clones are now 3 + months old I decided to flower them. They have been under 12-12 for 6 days in the pictures.

I have the other 3 plants in a different location still vegging.

Any ideas on what I should do to give the budding process an extra "organic boost"?

RPK clones

DSC039191.JPG

DSC039201.JPG

The girls: left = Emerald Jack, middle = Grapefruit Krush, and the plant on the right is Northern Lights x Skunk

DSC039211.JPG

Very nice looking garden Vapin!!! Plants are looking healthy, buds frosty and starting to swell a lot :) Looks like your going to have some delicious smoke soon!

Journal Update:

Day 107. Day 74 flower[/B]

Harvest.

Had to harvest just a little bit earlier than I wanted to, but its fine. :D

I guess I am going to let them air cure for 48 hours with the door open, then another 48 with the door closed, circulating air in every few hours, then move on to jars. What do you think?

DSC040891.JPG

DSC040862.JPG

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom