Indoor Girl Scout Cookies Grow 2019: My First

So far so good I say.
Welcome Liam. Looks like it's going just fine. As you are fully aware you need more light soon but don't get too worked up because that plant looks just fine. Worst case scenario you just pop in another CFL to hold you over. The CFL lights do best when suspended horizontally over the plant instead of vertically. More light comes off the sides of those lights.
Here is a link to a thread created by Emilya. She did a great job and this is how I water my plants.
The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant

Yeah I wish I would’ve known how the CFL puts more light horizontally when I bought them, I’ve made Cheap light reflectors to try to get as much as I can out of it. Thank you very much for the help and link I will be sure to read that right now !

Update she took well to the transplant ! Watered it and feed nutrients last night. She is thriving ! Thank you so much to everybody you guys are amazing ! This forum is my favorite! I appreciate everyone !
CC028391-ACC3-452A-B95E-4B62F791BF61.jpeg

Hey Liam, on to a great start I see! How far above the plant is your light? I was checking out that light. 24 inches is about where you could be according to the Mars guide lines. Great color on those leaves too, nice and green!

Congrats on your first grow, all the new gear, and welcome to 420 Mag!

Hey Liam, on to a great start I see! How far above the plant is your light? I was checking out that light. 24 inches is about where you could be according to the Mars guide lines. Great color on those leaves too, nice and green!

Congrats on your first grow, all the new gear, and welcome to 420 Mag!

It’s about 21 inches . Everyone gave me mixed opinions, some people said to put it far. Other people would say to put it closer. So I went in the middle and I will watch closely to see how she reacts . Thank you very much I’m happy to learn here!

Update! About day 22 here, as far as I can tell everything is going great. Very happy with my tent and light.

I just want to address two quick things for feedaback & advice though if you don’t mind.

1: should I be topping right now or a little bit later? (5 nodes working on 6)

2: is this bottom leaf dying off or twisting and turning normal? It’s the very bottom leafs and I don’t see any other problems except the bottom two leafs.

Will provide pictures! Thank you to everyone for the support and happy growing!
:green_heart:

Attachments

• F7BED8FA-B6AC-466A-A355-A64650C94DBF.jpeg
    F7BED8FA-B6AC-466A-A355-A64650C94DBF.jpeg
    659 KB · Views: 66
  • AE2220C9-A06B-4F30-AC92-5F31EBA0174A.jpeg
    AE2220C9-A06B-4F30-AC92-5F31EBA0174A.jpeg
    800.4 KB · Views: 66
  • A1EE937D-04DD-486A-A355-573278A56A4E.jpeg
    A1EE937D-04DD-486A-A355-573278A56A4E.jpeg
    831.8 KB · Views: 66
  • FA75BB43-41CD-46B9-B0A1-2325E9E6FFEE.jpeg
    FA75BB43-41CD-46B9-B0A1-2325E9E6FFEE.jpeg
    579.5 KB · Views: 82
Update! About day 22 here, as far as I can tell everything is going great. Very happy with my tent and light.

I just want to address two quick things for feedaback & advice though if you don’t mind.

1: should I be topping right now or a little bit later? (5 nodes working on 6)

2: is this bottom leaf dying off or twisting and turning normal? It’s the very bottom leafs and I don’t see any other problems except the bottom two leafs.

Will provide pictures! Thank you to everyone for the support and happy growing!
:green_heart:
From the pics i would wait one more node. Cant see the bottom leave really, new growth looks good tho

Update ! She’s doing awesome. Just have been researching a lot about what type of training I want to do . I think I’m going to top it eventually.

Today I gave a full feed of nutrients so we will see how she reacts.

Attachments

• D455D44C-46A4-4A0C-BBAE-49BC0324C249.jpeg
    D455D44C-46A4-4A0C-BBAE-49BC0324C249.jpeg
    851.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 328B88EE-CFA5-4700-87E6-0F8F2CD2CB25.jpeg
    328B88EE-CFA5-4700-87E6-0F8F2CD2CB25.jpeg
    466.4 KB · Views: 66
She looks like she can handle some feed. I recently switched up my mix, just 25% stronger, I didn't need too, and honestly shouldn't have. She'll be fine but I'm just gonna go back to what I was doing which was following the chart. I love when new stuff for the garden gets here. You'll have some nice size tomatoes for sure!

You got the tagging thing down correctly. I'm following your grow so you don't need to tag me, it's cool tho, no problem. Yeah, Strong and healthy plant, I agree with that, but if your plants already strong and healthy... know what I'm sayin? Stick with your chart, no need to reinvent the wheel.

You got the tagging thing down correctly. I'm following your grow so you don't need to tag me, it's cool tho, no problem. Yeah, Strong and healthy plant, I agree with that, but if your plants already strong and healthy... know what I'm sayin? Stick with your chart, no need to reinvent the wheel.

I tagged you because I typically quote everyone.
Yeah I’m following it right now so it should be fine! Just first big feed she has had. Also my first grow so everything makes me nervous hah.

I understand, I think you're past the hardest part, once they start to hit their stride it becomes much easier and they can handle a lot more abuse. Trust me, I do some extreme stuff to my plants. Check out this Auto I'm growin, it's just past 3 weeks old and I've been tucking leaves like crazy to try and get the shoots to grow out.

Cool to share pics, I hope?

I understand, I think you're past the hardest part, once they start to hit their stride it becomes much easier and they can handle a lot more abuse. Trust me, I do some extreme stuff to my plants. Check out this Auto I'm growin, it's just past 3 weeks old and I've been tucking leaves like crazy to try and get the shoots to grow out.

Cool to share pics, I hope?

She did good with the nutes. I overwatered a bit and she was droopy but she perked right back up later in the day. And wow your plant looks good for that young! Of course sharing pics is okay!

Back
Top Bottom