Indoor - Mauiwauiguy's Journal 2014

Gaaaaa, these GPD girls are making me crazy. Still not ready. All though I do have an interesting observation, the one GDP that I topped is actually turning purple. The two that fimmed, have not turned purple at all. Go figure huh.
I was hoping to have this done before the July 4th holiday, now I am not so sure.

So we wait.

Maui

Well I think these girls are as ready as they are going to get. I leave Thursday morning to go camping until Sunday. I just don't think they will last that long and ruin all my work.
I will be chopping them down tonight. Pictures to come

Maui

Good Morning,

Wow what a task to tackle by your self. So you all know that I have been fighting PM. Was never able to get rid of it as I found it late. Did some reading and found a video by Jorge Cervantes about an H202 bath. Thought WTH I haven't a thing to lose. So you guessed it, I was up until 1 AM and still did not get finished trimming.

All is good though, not sure of what I got out of them yet as they are drying probably until Sunday. Here is a couple of pics of my drying stand that is 4' tall by 2' diameter. I think I did OK for my first grow.

DSCN03457.jpg
DSCN03448.jpg

So what do you think I got in finished product? I am hoping for at least 6 oz.

Maui

Hey Dadums,

Do you water cure the whole lot? Big buds and all? Or do you just do the small buds? What is your procedure?

So after 3 days or so in the water then dried...... they are cured and ready to smoke?

And since I just chopped them, can I still do the water cure? And one last question, 5 days to long?

So for the 3rd degree but this is how I learn.

Thanks for the input

Maui

Hey Dadums,

Do you water cure the whole lot? Big buds and all? Or do you just do the small buds? What is your procedure?

So after 3 days or so in the water then dried...... they are cured and ready to smoke?

And since I just chopped them, can I still do the water cure? And one last question, 5 days to long?

So for the 3rd degree but this is how I learn.

Thanks for the input

Maui

Never apologize it's a sign of weakness.
I submerged the whole crop in distilled water.
You can use regular water it just takes an extra day or so.
Changed daily until clear.
Dry then cure. If you cure in jars make sure it is DRY.
Handle gently so you don't knock off trichomes.

Pros. Washes away unwanted stuff mold, nutes, bugs from outside grows etc.
No smell when in the jars and drying and little when drying.
I don't flush at the end of flower and feed until harvest.
Cons.I was desperate to save a crop or I wouldn't have tried this. It's disconcerting taking all that
hard work and drowning it. You loose "bag appeal", but I prefer the light mellow tasting result.
Your buds will condense and darken, but it's OK with me I only grow for my wife's and my meds.
For piece of mind just do the effected buds this time. You may like it. I always cure this way now.
Let me know how everything goes.
:nomo:

I must admit that doing the H202 treatment sure made the smell fresh a summers breeze (roflmao). It sure did kill all the organic matter that is on the buds but sure makes for a lot more work. It no doubt added a few hours to the deal. Should be interesting to see how it comes out.

Thanks for letting me know your procedure.

Maui

Mmmm Mmmm BrewMaster, now that sounds good.

So I ended up with 294 grams manicured, dried and in the jars. Pretty pleased for my first indoor grow. I will give a smoke report in 2 or 3 weeks. I now consider this grow complete.

Maui

Dam Maui that is fantastic. :bravo::cheer::cheer::thumb::cheer::cheer::bravo: Very nice harvest my fellow Washingtonian

Preliminary smoke report:

I chopped them when they were mostly cloudy with just a few amber Trichomes. Didn't want then to go to the CBN side. Seems to be a very cerebral high, a bit on the harsh side but not too bad. Pretty damned stoney though. I want to wait at least 2 weeks before really smoking any but probably won't make it that far.

Maui

Preliminary smoke report:

I chopped them when they were mostly cloudy with just a few amber Trichomes. Didn't want then to go to the CBN side. Seems to be a very cerebral high, a bit on the harsh side but not too bad. Pretty damned stoney though. I want to wait at least 2 weeks before really smoking any but probably won't make it that far.

Maui

Sounds like we both like the same kind of weed. No amber at all will be my goal.

Yep, I didn't want the whole koucklock thing. I will grow a strain specifically for that as it really helps me sleep. But these GDP girls will be my day time med as it doesn't put me to sleep. I will report more in the next couple of weeks.

Maui

OK one last entry,

The final smoke report:

So had my daughter who happens to be a grower for one of the local dispensaries give me her professional opinion, so here goes.

She said for a first time grower I did great. The taste is on the bland side (Her words) but what I did get right was the effect. This stuff will rock your socks off. Very cerebral and body high. Hits right away right in the middle of your forehead.

Sat with my son in law the other day and indulged in couple of bowls. We were half way thorough the second bowl and he pushed the bowl back and says "I have had enough, I still need to drive home."

I must say I have never never seen this boy turn down free weed. I guess that says something about the quality.

So all in all I am very pleased. I have 10 ounces vacuum packed in mason jars as they are cured to a great point.

Yes vacuum sealed. Food Saver makes an attachment that will vacuum seal your mason jars. Wow does it ever work. Seals it so well that it damn near takes a can opener to get the lid off. And, as long as you don't damage the lid, you can re-seal the jar.

So that is it for this journal. I do appreciate you all that have followed along. Please join me in my 2nd grow. White Widow x Bigbud that I just flipped the lights on.

Happy Growing
Maui

Terrific job man. If our son ever turns down a hit, I will probably have a cardiac. LMAO.

MikeTbob,

Yeah I damn near hit the floor when said that but oh well.

Maui

Back
Top Bottom