Indoor - Mauiwauiguy's Journal 2014

Accidental comparison has happened on this grow: FIMing VS Topping.

If you look at the 3 girls I have going, the one to the right rear accidentally got topped (Trying to LST and got carried away and broke the branch). You will notice that it stretched much more than the other 2. The one that i ummm topped has lots of long branches that almost resemble a big bowl. Where I FIMed the other 2, they stayed more compact and twice (easily) the amount of cola's.

I swear in the beginning that FIMing did little more than screw up some of the leaves. Bazaar to see the FIMed leaves grow out and be all straggly but I think I have come to the conclusion that FIMing is far superior to topping.

This is of course just my observation.

Maui

Good evening weed Maui. Your girls are looking mighty fine. You are going to be a very happy person. :goodjob::bravo::high-five:

(Dun dun dun dun) Getting so hard to wait. Trichomes are still clear. Have 1 leaf trying to turn purple.

Maui

Boy do I know how hard it is to wait. I'm getting close to harvest but there are still a lot of clear. Weather report. partly cloudy with some clearing. :cheesygrinsmiley:

You are doing really well, Maui! Hang in there! Your quality is increasing with every passing week. Hold out for the cloudy and amber trichs to show.

You've done an awesome job so far.

/Obi

Thanks Obi Wan and BeemerBill,

I sure hope the anxiety wanes on this next grow. But I will have a fair amount of my own stash so should be better. My girls look to be producing at least 2 oz per plant. I can only hope. And of course I will let you all know how it came out with a smoke report.

Maui

After reading a bit more, I may have been a few days early as I did this on day 17. I will wait till day 21 next grow. So thin them real hard again on day 42?

Thanks for all the input
Maui

Subscribed. I defoliate at days 21-25 of flower and remove all the lower growth and any popcorn and any fan leaf that shades a bud site and again at day 45 if needed.

As for the RH in my tent, I struggle to keep it up as I have my tent in the basement. I actually had to have a humidifier all during veg just to keep it at 55%. I am running at 40% right now and will keep an eye out. 50% is about as high as you want to be during flowering, yes?

You want from 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% for flowering.

Well I talked with another grower yesterday about my yellowing leaves. He seems to think I may be under watering. I have bought a soil humidity tester and usually water when it starts to get just above 'Dry'. When I do water, I always get run off. I tend to water every 3rd day.

Do you think this may contributing to the issue? I have to believe you guys about the low nitrogen and old age.

What say you premium growers?

Maui

Can your plants go another day without watering or is the soil still moist? Place your finger 1-2 inches into the soil and feel how moist the soil is. You should also get used to lifting up your pots. Lift up your pots when you water and feel the weight and again lift the pot as it dries and feel the weight when it is dry.

Thanks Obi Wan and BeemerBill,

I sure hope the anxiety wanes on this next grow. But I will have a fair amount of my own stash so should be better. My girls look to be producing at least 2 oz per plant. I can only hope. And of course I will let you all know how it came out with a smoke report.

Maui

Good morning weed Maui, My tent is empty. Chopped the last 5 yesterday so you should be getting close. Mine were mostly cloudy with a hit of amber. This is when the thc is at it's best. More amber more couch lock. I'm hoping for a little over a pound. Happy Shatterday neighbor.

Oahu to Maui! Hello!

Hey man, still looking good in that tent of yours :thumb:

GDP! Woohoo!

...color is overrated on these girls... Where I live, nearly all my girls finish with blackish-purple/red leaves. I'm sick of it! Stay green little girls... Honestly, it can make it hard to see mold/ rot if the flowers get to dark.

Good morning all and thank you for all the comments.

Not sure what is going on but they don't seem to be filling in. They are happy and healthy by appearance. Maybe this strain just takes longer to mature. They are on day 57 and most everything is still green. Some of the larger fan leaves are just now starting to yellow. They haven't been feed in 3 weeks, just PHed water. So my plan is to cut back on water. May have been keeping then too hydrated. I have a moisture meter that I usually let run right down to the upper limits of dry. I was due to water last night but choose to wait one more day.

As for the Trichomes, they appear to starting to turn cloudy. I have seen some amber ones out on the sugar leaves but none on the buds. So I wait. I will get some pics up tonight.

Maui

Oahu to Maui! Hello!

Hey man, still looking good in that tent of yours :thumb:

GDP! Woohoo!

...color is overrated on these girls... Where I live, nearly all my girls finish with blackish-purple/red leaves. I'm sick of it! Stay green little girls... Honestly, it can make it hard to see mold/ rot if the flowers get to dark.

THSea,

I am not so sure that these are truly GDP. I thought and have read that this strain is predominately Indica, which would think would have big wide leaves.
Now compared to my outdoor UW Purp, not even close. What I am growing now is I think something more Sativa. Oh well that's what you get for buying clones on Craigslist. They will turn out fine I think but not the strain I had planned on but I still think they will be chronic.

Maui

Good morning weed Maui, My tent is empty. Chopped the last 5 yesterday so you should be getting close. Mine were mostly cloudy with a hit of amber. This is when the thc is at it's best. More amber more couch lock. I'm hoping for a little over a pound. Happy Shatterday neighbor.

Great job BeemerBill ya dirty dog. I am still waiting but getting much closer.

Maui

Great job BeemerBill ya dirty dog. I am still waiting but getting much closer.

Maui

:laughtwo::laughtwo: If you are seeing amber on the sugar leaves I would be looking very close on the buds. Mostly cloudy with a few amber, to me is a good thing. you are close my friend. Happy Munchday

Ok here is the latest picture update:

DSCN0338_R.jpg
DSCN0337_R.jpg
DSCN0336_R.jpg
DSCN0339_R.jpg

As I said in the Over 50 Club, I swear they aren't growing but now looking at pictures i can tell that they are. Still waiting for them to finish. I now understand the statement "Patience is a virtual". Sadly I am having a tough of that virtue.

Life is good though, they appear to happy and healthy, so we wait.

Maui

subbed for the finale. These are looking B-E-A-utiful!

Humidity is higher than I like but running about 45%. Next grow will have a dehumidifier to get the RH down to 30% at flowering. Temp runs 68 with the lights out and 75 lights on.

They are starting to cloud so we are just about done.

Maui

Brewmaster,

Thanks for the input. I haven't decide what to buy yet but starting to look now.

Maui

Back
Top Bottom